xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

Discus and support xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by D Yyw, Nov 30, 2023.

1. D Yyw
    D Yyw Guest

xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users

I'm setting up a new pc. Trying to download games to try on it. I log into my account on firefox with no issues. But when I launch the app on the pc it keeps logging me into a similar but incorrect user name. I log in or out and it keeps auto loading into that account.

I've tried logging out and resetting the app itself. Which should delete the data, but no.

I've tried deleting and redownloading the app. No change.

I've logged out and closed the browser deleting all history.

I don't know why I cannot change account. And I REALLY don't understand how they logged me into the account without a password. This is a typo of my account, not like an alt account in my household. Also again this is a new pc.

:)

D Yyw, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hello D Y,

My name is Jose, and I am an independent advisor. It's a pleasure for me to assist and guide you as best as possible.

I'm sorry for what you're going through. In this case, to resolve the issue of the Xbox app on PC continuing to sign in with the incorrect account, you can try the following steps:

Sign Out of the Xbox App:

Open the Xbox app on your PC.
    Go to the upper-right corner, where you should see the account name.
    Click on the name and select "Sign out" or "Sign out everywhere" if available.
    Delete App Data:

Go to your PC settings.
    Search for "Apps" or "Programs" and find the Xbox app.
    Click on the Xbox app and select "Advanced options" or "Advanced settings."
    Here, you should have the option to "Reset" or "Delete data." Use this option to clear the app data.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the Xbox App:

Completely uninstall the Xbox app from the app settings.
    Go to the Microsoft Store and reinstall the Xbox app.
    Clear Browser Cache (if applicable):

If you logged into your account through a browser, clear the browser's cache and cookies to ensure there are no stored login data.

Check Browser Login Sessions:

Make sure there are no saved logins in your browser that may be interfering with the Xbox app. If there are, remove them.

Verify Windows Login:

Ensure your PC is using the correct Microsoft account to log in to Windows. Login issues in Windows can sometimes affect associated apps.

Update Windows:

Make sure you have the latest version of Windows installed. Operating system updates can address compatibility issues.

After following these steps, try opening the Xbox app again and sign in with your correct account. If the issue persists, consider contacting Xbox technical support for specific assistance with your situation.

Technical Support Xbox: https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Jose.
  3. Johnny busolin Win User

Why is the Xbox App Still Broken After All These Years?!

I have also been having terrible issues with it. It will not let me log in with my account. It is stuck with my previous log in info and wont let me change it so i keep getting an error message. There is literally no way to change it on the app. In dire
    need of help.
  4. ¥§~Aaron~§¥Verif Win User

xbox app log in

I have just brought a new laptop and I am trying to log into the xbox app that is already installed to the laptop, however, it wont let me log into my account. It does not give me the option to change account and keeps signing me into a random account.
    how do I change account as it's driving me up the wall!!!?
    I want to be able to talk because my mic broke
  5. imweakusee Win User

Downloading my profile to my friends xbox.

im sorry but no one else is logged in as my account at the time of me trying to download. As of last night it wont let me load it up on my own xbox either. It brings up the same message.
  6. Steph GBE Win User

Wont let me change my account customization

Both the microsoft website and on the xbox, it wont let me change my account privacy and security keeps giving me the same message to try again later
Thema:

1. xbox app on pc keeps logging me into someone elses account and wont let me change users - Similar Threads - app keeps logging

2. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  3. I keep getting a 0x80248014 error when downloading apps

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting a 0x80248014 error when downloading apps: Every time i try to install youtube or other apps on my xbox it gives me the 0x80248014 error code. Does anyone know why its giving me this problem? and how do i fix it?...
  4. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  5. my Xbox app on my PC keeps closing

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox app on my PC keeps closing: my Xbox app on my PC keeps closing moments after opening it. I've tried all the usual fixes (rebooting the app, ending task in task manager and opening again, checking if the app needed updating,...
  6. Do I keep my subscriptions if I do "Reset and keep my games & apps"?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I keep my subscriptions if I do "Reset and keep my games & apps"?: My Xbox has been saying I don't have enough storage space for saved data for Cyberpunk, so I went onto the forums and found that someone asked a question and got an answer for it,...
  7. So does Xbox just not care anymore about game standards, I mean keep putting free app store...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So does Xbox just not care anymore about game standards, I mean keep putting free app store...: How do I get a Refund especially on a digital game (probably is none) but I wish there where...there has to be a standard for Xbox games.... 0d8cc60e-2bad-4171-bab5-65678aa866e0
  8. How can I log onto my rewards app on console when it's keeps asking me to update my location?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I log onto my rewards app on console when it's keeps asking me to update my location?: Each time I try to open my rewards app on console it states that I need to update my location and won't allow me to go any further so therefore I have lost my streak and Microsoft support haven't...
  9. Xbox app won’t let me change accounts, keeps auto logging me into the account i was before.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox app won’t let me change accounts, keeps auto logging me into the account i was before.: So in the Xbox app PC, I am into my friend's account to try a game he had but now whenever I try to log back into mine I click sign out then when I sign in it just does a black screen for 2...
  10. Keep getting this error trying to log in to the xbox (beta) app. Any help cheers

in XboX Insiders
    Keep getting this error trying to log in to the xbox (beta) app. Any help cheers: [IMG] submitted by /u/d1strbd [link] [comments]