Xbox app is frozen on the sign in page on my new MSI Stealth Studio laptop running Windows 11

Discus and support Xbox app is frozen on the sign in page on my new MSI Stealth Studio laptop running Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just received my new laptop and have spent the whole day installing all updates/patches. Upon launching the Xbox app, it comes up with a welcome... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ariel Gollon, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Ariel Gollon
    Ariel Gollon Guest

Xbox app is frozen on the sign in page on my new MSI Stealth Studio laptop running Windows 11

Hi, I just received my new laptop and have spent the whole day installing all updates/patches. Upon launching the Xbox app, it comes up with a welcome page saying the laptop comes with free Game Pass Ultimate subscription and the only option is to claim this however I already have a Game Pass Ultimate subscription hence I quit out of the process which was asking me to supply a payment method. The app is now stuck on that welcome page. I have since reset and repaired both the Microsoft Gaming Service and Xbox App. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the Xbox App but still the same issue.

:)

Ariel Gollon, Aug 17, 2023
  2. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Hello Ariel G,

I'm Nilay and I'll be glad to answer your query today.

Please try the following steps:
    Step 1: Sign out all accounts signed in your PC including the one that you're trying to sign in on your Xbox app.

Step 2: Run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps on your computer by clicking the Run troubleshooter button on this link. This process will check and resolve common issues with the apps on your PC.

Step 3: Click on this link for the steps to perform a clean boot. This process will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

Step 4: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.

Click on Command prompt (Admin).

Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.

Step 5: Uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to update it.

Click Start, and then type Windows Power Shell on the search box.

Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage.

Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download the Xbox App.

Once done, try signing in again your account on your Xbox app and see if the same issue happens.

Reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ext=Step 1: Sign out all,the apps on your PC.

Good Luck
    Regards
  3. Jasawyn Win User

New computer build getting error message trying to play on Game Pass

Hi, nope. Old computer was a laptop running Windows 10. This is a new computer running Windows 11. Fresh install, nothing moved from the laptop to the computer. Just logged in to Microsoft to set up the PC, download office, and then opened the xbox app. Oked all logins from the authenticator on my phone. Tried to install Forza, waited a year and a day, and now receiving that error message.

Does it need to be uninstalled from my laptop?
  4. virgodmonkey Win User

Xbox app stuck on 'Choose a drive' with no options when installing

I have this problem on my Windows 11 gaming laptop.

The menu works as intended after running the powershell script, but game download is halted due to error at 5%.

Reinstalling gaming services after running the powershell script just breaks the menu again.

The app works fine on my Windows 10 work pc. (doesn't meet Windows 11 requirements)
  5. phillip eugene jones Win User

Xbox 360

The reason for that would be the mounting of the XNA command prompt from XNA creators club and XNA game studios app hub for to run a bash in standard Linux for Windows 10 and 11 in Windows subsystem for Linux 2 and Windows subsystem for Android
  6. phillip eugene jones Win User

Xbox 360

The reason for that would be the mounting of the XNA command prompt from XNA creators club and XNA game studios app hub for to run a bash in standard Linux for Windows 10 and 11 in Windows subsystem for Linux 2 and Windows subsystem for Android
Thema:

1. Xbox app is frozen on the sign in page on my new MSI Stealth Studio laptop running Windows 11 - Similar Threads - app frozen sign

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  4. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  5. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  6. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  7. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  8. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  9. My xbox app on windows 11 is frozen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox app on windows 11 is frozen: Hi, I recently updated my windows and ever since then Im unable to click on anything when I open the xbox app. It just gives me the browse catalogue and sign in option but wont actually let me do...
  10. how do i fix my frozen install queue on xbox app for pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i fix my frozen install queue on xbox app for pc?: my installl queue is frozen and dont know what to do as reseting gaming services didnt help 2107a934-f876-481a-b1d6-d9652b2c48f3