Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

Discus and support Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by paul mckearney, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master Chief collection with it and wanted to move on to Halo 5 Guardians on the cloud streaming platform on the app.

To do this it says connect an Xbox controller, the Xbox controller is already connected and I can see it is connected in my settings under devices (This is not done via Bluetooth). I don't know if this makes a difference or not (that might just be the problem but I'm not sure). It seems odd that I can play every single game I have downloaded on my PC but when it comes to streaming games on the Xbox app it does not work.

I have previously looked for the solution online before coming here as to not waste any time and effort of one of your team however, all efforts have been useless. I have updated everything to the current version on both windows and the Xbox app and restarted my PC, disconnected the receiver and the controller; closed the app down and nothing seems to work. When i click the 'Add Device' button on the devices settings tab it does not recognize that there is an Xbox controller as I do not have Bluetooth installed as an option with my PC.

If anyone can help I would be greatly appreciative as I really want to play Halo 5. I would buy it were it available however, it apparently is the only game out of the Halo series that is not available to buy on the PC.

:)

paul mckearney, Mar 18, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?