Xbox App Messaging Not Working

Discus and support Xbox App Messaging Not Working in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Forever I have been using my xbox app to message people. It takes 10 seconds opposed to minutes. In the last week, the messages just have not been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by MrSnrub, Jun 6, 2021.

1. MrSnrub
    MrSnrub Guest

Forever I have been using my xbox app to message people. It takes 10 seconds opposed to minutes. In the last week, the messages just have not been working. Half the messages I send dont show up on the app, and when the person I have been messaging finally shows up on the app its days after the fact. Also it only shows the last 5 people i messaged, 5 is the total amount of messages it shows and when i scroll back past the 5th person i messaged, its just a black screen im scrolling through. I have deleted the app and redownloaded it and nothing has worked. Anybody got anything on this. Its on the IPhone if that helps anything.

:)

MrSnrub, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Angelo L. Win User

Hi!

Sign out of the Xbox app, and then sign back in.

If you need help, you don’t need to go very far. Support for specific app issues can be found right in the app under the Profile tab. Select Settings > Support & feedback to get help, along with up-to-the-minute Xbox online status.
  3. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Xbox app message notifications not working

Hello!

Thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention. We will be more than happy to assist you with this issue. We recommend creating a new thread with a detailed description of the issue. Thank you again, and we look forward to hearing from you!
  4. Damariobros Win User

I uninstalled the app and installed the Xbox Beta App instead and it now works. Good luck.
    Tried that. Did not work.
  5. HyperVenom523 Win User

Maybe it is an ios problem on other os it works fine...
  6. talenak Win User

Sorta the same, on Note 9.

But all my settings (in the app and in Android settings for the app and notifications in general) are correct and stay correct. I simply do not get notifications from it.

Even in app the messages will not update unless I manually refresh the messages page or open the conversation with the person I was expecting a message from or know there is one from cause the notice popped up on my TV but I don't want to open the Xbox menus
    and risk timing out of my GTA session. Rockstar is brutal with that minute and a half timer... lol
Thema:

1. Xbox App Messaging Not Working - Similar Threads - App Messaging Working

2. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  3. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  4. Why can’t I sent messages to my friends in the Xbox app, I barely message on there

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I sent messages to my friends in the Xbox app, I barely message on there: Hmmmm …ok well as the question states I don’t message people much and now I can’t send messages on the app..don’t know what else to say? 61fb85e9-7aa6-4b29-b7ae-018e45b6d11b
  5. If I send a message to someone and they don't have the Xbox app will it pop up for them...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I send a message to someone and they don't have the Xbox app will it pop up for them...: So I sent a message to someone that I know on Xbox app but I was just wondering if they don't have the Xbox app will it still pop up to them in some kind of way when they play a game that is...
  6. How to fix voice messages not working on Xbox app and Game Bar?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix voice messages not working on Xbox app and Game Bar?: Whenever my cousin sends me a voice message from his Xbox One, I get notified of it in both the Xbox App and Game Bar. Both recognise it as a voice message but neither allow me to play it. In the...
  7. I have a new laptop and the xbox app doesn't lanch games, no error message or anything.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a new laptop and the xbox app doesn't lanch games, no error message or anything.: I have reinstalled the xbox app the games i'm trying to open. I've reset the apps setting in settings i've checked that my firewall is not blocking it. I've updated my nvidia drivers to most...
  8. Having trouble logging into Xbox on the app, and in-game. WebView2 Runtime framework message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having trouble logging into Xbox on the app, and in-game. WebView2 Runtime framework message.: I recently resetting my computer just yesterday. I went to re-download an app I had previously and that all went fine, I was able to get to the login page on the launcher easily. While doing this,...
  9. Error message 0x90190001 when I try to log into MS Xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error message 0x90190001 when I try to log into MS Xbox app: Hello, Please excuse me if this has been addressed, I was unable to find this specific question being answered. I am attempting to log into the MS Xbox app on windows 11. I select "Use a...
  10. Why do I get the message that the app says is only available in the USA or outplaying...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do I get the message that the app says is only available in the USA or outplaying...: I have used the ESPN app for a long time and now I’m getting the error message that the app only works in the USA. I live within the USA and have changed my settings and location and it won’t...