Xbox App on PC sees my Xbox One, but can't Connect

Discus and support Xbox App on PC sees my Xbox One, but can't Connect in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Yup, just like it says. I've tried numerous setups, updates, but nothing changes. Though the Xbox App can see my Xbox One in the network, it states... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JohnPoling, Sep 23, 2018.

1. JohnPoling
    JohnPoling Guest

Yup, just like it says. I've tried numerous setups, updates, but nothing changes. Though the Xbox App can see my Xbox One in the network, it states that it cannot connect to it, even after I type in the IP address, either wired or wireless. Any assistance
    would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

JohnPoling, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Xbox One Messages on different profiles

Hi there I currently have 3 profiles on my Xbox One, the first is the main account that Xbox live is connected to but when I sign in to my profile on pc or the Xbox app I can't see the messages on the other profiles only the main profile can it only be done
    on the Xbox itself?

LukeTaylor1990, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Mech Drson
    Mech Drson Guest
    Xbox App doesn't see my Xbox one

Hi everybody,

version of my xbox app is 15.17.3003.0000 (actual). My PC and Xbox one are in the same subnet mask. I can connect via smartglass app on my phone with android, but on the PC, my Xbox app doesn't see Xbox. Typing IP directly doesn't help.

Xbox app also doesn't show xobo one games, only xbox 360....

Any ideas where can be problem?

Thank for help

Mech Drson, Sep 23, 2018
  4. butter122383
    butter122383 Guest

what windows are you running, and your router. Also are you set up on the Preferences >
    Xbox app connectivity, and then selecting Allow connections from any device.

butter122383, Sep 23, 2018
  5. JohnPoling
    JohnPoling Guest
    Windows 10, CenturyLink with 20Mb up and 60Mb down, and CenturyLink branded 802.11n wireless router/modem.

JohnPoling, Sep 23, 2018
  6. butter122383
    butter122383 Guest
    what about the setting on the xbox: make sure it set up to Preferences >
    Xbox app connectivity, and then selecting Allow connections from any device.

also does your modem broadcast both 2.4G and 5 G

butter122383, Sep 23, 2018
  7. JohnPoling
    JohnPoling Guest
    Yes, the Xbox is set to allow all connections, my modem didn't specify either but repeater downstairs does both 2.4 and 5 but my Xbox is less than five feet from the modem itself.

JohnPoling, Sep 23, 2018
  8. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest

Hiya, John!

Paul from Xbox Forums Team here to assist with the issue, based off the information provided regarding this issue I believe I have a suggestion to make to see if this will resolve the issue. My suggestion is can we try using an ethernet cord to connect both
    the Xbox One Console and the PC to the same network and see if they see each other that way. Please let us know if that's a viable option.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!

XBF Paul M, Sep 25, 2018
  9. JohnPoling
    JohnPoling Guest
    No, either wired or wireless, it recognizes that there is an Xbox One on the network, but says it cannot connect, as I stated at the beginning of this post.

JohnPoling, Sep 25, 2018
  10. JohnPoling
    JohnPoling Guest
    Also, this is a feature that was working, but now no longer works.

JohnPoling, Sep 25, 2018
  11. Hi John,

I understand this situation can be frustrating. It appears others had a similar issue. I would like to recommend checking out the following link:

Can't connect to Xbox One Windows 10
    for ideas on how to resolve this issue.

I hope this helps ^‿^

XBF Jasmine Z, Sep 25, 2018
  12. JohnPoling
    JohnPoling Guest
    Who knew renaming the Xbox would work?! Thanks. Xbox App on PC sees my Xbox One, but can't Connect :)

JohnPoling, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: