Xbox app for my pc will not work. It opens to the black screen with Xbox logo then closes.

Discus and support Xbox app for my pc will not work. It opens to the black screen with Xbox logo then closes. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried restarting pc, repairing app, resetting app, resetting Microsoft Store app using cmd command I found on another form, and I even have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dustynjohnson, Feb 14, 2024.

1. Xbox app for my pc will not work. It opens to the black screen with Xbox logo then closes.

I have tried restarting pc, repairing app, resetting app, resetting Microsoft Store app using cmd command I found on another form, and I even have uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times both through the store and browser. Nothing has worked and its been like this for at least two days now. I even tried installing an older version from 2/5/24. I'v run out of stuff to try that I'v found online when others have had the same issue.

The only thing it does is opens to the usual black screen with xbox logo then closes itself within a min or two, there is no error code nor a " not responding " issue show at all. In task manager it'll only show up in the background processes nothing shows up in the apps section.

:)

dustynjohnson, Feb 14, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Xbox app for my pc will not work. It opens to the black screen with Xbox logo then closes.

Hello, dustynjohnson. I’m Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I understand you're having trouble launching the Xbox app.

Not only that, but, I would like to suggest these potential solutions. Please try each one and share your comments if needed.

A. Run the Gaming Services repair tool and then try again.

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool > Please expand the field that says “Downloadable version”.

B. Perform a clean boot in your PC, once restarted, test the app again.

You can follow the steps for the clean boot process, by clicking here:

https://support.microsoft.com/topic...-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd

C. Search “Services” by using the Windows search functionality and look for the following services:

IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service
    Gaming Services

For each service: Right-click on the service > Properties.
    In Startup Type, set the service to Automatic.

If the service isn’t started, click Start > Apply > OK to save changes, restart your PC and try again.

Note: In case GamingServices can't be modified, skip that one.

I'll remain attentive to your feedback.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. Zenxcity Win User

Xbox related apps are broken

I'm and I'm here to help you.

Im more then happy to help you.

Im sorry that your experiencing problems with the xbox apps

There are a few problems with the xbox app at the moment.

I can’t do anything because im not an employee

Kind Regards

The “Xbox” app on my PC, and “Game Bar” will not work. I tried a bunch of different solutions, I even reset my pc and upgraded from windows 10 > windows 11, but nothing is working. When I open the “Xbox” app it just pops up for a second (black screen with white xbox logo in the middle) then it closes, and “Game Bar” wont open at all. Can someone please help?

(Windows 11 Home 23H2)
  4. LastQuestion Win User

Windows 10 Xbox App loads black screen, then closes

Hi YanYann,

The only drives that have bitlocker encryption are external drives I periodically plug in to backup.

I unplugged the external HDD I had plugged in that uses bitlocker.
    Logged onto XboxAppTest profile.
    error code gone. presented with popup:
    "Gaming Services Required"
    "Install Gaming Services"
    downloaded services. Get UAC prompt to enter adminstrator acc password. Enter password.
    "There has been an error, see details".
    details:
    "Something Unexpected Happened"
    "Code: 0x80073D25"
    Go back to main adminstrator account, fully sign out.
    sign back into XboxAppText acc.
    Gaming Services installs fine.
    "Launching the Xbox App"
    "Updating 100%"
    Pulsating Xbox logo and black screen.
    No change after 5 minutes.
    Close program, restart.
    launches to Black screen with static Xbox logo, and then closes.
    Reboot PC. Log into XboxAppTest profile, Try to start Xbox app, launches to black screen with static logo, then closes.
  5. Flamingbeast15 Win User

Game Pass Redirecting Me To Gaming Services

Tried all of those and nothing worked. Something I noticed is that the Xbox App & Microsoft Store is quite buggy. I will try to open up the Xbox App sometimes and it will just leave me there on a black screen with the Xbox logo and I can't even close out of it (I have to manually go to task manager just to close out of it). I don't have any other way around this. Only last thing I can think of doing is to just reinstall Windows. I won't lose any data or have to reinstall anything from the reinstallation, but if you have any other ideas, let me know.
  6. wahlbang 07 Win User

Smartglass on Windows 8.1 pc will not find/connect to Xbox One

My Xbox One SmartGlass app won't even start on my PC(Windows 8.1). It show the startup screen with the logo on, and paaaw the app shuts down. Any suggestions?
Thema:

1. Xbox app for my pc will not work. It opens to the black screen with Xbox logo then closes. - Similar Threads - app opens black

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  4. Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App on Windows 10 doesn't open anymore: Since a few weeks I face some difficult problems with the Xbox App on my computer. I receive a permanent loading screen when I start the app and it never changes a bit, even if I let it run for...
  5. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  6. I cant open the xbox app. Error 0x80070422

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant open the xbox app. Error 0x80070422: There are no error message but only a code. It's 0x80070422. Tried updating windows, reinstalling xbox app, and restarting. Nothing works. I'm in windows 10. This error message only pops up each...
  7. PC xbox app opens then closes right away

in XBoX on Windows
    PC xbox app opens then closes right away: I've tried repairing and resetting Xbox app, uninstalling gaming services and reinstalling it, updating Xbox app in the Microsoft store. I pretty much tried everything i found online except...
  8. my computer won't open the xbox app, it keeps waiting at the black screen .

in XboX Insiders
    my computer won't open the xbox app, it keeps waiting at the black screen .: I don't use the xbox app it gives a black screen problem I can't play games on my computer. I've tried all sorts of things, like deleting, installing, updating Can anyone help me? submitted by...
  9. Xbox app on PC opens but remains stuck on black loading screen

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app on PC opens but remains stuck on black loading screen: Anytime I open the xbox app on pc to access game pass or such I’m met with a black loading screen with an xbox logo. It’s been like this for probably a year now and it’s quite annoying. If anyone...
  10. My Xbox app on PC Windows 10 opens into a black screen with a white pulsing Xbox logo, the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox app on PC Windows 10 opens into a black screen with a white pulsing Xbox logo, the...: My Xbox app opens into a black screen with a white Xbox logo loading screen. I have left it loading for hours and it doesn't open. The app used to work fine, until this happened. I cannot access...