XBOX App not detecting D or E drive.

Discus and support XBOX App not detecting D or E drive. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot select the D or E drive in the XBOX App. When I select "Not seeing your drives?" It shows me the following errors: [img] The address is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BarjinderMatharoo, Nov 12, 2023.

1. XBOX App not detecting D or E drive.

BarjinderMatharoo, Nov 12, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello BarjinderMatharoo, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry you're having trouble selecting drive D or E in the Xbox app. Here are some steps you could follow:

Change the default storage device in the Xbox app.

Fix the Xbox app: Go to Windows Settings > Apps > find the Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options. After that, click on repair and then on restore, open the app and try again.

Temporarily uninstall Gaming Services.

Move Xbox games to another drive from the WindowsApps folder.

Install the game through the Microsoft Store using GamePass.

If the reply was helpful, please don't forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you
  3. veeting Win User

Can't install games on PC - 0x00000001 error

So when i install the app and restart it goes back to my original issue of only detecting C Drive. I am not able to install on D Drive.
  4. CkryztelC Win User

Error code: 0x80073d13 (Xbox Game Pass PC Beta)

I had drive D configured for apps installation/games installation until i started getting this error. I change to C: but kept getting the same error.

For me what worked was to change the drive letter from D to E and then it worked correctly on C:

Something gets stuck trying to use drive D so remove it or reassign drive letter.
  5. Auditormadness9 Win User

Cannot install any game from the Xbox App

Update.

This is idiotic but it's fixed. I simply created a new volume specifically for Xbox App and it can detect it now. So apparently if I wanted my other two (D and S) drives to be detected, they had to be reformatted and recreated (from NTFS to NTFS for whatever idiotic reason), and why I have no idea, especially when my drives are already NTFS, so why? What is so faulty with them?
  6. SupahDrivah1234 Win User

Error code 0x00000001--cannot install games via Game Pass PC

No, this did not help. After reset, the Xbox app failed to detect my D: drive, forcing me to manually delete GamingServices and Gaming Services.Net from the Registry Editor--which has happened multiple times already--all in order for the app to detect my external hard drive at all.

But even after I finally get it to be detected, I still run into the exact same error code 0x00000001 and all installs of games via Game Pass have failed.

This has happened at least five times already and I'm very tired of running around in circles. I would like a solution that for once doesn't cause my hard drive to disappear from the app.
Thema:

1. XBOX App not detecting D or E drive. - Similar Threads - App detecting drive

2. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  3. Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller: I have connected my controller through bluetooth to my pc, but the xbox app says 'no controller is connected' a5c43eb8-6edb-4365-883e-8977f307f758
  4. Xbox App Not Detecting PS4 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App Not Detecting PS4 Controller: Hi, My PS4 controller is not being detected by the Xbox app on my PC, but it works normally when using xbox cloud on the Edge browser. I have tried updating the controller drivers, reinstalling...
  5. Xbox PC app doesn't detect drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox PC app doesn't detect drive: When I went to change my drive, the D: drive wasn't there. My drive is 1.18 TB, formatted to NTFS, and I made sure it was plugged in correctly. 3e247812-2b90-45ff-ac5c-b4e0f440f6e6
  6. My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console: Yesterday I bought an external hard drive for my console since I ran out of space in the internal storage. The problem starts when I want to download physical games (that is I have the disc) that...
  7. XBOX App not detecting drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX App not detecting drives: Only C Drive is showing up. For other drives when I click "Not seeing your drives?" I get the following images. I have tried changing the default storage location in control panel. I have...
  8. the xbox app is able to detect games from a different drive

in XboX Insiders
    the xbox app is able to detect games from a different drive: Hello, I was wondering if the xbox app is able to detect games from a different drive. I download all my games on a portable drive and i wanted to play the games on my laptop. But when i connected...
  9. Xbox PC app won't detect drive when installing some of the games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC app won't detect drive when installing some of the games.: Hi, recently I am having a problem with the Xbox app on Windows 10/11. When I am trying to install some of the games, the app won't detect my system drive (for example FH5, Aragami 2, Among us),...
  10. Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive: Xbox Game Pass PC App cannot detect hard drive while trying to install a game. No option to choose which hard drive to be used. [img] Thanks 7682b52f-bb1a-406e-a0fe-82e887d9a740