Xbox App - Medieval Dynasty won`t load Error 0x0000409 at startup

Discus and support Xbox App - Medieval Dynasty won`t load Error 0x0000409 at startup in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have some trouble starting Medieval Dynasty from the Xbox app with Game Pass License. 3 seconds after the Spalsh screen it Crashes with the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Andy360, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Andy360
    Andy360 Guest

Hello,

I have some trouble starting Medieval Dynasty from the Xbox app with Game Pass License. 3 seconds after the Spalsh screen it Crashes with the Error code 0x0000409 see Picture. I never played this game bevore nor did it ever started it.

I am running Windows 11 Pro with this Hardware. Should be enough i guess.

CPU: Ryzen 2700x

Mainboard: B450 Pro

GPU: AMD 5700XT 8GB

16Gb RAM

2x 500 GB SSD

What i did so far:

Updated Windows

Updated Xbox App and Gaming Service

Remove/Reinstall Gaming Service

Updated Game

Repaired the Game

Removed/Reinstalled the Game

Xbox App and Microsoft are logged in with the same account.

Strangely i wasn`t asked this time what Profile i wanted to use for Gaming. And Also it Didn`t installed dependencies (not sure if there are some needed)

If you need some mor information let me know. I have no Idea what i could do.

/edit didn`t thought that installing optional updates are neccessary. But thats the only thing i changed and now it runs.

Xbox App - Medieval Dynasty won`t load Error 0x0000409 at startup [​IMG]

:)

Andy360, Aug 4, 2023
  2. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Hello and welcome to the Xbox community, my name is Fernando and it's a pleasure to help.

I researched this issue and it appears to be caused by a DirectX error. Please follow some of the troubleshooting steps below that may help you:

Uninstall and reinstall the game

1. Uninstall and reinstall the game

2. Restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved

Update your computer

1. Press Win + I to open Settings

2. Select Update & Security

3. Download and install all Windows updates including optional ones

4. If the computer says it is up to date, select Check for updates and View optional updates and download them

Note: DirectX is automatically updated when you update your computer. The current version of DirectX is DirectX 12.

5. Restart your computer and run the game and see if the issue is resolved

Update your graphics card driver through Windows tool

1. Press Win + R to open the Run window.

2. Type devmgmt.msc in the box and press Enter to open Device Manager

3. Select Display Adapters to expand it

4. Right-click on the graphics card driver and select Update Driver

5. In the pop-up window, select Search automatically for updated driver software

6. Download and install any driver updates through the Windows tool

7. Restart your computer and run the game and see if the issue is resolved

Update your graphics card driver via the manufacturer's website

This will depend on your graphics card manufacturer. Please find the manufacturer's website for your graphics card and look for a driver update there. After downloading any driver updates, restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved.

Stop Overcycling Your CPU

1. Restart your computer. When you boot your computer again, enter the BIOS by pressing F2 or the Del key when you see your manufacturer's logo

2. Go to Advanced Chipset Features > CPU Multiplier

3. Select Restore Default Settings and press Enter

4. Hit F10 to save settings and exit BIOS

5. Restart your computer and run the game and see if the issue is resolved

Add a registry key

1. Press Win + S to open Search. Enter registry in the box and click Registry Editor APP from the results

2. Navigate to the following location:

Computer > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > GraphicsDrivers

3. Make sure you've checked the GraphicsDrivers folder. Then right-click on any empty area in the right pane and select New > QWORD (64-bit) to add a new registry key

Note: If you have a 32-bit system, you need to choose New > DWORD (32-bit)

4. Name the new key TdrLevel

5. Double click on TdrLevel and modify some options

Under Value data, set the number to 0

In the Base option, select Hexadecimal

6. Click OK

7. Restart your computer and see if the problem is resolved.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...dynasty/104a38f8-49ed-4b87-a2fb-0a335d58cded.

Hope I helped, see you soon!
  3. andersonpassos Win User

How can Microsoft legally stop you from playing the video games that you purchased?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

The Medieval dynasty game is only for windows and xbox series S/X, if you have one of these devices you can buy it and install it normally.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/medieval...
  4. SanteriTorkkel Win User

How do I fix Forza Horizon 5 constantly syncing data while launching it on PC

My game won´t stop synchronizing data but I get no message saying any error. The game worked perfectly fine last 3 days but now it has been synchronizing for 50 minutes. I tried reinstalling the game, sign out and sign in to Xbox app and updated newest graphics card drivers but nothing works. And if I run it as administrator it starts but crashes on startup menu if I press any button.
  5. OpticRJames Win User

Medieval Dynasty won't load after Xbox GamePass app update for PC.

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Repair the Gaming Services app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Gaming Services, then click Advanced options. Click the repair button, try launching the game again using the Xbox app and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to launch the game again and see if it works.

Solution 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

For reference, you can also try the rest of the steps from this link,

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  6. JosmogGomes Win User

Medieval dynasty inventory bug

i had the same problem, i've solved it this way:

Press esc->Definitions->Graphics->Effects- set to medium
Thema:

1. Xbox App - Medieval Dynasty won`t load Error 0x0000409 at startup - Similar Threads - App Medieval Dynasty

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  4. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  5. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  6. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  7. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  8. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  9. Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD: I just got a xbox series s, I plugged in my 2TB and formatted it like the console told me too, I pick it up on the xbox, I can download onto it, but the xbox app doesn't pick it up. At all. Why?...
  10. (Alpha-Skip Ahead) Search and My Games & Apps not working

in XboX Insiders
    (Alpha-Skip Ahead) Search and My Games & Apps not working: As title states. After the last update on June 20. I'm unable to see anything on My Games & Apps or any search within the store. I just get the nonstop circle. Report has been sent. submitted by...