Xbox app on PC crashed while installing

Discus and support Xbox app on PC crashed while installing in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been attempting to download the xbox app on my pc every few weeks or so, and my installing speed stops after about an eighth of the download is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Soren Roberts, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Xbox app on PC crashed while installing

I've been attempting to download the xbox app on my pc every few weeks or so, and my installing speed stops after about an eighth of the download is done. It's been bugging me for a while as I can't play cloud gaming on my pc. This has been happening for about 2 years. Does anyone know how to fix it?

:)

Soren Roberts, Dec 13, 2023
  2. Soren Roberts Win User

Hello Arturo,

- I do not experience the same problem when downloading any other app from the store, it just seems to be when the Xbox app gets to the installation screen.

- My PC is running Windows 10.

- I have looked for people with similar problems to try and find solutions to this problem but I cannot seem to find anyone experiencing the same issue.

Kind regards,

Soren.
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Soren R. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

However, I find it appropriate to ask some questions:

— Do you experience the same behavior when downloading any other app from the Microsoft Store, or is just the Xbox app?

— Is your PC running Windows 10 or Windows 11?

— What potential solutions have you tried to fix this issue?
    Please describe each one.

I'll remain attentive to your answers.

Kind regards,

Arturo.
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Hi, Soren.

Thanks for answering my questions.

In this particular case, I would like to suggest the following potential solutions:

A. Run the SFC tool on your PC. This tool may help to find potential corruptions on your system that’s not allowing properly the Xbox app to be downloaded on your system.

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

B. Run the in-place upgrade. Please note that the in-place upgrade is not the update we perform via PC settings:

For Windows 10:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7f0b236e-3c6c-4913-9691-c4baa2a6190a
  5. frangarnes Win User

Xbox app and Store not working since Windows 10 update

Same problem here, Xbox app loads but crashes while logging in with no error message. And exactly same behaviour in beta app. Today I've seen a new update in Store but still not working. I've uninstalled Xbox app with PowerShell and reinstalled again via
    Store, but Xbox app keeps crashing. Notice this is happening in a tablet-PC with Intel Atom x5-Z8500, but the app works OK for me with my other computers I have Windows 10 installed.
  6. SpaceChiken Win User

Forza Motorsports 7 on PC will not load anymore.

It was purchased for Xbox before it was delisted. I also downloaded and played it for a while on this PC and another before it was delisted. That is how I have it installed on PC. You were never able to buy the physical copy for PC, only digital. I was able to download it through xbox game pass. It still shows installed but crashes after the initial load screen and gives that error code.
Thema:

1. Xbox app on PC crashed while installing - Similar Threads - app crashed while

2. Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install: I was using windows 10 (1903) edition on my core i5 6th gen machine. I bought and installed Microsoft Flight simulator from the store and it worked fine. I upgraded my PC hardware to intel core...
  3. PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly

in XboX Insiders
    PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly: Im currently stuck in a loop where the game Another crab's Treasure will crash once loaded in then on the app will download an 'update' and so on. Weird thing Is I played this morning and...
  4. Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10): Suddenly out of no where the xbox app wouldn't open but just close instantly. I tried restarting pc and repairing and restarting xbox app or even reinstalling it. I even tried reinstalling...
  5. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  6. Disney app crashes when controller turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney app crashes when controller turns off: The Disney app on my Xbox Series S crashes when the controller turns off if I am listening to audio through headphones wired to said controller. Example: I am watching Disney plus, listening...
  7. Why is the Xbox app still crashing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox app still crashing?: The response thread provided to my previous question did not alleviate my problem. I've repaired, reset, windows store app troubleshot, uninstalled, insured my firewall was allowing it through,...
  8. The Xbox app crashes immediately after opening it

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox app crashes immediately after opening it: The Xbox app crashes as soon as I open the app. I tried uninstalling the app, gaming services, console companion Microsoft Store, updating Windows, using PowerShell, logging in as administrator,...
  9. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  10. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...