[ Xbox App ] My games keep getting corrupted and I keep verifying it just to get the...

Discus and support [ Xbox App ] My games keep getting corrupted and I keep verifying it just to get the... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My games keep getting corrupted and I keep verifying it just to get the 0x80070005 error like what the f*** I downloaded Forza Horizon 5 now and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by x EJ x, Sep 9, 2023.

1. x EJ x
    x EJ x Guest

[ Xbox App ] My games keep getting corrupted and I keep verifying it just to get the...

My games keep getting corrupted and I keep verifying it just to get the 0x80070005 error like what the f*** I downloaded Forza Horizon 5 now and Starfield two times now needing to do it again for Forza Horizon 5 I restart my pc I rest the app's repair the app's deleted the cache for the app's and deleted the app's (Xbox and Mirosoft Store) still get it plus no updates for windows 11 then SFCing my pc had a or some error's an it fixed the windows 11 error(s) and I reset my pc still not working cheeked the drive for error's none also turned off use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up after an update still not working and keep downloading 100+gb is not an fix

:)

x EJ x, Sep 9, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

[ Xbox App ] My games keep getting corrupted and I keep verifying it just to get the 0x80070005 error

Hello x EJ x,

We appreciate you for sharing this to us and welcome to Xbox forums.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your games getting corrupted and encountering the 0x80070005 error. This error code usually indicates that there is a permission issue preventing the game from being verified or installed properly, when installing updates, running applications, or accessing files. It can also be caused by malware infections, corrupted system files, or incorrect system settings. Nothing to worry about, let's work on this together in a timely manner.

Before we proceed, I will be asking you few questions that will help us understand further:

1. Was this working just fine in the past?
    2. Is this the first time you set up your device for these games?
    3. Can you please check your windows version? To do that, press windows key > type "winver" > Enter. Let me know the results.

In the meantime, to troubleshoot this issue, I recommend trying the following steps:

Note: You can skip the steps you have taken.

1. Run the Xbox app as an administrator: Right-click on the Xbox app icon and select "Run as administrator" to give it elevated permissions.

2. Check your antivirus software: Some antivirus software can interfere with game installations and cause errors. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus software and see if the issue persists.

3. Reset the Windows Store cache: Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box, then type "wsreset.exe" and press Enter. This will reset the Windows Store cache and may resolve the issue.

4. Check for Windows updates: Make sure that your Windows operating system is up to date by checking for updates in the Windows Update settings.

5. Reinstall the Xbox app: If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store.

You may also want to check on this helpful link: Error 0x80070005 - Microsoft Q&A

If you're still experiencing issues after trying these steps, please let me know.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

[ Xbox App ] My games keep getting corrupted and I keep verifying it just to get the 0x80070005 error

Hello x EJ x,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. CarTzy Win User

5. x EJ x Win User

Yes it was working in the past for like a week Then the game stopped working so i verify and repair the game but it just gave me the 0x80070005 error

Its the first time I used the xbox app for games but I use other apps like steam, ubisoft, battlen.et, and epic games no problems with them tho

Windows 11 version 22H2

There is no run as admin for the xbox app

I just added a exception to avast for the game install folders I uninstall the game so ill need to redownload the game to see if it will do it again or not

I have already wsreset.exe

System has been up to date in windows updates

I have already uninstalled the xbox app and reinstalled it through mirosoft store. Then uninstalled mirosoft store and the xbox app again restarted my pc and redownload the xbox app through the micosoft store after micosoft store updated
  6. Humpe-22A0980D-1305- Win User

Profile keep getting corrupted

So, finaly had time to try this out. Affraid it didnt work out thought :-(

Supose ive got to make time to contact the support, yet again. Soo exausting :p
Thema:

1. [ Xbox App ] My games keep getting corrupted and I keep verifying it just to get the... - Similar Threads - App games keep

2. Do I keep my subscriptions if I do "Reset and keep my games & apps"?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I keep my subscriptions if I do "Reset and keep my games & apps"?: My Xbox has been saying I don't have enough storage space for saved data for Cyberpunk, so I went onto the forums and found that someone asked a question and got an answer for it,...
  3. So does Xbox just not care anymore about game standards, I mean keep putting free app store...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So does Xbox just not care anymore about game standards, I mean keep putting free app store...: How do I get a Refund especially on a digital game (probably is none) but I wish there where...there has to be a standard for Xbox games.... 0d8cc60e-2bad-4171-bab5-65678aa866e0
  4. I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error c0000006 on my computer. It pops up in certain apps and games. How to...: I tried opening a Setup to install some games but I keep getting this external exception error c0000006. Also when I try to activate my windows, the settings just freezes. Any solution on how to...
  5. If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I reset my console while keeping games and apps, will my save progress be deleted?: Hello, Recently I had error E106. Downloaded and tried the offline system update OSU1 but had no luck, instead error E102 came up. I haven't tried to reset the console yet because i'm worried...
  6. I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting we can't save more data for this game or app. What do I do: So I load up fall out 4 and this message come up. But I have more than enough storage and two storage drives. I tried taking out the storage drives but it still says it....
  7. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  8. Xbox one keeps saying can’t save anymore data for this game or app I

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one keeps saying can’t save anymore data for this game or app I: I’ve tried clearing cache and it keeps doing it 60fdc5a0-d069-4d5f-a5e3-6520e43d0320
  9. Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app keeps automatically trying to install games on new pc: Good morning, afternoon, evening, Recently I have moved to a new system, couple of extra spare drives moved over but other than that a fresh setup on windows 11 pro with a new main SSD. Since...
  10. Will Reset and keep my games & apps clear my game save data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Reset and keep my games & apps clear my game save data?: I could not get my Xbox One from 2013 to turn on, so I unplugged the power from the wall and the brick. It came up with a screen that said "Preparing Console", so after it hit 100% I turned it...