Xbox app games won't download, but same Xbox games on steam downloads just fine

Discus and support Xbox app games won't download, but same Xbox games on steam downloads just fine in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why does the Xbox app not let me download games like Halo on certain harddrives, but on steam it's completely fine downloading the same exact game? Why... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ash Benjamin, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Ash Benjamin
    Ash Benjamin Guest

Why does the Xbox app not let me download games like Halo on certain harddrives, but on steam it's completely fine downloading the same exact game? Why can you just make Xbox stuff work on the PC platform lol, everything else always works fine except Xbox products .

:)

Ash Benjamin, Nov 3, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

I understand that you are experiencing difficulties when trying to download games from the Xbox app to certain hard drives.
    There are several possible reasons why you might be experiencing this problem:

Storage Settings: The Xbox app may have specific requirements for the storage on which games can be downloaded. Verify that the hard drives you are trying to download games to meet the storage requirements set by the Xbox app.

There may also be compatibility issues between the Xbox app and certain hard drives on your PC. Make sure you have the latest drivers and firmware for your hard drives and that they are properly formatted and configured for use in your system.

Servers and Network Connectivity issues or issues on the Xbox app servers may affect your ability to download games. Make sure you have a stable internet connection and check if there are any known issues on the Xbox servers at the time.

Xbox app updates Make sure you have the latest version of the Xbox app installed on your PC. Updates may fix known issues and improve hard drive compatibility.

Best regards.
  3. jthlion482 Win User

Xbox pass for windows/games won't install

I am using the app, and no my connection is not metered. I just downloaded a game from steam to troubleshoot and verify that it was specifically related to xbox/microsoft and it appears that it is. Steam game downloaded just fine.
  4. stewart cox Win User

Flight simulator stuck on download loop 23 parts still to download

no error messages just downloads 1.4gb of the part ie 8% then loops back to 958mb and redownloads to same part

no point in screenshot as its just the normal screen

i have tried starting download from the xbox app and from the ms app still exactly the same thing happens

both are up to date

all othe games are installing fine

including all oculus apps and steam apps
  5. Titaniumrooster Win User

Halo Infinite Cannot Launch

A solution that worked for me is downloading the game through Steam, and the Xbox App. Then launching the game through Steam to verify it launches and closing then closing the game. After that I launched the game through the Xbox app, it worked just fine after that. I have no idea why this worked for me, but it did. A small solution hopefully that works for you and others too.
  6. Crystal007M Win User

Why is the download speed on Xbox PC so slow?

Hi XBF,

Thank you for the tips, I do note that these tips are for a actual Xbox whereas I use PC Xbox App. So definitely no games running. My brother uses actual Xbox in our house and his speeds are fine, over 30 mb/s it only seems to be the PC Xbox app that is slow at downloading (as noted I download games from Steam on same PC and speed is fine). Any recommendations?

Thank you
Thema:

1. Xbox app games won't download, but same Xbox games on steam downloads just fine - Similar Threads - app games won't

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  4. The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D

in XBoX on Windows
    The PC Xbox app won't let me download games to drive D: I tried going into install options and switching the default drive from C to D but it just switches back to C after clicking it. So whenever I download a game and choose drive D the error...
  5. My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox app on PC won't receive neither party invitations nor game invitations.: So I've been having a lot o trouble with my Xbox app on PC. When my friends try to invite me to their party or game I don't receive any notification, nor invitation, to the Xbox app on my PC,...
  6. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...
  7. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  8. I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...: I've been trying to install games on the (D:) drive through the Xbox app but when I try to, it doesn't let me select it and defaults back to the (C:) drive. Does anyone know why it's doing this?...
  9. Won't let me format for games and apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't let me format for games and apps: I have a Seagate game drive for 2 terabytes that is cleaned of everything but it doesn't want to connect to my xbox for formating games and apps it works perfectly fine for media but not the...
  10. "We can't save more data for this game or app" won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    "We can't save more data for this game or app" won't go away: I keep getting this message everytime I open a game on my Xbox Series X I've deleted games and deleted save data but nothing has fixed it 8018d693-54ac-4bd2-9175-3a80a7444e12