Xbox app in pc doesn't work: Gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005. Help please!

Discus and support Xbox app in pc doesn't work: Gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005. Help please! in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I had to reinstall windows 11 and ever since I've had issue with Xbox app. I've reinstalled the app several items. Updated from store etc. But still... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by sivchandra, Jun 24, 2023.

1. sivchandra
    sivchandra Guest

Xbox app in pc doesn't work: Gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005. Help please!

I had to reinstall windows 11 and ever since I've had issue with Xbox app. I've reinstalled the app several items. Updated from store etc. But still having the issue. Please advise

:)

sivchandra, Jun 24, 2023
  2. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

Please try this workaround.

Make sure to update your Windows, Device Drivers, Xbox and gaming services apps:

Windows:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.

On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.

Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.

Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

Xbox and gaming services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  3. JakubFerov Win User

I am unable to install gaming services on my new laptop with windows 11.

I have problem with my Xbox App and Game Services... It still show me error code 0x80080005, but nothing from this does not help me... I have Windows 11 Pro...
  4. Colin Webber1 Win User

Gaming Services failed with error code: 0x80080005

When trying to restart the service "Windows could not start the Gaming Services service on Local Computer. Error 1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service."
  5. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi SonnyshogunNo,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  6. Kimmy_24 Win User

Kindly check if you're still asked to install it here: https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/gaming-....

Please also check if you have any pending updates using this link: Win10:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If there's nothing pending, kindly right-click the Start button on your taskbar, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin). In the Administrator,: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage
Thema:

1. Xbox app in pc doesn't work: Gaming services failed with error code 0x80080005. Help please! - Similar Threads - app doesn't Gaming

2. Xbox App shows me as 'Online' and doesn't show any games I am currently playing outside of...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App shows me as 'Online' and doesn't show any games I am currently playing outside of...: It's worked before for Steam and Ubisoft Connect games, but since the past few updates it just shows me as 'Online' I have the setting ticked to share my activity, and it works fine with all Xbox...
  3. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.: My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller (right stick moves the mouse button and the...
  4. I have a new laptop and the xbox app doesn't lanch games, no error message or anything.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a new laptop and the xbox app doesn't lanch games, no error message or anything.: I have reinstalled the xbox app the games i'm trying to open. I've reset the apps setting in settings i've checked that my firewall is not blocking it. I've updated my nvidia drivers to most...
  5. I factory reset my pc and when i try to install games on the xbox app it doesn't let me the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I factory reset my pc and when i try to install games on the xbox app it doesn't let me the...: I had previously installed games in the download folder, and was able to install games before but now I can't. I've been trying to fix this for almost an hour now....
  6. Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download: My app like I just got dead island 2 I started to download it but is just stuck at saying installing and not moving 8c9ceaed-edeb-40e2-8264-7011d60cfd1b
  7. Xbox app asks me to constantly re-install game services and doesn't detect installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app asks me to constantly re-install game services and doesn't detect installed games: Xbox app keeps constantly re-downloading Game Services and doesn't detect my installed games. I tried eliminating gaming services and the xbox app through commands and reinstalling, as this was...
  8. My Xbox series s connects to my wifi but doesn't load any apps or games although it shows a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s connects to my wifi but doesn't load any apps or games although it shows a...: When I remove my system from the wifi and connect to my hotspot it works just fine, I tried a factory reset on it and still it doesn't work. 03a3e4df-7f8a-456c-87c5-31725cf3dc71
  9. Xbox game pass app party chat not a feature. Clearly it doesn't work. Prove me wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game pass app party chat not a feature. Clearly it doesn't work. Prove me wrong: Xbox game pass app chat not working or never did ab59630e-e78e-4c47-9c2c-b2117ca6cd50
  10. Xbox App Says Gaming Services need installing but this doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Says Gaming Services need installing but this doesn't work: When trying to install CK3 Xbox stopped working. It says that gaming services need to be installed and then when I go to the settings there is a message that says 'There was a problem loading...