XBOX App for IPhone - Issues connecting to Party Chat

Discus and support XBOX App for IPhone - Issues connecting to Party Chat in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hey Everyone, I first want to say I really think the Xbox APP is amazing allowing you to communicate in parties directly from your smartphone. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by ticklemyelbow, Aug 17, 2018.

1. XBOX App for IPhone - Issues connecting to Party Chat

Hey Everyone,

I first want to say I really think the Xbox APP is amazing allowing you to communicate in parties directly from your smartphone. I've been using the App to communicate in-game because my cat decided to chew through my Astro headset wires. While I await for
    my replacement wires to arrive, i've noticed that I'm unable to join certain parties, especially from the "Looking for Group" feature.

I am unable to send party requests, or join party requests from others. I have no issues sending a party invite when I'm not the host. I've received a notification when trying to join a party invite from someone stating that I'm "unable to join party."
    This sucks because it seems I cant play with anyone who is not on my friends list.

I'm not sure if this a bug or not, but I figured i'd bring it up.

:)

ticklemyelbow, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Beta Version of the iOS Xbox App Accepting Users

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to take part in the experience of the Xbox app

These are some issues/features that would go great along with party chat on iPhone
    1. A way to switch between audio chat from iPhone and Xbox mic

I started a party chat on the Xbox app but then wanted to use switch to my headset on my Xbox, I had to leave the party chat and join again on the xbox

2. Possibly game audio on iPhone from the Xbox app

The Reason imm sending feedback here is because its not working with the testflight app on ios

jovanihrnndz774, Aug 17, 2018
  3. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    April Update Available for everyone, but missing two features

If someone is having trouble connecting to a party for some random reason, the party chat will automatically switch over to a dedicated server so that everyone can connect without issue.

bloosuga, Aug 17, 2018
  4. XBOX App for IPhone - Issues connecting to Party Chat

That sounds like it might be an account Security Setting. You can review those options on your console or Xbox.com and the steps on this page will direct you to them: Xbox One online safety and privacy settings

Take a look through those, as those are the most likely culprit for what you're experiencing. I can't tell you what to set your Security settings to, as it should be what you're comfortable with sharing, but it should be evident which ones are preventing
    you from connecting with people not on your friends list. There are a number of options, but if you take your time to go through them, you can get it set how you want!

Best of luck! Let us know if that isn't the issue, or you have further questions about them.

PalmettoBling, Aug 18, 2018
  5. Thanks for the advice!

I updated my settings per the instructions, and im still receiving the error notification stating "Something went wrong. Try again later. (error code: 100)

ticklemyelbow, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

XBOX App for IPhone - Issues connecting to Party Chat