Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem.

Discus and support Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was playing the new Forza Motorsport when it crashed. After this crash, no Microsoft games (specifically forza, starfield, minecraft) can be... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jirpet, Oct 13, 2023.

1. jirpet
    jirpet Guest

I was playing the new Forza Motorsport when it crashed. After this crash, no Microsoft games (specifically forza, starfield, minecraft) can be launched, while other games (no man sky, disney, cocoon) can be launched - although even with these games, a window with the 'let's play' button pops up every time they are launched. Forza crashes on loading screen, starfield won't even start and immediately shows error 0x89231806. Every time I start these games, a window with the button 'let's play' always appears.

I already tried to repair/reset/reinstall the xbox app and gaming services and still the same problem. Can someone help?

:)

jirpet, Oct 13, 2023
  2. Alexander Garcia1 Win User

I am having the exact same issue. Error code.
  3. jirpet Win User

You are my hero Mr. Willems! I can confirm that this was the cause of the issue.
  4. jirpet Win User

Currently i am out of home. I will try it tomorrow morning and will come here with the feedback, thx for the advice anyway.

Just small notice - i have played forza for two days, but this issue came suddenly after the first crash...
  5. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hello again Jirpet, I have seen that another person has recommended other steps to follow. I would love to know if this helped you solve the problem or if it still persists.
  6. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Jirpet! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

From what I understand this is a problem with multiplayer games and NAT, so follow these steps to resolve this problem, but first we must check the type of NAT you currently have.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    3. Under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field shows your current NAT type.

To resolve this issue, you need your NAT type to be Open. You should also make sure there are no errors, such as when Incorrect Double NAT or UPnP Detected appears.

To start, check if you have any of the errors shown here:

- NAT Type: Not available (displayed in Current Network Status on the Network screen)
    - Cannot obtain a Teredo IP address (appears after running Test Multiplayer Connection on the Network screen)
    - Error code 0x89231906 (appears when you try to join a group chat session)
    - Double NAT detected (displayed in Current Network Status on the Network screen)

To obtain additional information, you can enter the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-nat-error

Best regards,
    Daniel.
Thema:

1. Xbox app - Microsoft games cannot be started - login problem. - Similar Threads - app Microsoft games

2. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  3. Microsoft phone with a Microsoft phone exclusive android app for downloading Xbox games...

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft phone with a Microsoft phone exclusive android app for downloading Xbox games...: Hi, What if Microsoft considered a Microsoft phone only app that allows for on device downloads of Xbox game titles submitted by /u/DryAd6599 [link] [comments]
  4. Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Ultimate Word Games app update issue: Today, I received an update for the Game. Afterwards the game would not load. I then restored my PC back earlier and then in Microsoft Store app turned off updates. Microsoft you screwed up...
  5. 0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    0x87e0000f error when attempting to install a game pass game from Xbox app or Microsoft Store: Whenever I try to install a game pass game from xbox app or windows store it gets to about 60% before stopping the download with nothing but "error code: 0x87e0000f". I've been looking all day for...
  6. Xbox App, microsoft store and games incredibly slow to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App, microsoft store and games incredibly slow to start: Hi iv been having an issue with my windows 10 pc. I have the xbox app loaded onto my pc to run the gamepass games. About a week ago the xbox app and the microsoft store started taking forever to...
  7. How can I sign in to my microsoft account on the Xbox Cloud gaming app on the Meta Quest 2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I sign in to my microsoft account on the Xbox Cloud gaming app on the Meta Quest 2?: I just installed the new Xbox cloud gaming app on the Meta Quest 2, but after i’ve connected my controller and i try to sign in to my microsoft account it just loads for a few seconds and boots me...
  8. Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and Xbox Game Bar Won’t download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and Xbox Game Bar Won’t download: Hello - I have a brand new PC I bought today and the system won’t download the Microsoft store, Xbox App, or Xbox Game bar. Has a solution been found for this? I am using Windows 11....
  9. Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple problems with the "Microsoft Minesweeper" game app: Hello, I have the app installed through the "Microsoft Store", on Windows 11 (v22H2, OS Build 22621.2428). I've tried to remedy the below by uninstalling / reinstalling, but no change. 1/...
  10. Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Pc Xbox App and Microsoft Store won't launch games: I have tried everything from repairing to resetting the apps, to uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and games and still the games won't launch, specifically Microsoft owned games, like Fallout...