Xbox app freezes on Win 10

Discus and support Xbox app freezes on Win 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I open the xbox app to enter the game pass it opens but freezes automatically like in the screenshot, I can minimize it but can't close it until I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Shadow163, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Shadow163
    Shadow163 Guest

When I open the xbox app to enter the game pass it opens but freezes automatically like in the screenshot, I can minimize it but can't close it until I finished the task from the task manager. I tried uninstalling it and installing it again and the problem continuos. It worked like a charm until a couple days ago when it started to do this.
    Xbox app freezes on Win 10 [​IMG]

:)

Shadow163, Aug 16, 2023
  2. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

Try this and see:

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command:

"get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers"

Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en/xb...nstalled/d13fad22-dd72-46f7-bd24-14018e6f8c1d

Kind regards
  3. Shadow163 Win User

Yes, I've close the app and opened it multiple times and tried re installing and it keeps doing the same
  4. Shadow163 Win User

No other apps are opening and windows update is up to date with everything
  5. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

Hi Shadow163,

I'm Anirban and I'll be happy to help you.

Have you tried resetting the app?

Kind regards
  6. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

is any other third party app is also opening with it? And have you seen any pending or optional updates are there in your windows?
Thema:

1. Xbox app freezes on Win 10 - Similar Threads - app freezes Win

2. BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.

in XboX Insiders
    BBC iPlayer app died on me? Started freezing w Whitescreen.: Hi. I am having issues w the BBC iPlayer freezing on a white screen on app start all the sudden. It worked fine till a week ago. 2 or 3 updates ago it started freezing. I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead....
  3. Downloading from Xbox app on PC causing SSD to freeze momentarily

in XBoX on Consoles
    Downloading from Xbox app on PC causing SSD to freeze momentarily: Hello, I'm on PC, Windows 10. I'm downloading Forza Motorsport from the Xbox app on my SSD, and while downloading, my SSD usage suddenly spikes to 100%, with no activity, and it freezes. It stays...
  4. Custom pfp from mobile app isn't an option due to app freezing

in XboX Insiders
    Custom pfp from mobile app isn't an option due to app freezing: Why can't I change my profile picture on the Xbox mobile app without it making the Xbox mobile app freeze for no reason submitted by /u/No-Avocado6642 [link] [comments]
  5. YouTube App Is Randomly Freezing

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube App Is Randomly Freezing: App starts fine but randomly freezes causing me to close the app and start it again. Is this happening for anyone else? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link] [comments]
  6. YouTube app keeps freezing, now I can’t sign back in.

in XboX Insiders
    YouTube app keeps freezing, now I can’t sign back in.: Alpha ring. Series X YouTube app keeps freezing in the menu, so I deleted app and redownloaded, now it won’t allow me to sign in. Is anyone else experiencing this issue, found a fix? submitted by...
  7. YouTube app keeps freezing, going to a black screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    YouTube app keeps freezing, going to a black screen.: YouTube keeps freezing and going to a black screen. Watch one video it does that sometimes I can't watch no video 6e9f3420-63e9-4fe7-898d-d8152daab9ee
  8. Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue: I've had a problem where I'll fire up the Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC and start remote playing with my Xbox, but after a few seconds the video will freeze. However, the audio will continue, and...
  9. BluRay app freezing up with DVD play

in XBoX on Windows
    BluRay app freezing up with DVD play: Hey guys! I have been experiencing issues with the BluRay app as it seems to always freeze at the halfway point with DVDs. Streaming seems to be fine, but DVDs always seem to freeze up. Any...
  10. Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?: For the past couple of days, anytime I rewind/fast forward something, the video will freeze, though the audio will continue, and the menus will move very slowly unless I close and restart the app....