Xbox app on laptop wont change download loaction from C: to D:

Discus and support Xbox app on laptop wont change download loaction from C: to D: in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I try using this post but it didn't work because the linked they used was no longer worked. Every time I Changed C: to D: it goes back when I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by _Cade_, Jul 4, 2022.

1. _Cade_
    _Cade_ Guest

I try using this post but it didn't work because the linked they used was no longer worked. Every time I Changed C: to D: it goes back when I try to download a game. I repaied the app. restarted my laptop. when i change it from C: to D: it stays it changes it to D: till i try to download a new game and than it goes back to only showing C: option. I

:)

_Cade_, Jul 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the feedback
    That could be the problem, Xbox app requires NTFS drive to install files

To avoid formatting the entire drive, you can try shrink it, and create a new partition as NTFS

If the default Windows Disk manager doesn't let you shrink the exFAT drive you may need to use a third party tool buddy
  3. _Cade_ Win User

Im on windows 11.

I have done both 1 and 2. I cant do 3. I have done 4 Windows is updated. I have done 5 and 6. also D: is exFAT and I am hesitage to format because it says all files will be lost.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Cade!

If you want to access and try the fixes in that page, go here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20211201000930/http... (is an snapshot taken)

In the meantime, may I know if D: drive is formatted as NTFS?

Are you on Windows 11 or 10?

Apart from the previous things described, did you tried extra troubleshooting steps?

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user.

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. Miqueias Nogueira Win User

Ok so on the xbox app I cannot change the driver installation and resetting and repairing doesn't work

I'm having the same problem here, my driver (C:) is the standart, and recently i bought a seagate external HDD and it's assigned as driver (D:) in my pc and the app just doesn't change the instalation from (C:) to (D:)
  6. CkryztelC Win User

Error code: 0x80073d13 (Xbox Game Pass PC Beta)

I had drive D configured for apps installation/games installation until i started getting this error. I change to C: but kept getting the same error.

For me what worked was to change the drive letter from D to E and then it worked correctly on C:

Something gets stuck trying to use drive D so remove it or reassign drive letter.
Thema:

1. Xbox app on laptop wont change download loaction from C: to D: - Similar Threads - app laptop wont

2. Where is the connection tab on the laptop xbox app(latest update)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where is the connection tab on the laptop xbox app(latest update)?: How do I connect my xbox series s to my windows laptop? I want to use my laptop as a monitor. I searched it up and the results are showing the connection tab on the xbox app but the xbox app has a...
  3. I have a new laptop and the xbox app doesn't lanch games, no error message or anything.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a new laptop and the xbox app doesn't lanch games, no error message or anything.: I have reinstalled the xbox app the games i'm trying to open. I've reset the apps setting in settings i've checked that my firewall is not blocking it. I've updated my nvidia drivers to most...
  4. Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.: A few weeks ago i changed my Primary email from my dads to my own and afterwards any microsoft apps on my laptop(Xbox App, Microsoft store, onedrive, Etc.) won't let me sign in, as soon as i put...
  5. How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I connect my xbox one console to my laptop without the xbox companion app?: I want to connect my laptop to my xbox one console by hdmi but I dont have the xbox console companion app pre installed and i cant find it it any store.... How can I connect my cosole to my laptop...
  6. Xbox app on pc/laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on pc/laptop: I have deleted the xbox app on my laptop as i have an xbox series x so do not want games on pc, so with deleting the app I would have thought that would be that But no it continues to download...
  7. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop: When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically. I have...
  8. Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop: I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 3 15 running on windows 11 and have been consistently having issues using any Xbox related app. This includes the main Xbox app and xbox gaming services....
  9. Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop: I can download the app. But can't seem to install it. a17e8316-74fb-4279-9b22-7d3cbf9bb62c
  10. my xbox app on my windows 11 laptop isnt working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox app on my windows 11 laptop isnt working: i just bought this laptop and the xbox app is giving me "0x80073cf9" and "0x80070490" errors . any solution ? 3cf81404-d62b-4eba-b197-8d50fa81eb7e