Xbox app keyboard function not working with xbox one

Discus and support Xbox app keyboard function not working with xbox one in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; As simply as i can put it, my xbox app keyboard popup function is not working when i need to type on my xbox one. I mostly use this to input long... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by SheBambiino, Dec 21, 2019.

1. SheBambiino
    SheBambiino Guest

As simply as i can put it, my xbox app keyboard popup function is not working when i need to type on my xbox one.

I mostly use this to input long admin commands on Ark but lately it hasn’t been working when i need it to.

All of the other buttons function such as home,abyx, etc.

yes im on the same wifi

yes i reinstalled the app

yes i restarted my xbox

yes i restarted my router

yes i reconnected to the wifi

:)

SheBambiino, Dec 21, 2019
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi SheBamniino,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with using the on-screen keyboard for your Xbox One. To troubleshoot this further, you may want to try performing a

Factory Reset
    while keeping games & apps.

Please let us know how this goes.
  3. XBF Chris J Win User

compatibilité [Edit - Translation] - compatibility

Hello there,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. At this time, from what I can find, all keyboards and mouse are supported. Here is our

Keyboard and Mouse Article.

Although, a fancier keyboard and mouse that requires certain drivers for extra buttons/features may not be 100% compatible. However, You would still be able to use the base functions.

Note Xbox supports the use of mouse and keyboard in some games and apps, but it doesn’t work for every game or app. The game or app publisher must enable this feature for their content.

Hope this helps!
  4. XBF Javier R Win User

Soporte de teclado y ratón en state of decay 2 [Edit - Translation] - Keyboard and mouse support in state of decay 2

Hello Fixable,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue in reference to the ability to use keyboard and mouse for the game State of Decay 2 on your Xbox One console.

Within our article that discusses the use of mouse and keyboard on an Xbox One console, the following is mentioned:

Note Xbox supports the use of mouse and keyboard in some games and apps, but it doesn’t work for every game or app. The game or app publisher must enable this feature for their content.

The console is in full support of mouse and keyboard, but some games/apps would need developer approval for this function to coincide with the game itself.

Attempt to bring this to the attention of Undead Labs on their
    official forums for these kinds of topics and or issues.

Best wishes!
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

How to get wifi key to xbox one?

SmartGlass hasn’t been supported in years. The keyboard functionality is now part of the main Xbox app
  6. bowski477 Win User

Compatible Keyboards

Any usb keyboard should function on the Xbox One. Are you trying to play a game using the keyboard/mouse or just for typing?
Thema:

1. Xbox app keyboard function not working with xbox one - Similar Threads - app keyboard function

2. When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?: I'm disabled and I've been thinking that an Xbox Adaptive Controller could help me in basic Windows 11 PC usage. I read an article in October, that an update will allow the controller to be used...
  3. Why is the xbox app keyboard not compatible with warframe in game chatting?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is the xbox app keyboard not compatible with warframe in game chatting?: So pretty much ive used xbox smartglass keyboard to type in game on xbox on games like warframe for example where they have a trade chat and copy and pasting is necessary so youre not spending...
  4. Why did my Xbox Accessories App lose shift-key keyboard key functionality?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Accessories App lose shift-key keyboard key functionality?: My profile still has the keyboard keys mapped as some shift buttons (my paddle is G while not holding the shift button and H when holding it), but now when I go to add a new shift button as a...
  5. Xbox Accessories App PC Keyboard Option Missing

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories App PC Keyboard Option Missing: I am new to the program and joined the Xbox Accessibility Insider League in order to test keyboard mapping to the Elite 2 controller. I followed the instructions but do not see the option to...
  6. Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app: It is June 2023 and still too this date it has been no fix for the ghost keyboard using gamepass mobile in cloud mode. Any game that has custom characterization is pretty much unplayable, if you...
  7. Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app

in XBoX on Windows
    Keyboard doesn't show when using touch controls on the xbox mobile game pass app: Keyboard won't show when you isn't touching controls on the game pass mobile app. One customising certain characters in games the keyboard shows up for a split second then dissapears....
  8. Xbox app freezing when trying to use remote keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app freezing when trying to use remote keyboard: My Xbox app freezes anytime I try to use the remote control keyboard from any iOS device and does not communicate to my Xbox Series X. Also, there are no updates pending on my iOS device or my...
  9. Mouse on keyboard disconnecting while playing games through the xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mouse on keyboard disconnecting while playing games through the xbox app: On any game that I play through the xbox app on windows 11 (i.e., Halo Infinite and Sea of Thieves) my mouse and keyboard will intermittently disconnect. The only way to fix it is by unplugging...
  10. Microsoft edge Devs need to remove the on screen keyboard when using the app with a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft edge Devs need to remove the on screen keyboard when using the app with a...: i use the xbox razer turret and i know users that use a wired keyboard are having the same issues when it comes to trying to get rid of the on screen keyboared when using the appp . i use my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Xbox app keyboard not working

2. xbox app remote control keyboard not working

3. cant use the xbox appto type