Xbox App not detecting Gaming Services, and once it finally does detect it, games won't...

Discus and support Xbox App not detecting Gaming Services, and once it finally does detect it, games won't... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the past 3 months I have been battling with my xbox app and gaming services, when I open the xbox app, it tells me I require gaming services to be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SJ630, Jun 30, 2023.

1. SJ630
    SJ630 Guest

Xbox App not detecting Gaming Services, and once it finally does detect it, games won't...

For the past 3 months I have been battling with my xbox app and gaming services, when I open the xbox app, it tells me I require gaming services to be downloaded to play and install games, and EVEN THOUGH it is downloaded I press download and accept and it immediately pulls up a Microsoft store notification that it has been downloaded, and my app remains the same and repeats itself over and over. I have searched and searched for answers, I have deleted xbox app and reinstalled, I have repaired and reset both gaming services and the xbox app, I have used powershell to uninstall and reinstall gaming services, and nothing has worked. When my app finally does decide that it wants to cooperate and finally show me whats in my download queue (which consists of 3 games coming to a total of 25 gigs) it will not let me cancel the downloads nor will it continue to download them, its like they are frozen there, and when I press cancel it says cancelling and freezes on that as well. I don't know what to do anymore, someone please help.

:)

SJ630, Jun 30, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Xbox App not detecting Gaming Services, and once it finally does detect it, games won't download or cancel their download, what do I do??

Clear App Data: Clearing the app data for the Xbox app might help resolve any underlying issues. Follow these steps:

Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard to open the Settings app.

Select "Apps" or "Apps & features" from the options.

Search for the Xbox app and click on it.

Select "Advanced options" or "Advanced settings."

Click on the "Reset" button, which should clear the app data.

Restart your device and launch the Xbox app again.

Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Windows provides a built-in troubleshooter specifically for Windows Store apps, which might help identify and fix any issues. Here's how to use it:

Select "Update & Security" from the options.

Choose "Troubleshoot" from the left sidebar.

Scroll down and click on "Windows Store Apps" or "Windows Store Apps and Games."

Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Check System Date and Time: Ensure that the date and time settings on your device are correct. Incorrect date and time settings can sometimes cause issues with the Xbox app and gaming services. To check and adjust the settings:

Select "Time & Language" from the options.

Make sure the "Set time automatically" and "Set time zone automatically" options are enabled.

If they are already enabled, you can try disabling them, waiting for a few seconds, and then enabling them again.
  3. SJ630 Win User

Xbox App not detecting Gaming Services, and once it finally does detect it, games won't download or cancel their download, what do I do??

None of these methods worked either, I've restarted my computer after trying them and it still does the same thing. Thanks for the help though.
  4. SJ630 Win User

I have already tried this method as I stated in the description and it results in the same thing over and over. I appreciate your help though!
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Reset Xbox App: Sometimes resetting the Xbox app can resolve various issues. Here's how you can do it:

Locate the Xbox app from the list and click on it.

Click on the "Reset" button and confirm the action.

Reset Gaming Services: Similar to resetting the Xbox app, you can try resetting the Gaming Services:

Search for "Gaming Services" and click on it.

Click on the "Reset" button and confirm the action.

6. andersonpassos Win User

create another windows profile and test if it works in this new profile.
Thema:

1. Xbox App not detecting Gaming Services, and once it finally does detect it, games won't... - Similar Threads - App detecting Gaming

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller: I have connected my controller through bluetooth to my pc, but the xbox app says 'no controller is connected' a5c43eb8-6edb-4365-883e-8977f307f758
  4. Xbox App Not Detecting PS4 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App Not Detecting PS4 Controller: Hi, My PS4 controller is not being detected by the Xbox app on my PC, but it works normally when using xbox cloud on the Edge browser. I have tried updating the controller drivers, reinstalling...
  5. The Xcloud app software won't detect my right thumbstick or triggers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Xcloud app software won't detect my right thumbstick or triggers?: I have been using a busted up and broken old wired offbrand 360 controller for most of my time playing on Gamepass games using the web browser, however upon ordering a new controller designed for...
  6. Will the xbox app detect my previously installed games after installing new windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will the xbox app detect my previously installed games after installing new windows?: im currently on windows 10 and im going fresh install windows 11 on my pc. i have 3 games of around 150gb on my hard drive (downloaded using xbox app) and im going to install windows on a...
  7. Xbox app asks me to constantly re-install game services and doesn't detect installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app asks me to constantly re-install game services and doesn't detect installed games: Xbox app keeps constantly re-downloading Game Services and doesn't detect my installed games. I tried eliminating gaming services and the xbox app through commands and reinstalling, as this was...
  8. Xbox Game App on W11 - Not allowing me to detect already download games or delete old files.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game App on W11 - Not allowing me to detect already download games or delete old files.: Hello, I have been experiencing an issue with my xbox app on windows 11 that i couldn't install or play my existing game (posted here: Xbox App errors 0x00000001 and 0x80004005 - App Unusable -...
  9. Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive: Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive while trying to install a game. No option to choose which hard drive to be used. [img] Thanks 7682b52f-bb1a-406e-a0fe-82e887d9a740
  10. Xbox app does not detect already installed games via the game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app does not detect already installed games via the game pass: Xbox app does not detect already installed games via the game pass, nor load ANYTHING from the store nor from the game pass section. Already tried resetting the app and reinstalling whole thing...