Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag

Discus and support Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have recently purchased a new laptop and although signed in on Microsoft with my gamertag etc when I tried to log in to the xbox app and hit sign in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by WARCHILD1975, May 29, 2022.

1. WARCHILD1975
    WARCHILD1975 Guest

I have recently purchased a new laptop and although signed in on Microsoft with my gamertag etc when I tried to log in to the xbox app and hit sign in it signed me in as some random gamertag I don't recongnise. I haven't been hacked it just seems like a generic gamertag I may have been given years ago. I feel like it is a log in issue somewhere but even signing out and back in just leads to the same gamertag being signed in. I cant use it as no games or anything is associated with that gamertag.

Cant access live chat with Microsoft either.

:)

WARCHILD1975, May 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's odd
    Could you try create a new local user on your a PC and then try on that new account to see how it goes?
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today mate

Please try sign out from your Microsoft account everywhere

Then try this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Finally do this:
    Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open. Generally speaking, you can install or update the apps. If not, try other methods.
  4. WARCHILD1975 Win User

Done all that, deleted the Xbox app and then reinstalled it. It has a switch accounts button which when I click it says "Not you, I'll look around but doesn't come up with any other accounts even though Im logged into the right account on Microsoft. |So annoying
  5. SleepyWheat7 Win User

Wrong gamertag for my Microsoft Account...

Hey, I have the same problem. When i sign in using my microsoft account on xbox.com it just shows a completely random gamertag that's not mine. But, i can't sign with my gamertag on my xbox as it asks me for my microsoft account, which is somehow attached
    to some other random tag!
  6. OG Gamer Win User

Old gamertag showing on Xbox app

Hi, for some reason my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app, yet I changed my gamertag ages ago. Is there any reason why my old gamertag is showing on the xbox app rather than my new gamertag?
    Try signing out and then signing back in.
Thema:

1. Xbox app has me signed in as some random gamertag - Similar Threads - app has signed

2. Has anyone come across the issue of the xbox app and xbox social in game bar just refusing...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Has anyone come across the issue of the xbox app and xbox social in game bar just refusing...: I open game bar and go to xbox social, but 10 seconds after opening xbox social I get something went wrong with this widget errors. Also the xbox app does not connect to any parties I try to start...
  3. GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...

in XBoX on Windows
    GamingServicesTcui.exe has stopped working when I sign into Xbox live on the Xbox app. How...: i asked this question but I'm waiting for a response. It's been 4 days. I got nothing Question right here that's waiting for a response:...
  4. Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?: Has the movies and tv app already been shut down? It hasn't launched since November... 98836086-71d6-4bd2-9a38-b26c8a0a4e54
  5. Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X has glitchy/stuttering audio with headphones when on a menu, or in an app...: My Xbox Series X randomly started having glitchy or stuttering audio issues a few months ago, but only on menus, but now i realized that it effects apps as well (like Spotify, YouTube, etc)...
  6. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  7. Disney dreamlight valley gold edition has dissapeared on xbox pc app why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disney dreamlight valley gold edition has dissapeared on xbox pc app why?: A couple days ago i was able to stil find the gold edition now all of a sudden it's gone and i can only buy the basic doesnt show me a rift in time expansion either why? what is going on that it's...
  8. Error 0x80072EFD has popped up everytime I try to sign in on xbox app on my pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80072EFD has popped up everytime I try to sign in on xbox app on my pc: Its been like this for the past month I have no clue how to fix anyone know any fixes? b5514610-9a28-4e14-a4a4-71b475636e6b
  9. Sign in button for the pc app refuses to work, I’ve done everything that google has told me...

in XboX Insiders
    Sign in button for the pc app refuses to work, I’ve done everything that google has told me...: I was told that if I restarted my computer it would be fixed, it wasn’t, then I tried repairing the app and nothing, I used the Xbox companion app and it still didn’t work please help submitted...
  10. The Xbox App on PC won't sign me in, even though It has all of my info.

in XBoX on Windows
    The Xbox App on PC won't sign me in, even though It has all of my info.: I have purchased Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft store on my home desktop. When I booted it up, it would not let me play due to me not being signed into xbox live. I then downloaded the xbox app...