Xbox app doesn’t show all my captures

Discus and support Xbox app doesn’t show all my captures in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So with the new change where captures are being deleted, I’m panicking. My Xbox one drive won’t upload any of my clips, I keep getting an error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TJRingling, Oct 11, 2023.

1. TJRingling
    TJRingling Guest

So with the new change where captures are being deleted, I’m panicking. My Xbox one drive won’t upload any of my clips, I keep getting an error message, and my Xbox app only shows clips up to 3 years ago, when my Xbox shows ones from 6 years ago. All of the missing clips are uploaded to the Xbox network so I don’t even know what to do.

:)

TJRingling, Oct 11, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hi TJRingling,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox app and Xbox One drive. I'll do my best to help you out.

Firstly, let's address the issue with your Xbox app not showing all your captures. This could be due to a few reasons, such as the captures not being uploaded to your Xbox Live account or the app not syncing properly. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check your Xbox Live account to ensure that your captures have been uploaded. You can do this by logging into your account on the Xbox website and checking your captures there.

2. Make sure that your Xbox app is up to date. You can do this by going to the Microsoft Store and checking for updates.

3. Try signing out of your Xbox app and then signing back in. This can sometimes help with syncing issues.

4. If none of the above steps work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Xbox app.

Now, let's move on to the issue with your Xbox One drive not uploading any of your clips and giving you an error message. This could be due to a few reasons, such as a poor internet connection or a problem with your Xbox One console. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check your internet connection to ensure that it's stable and strong enough to upload your clips. You can do this by running a speed test on your internet connection.

2. Make sure that your Xbox One console is up to date. You can do this by going to the settings menu on your console and checking for updates.

3. Try clearing the cache on your Xbox One console. You can do this by holding down the power button on your console for 10 seconds until it turns off, unplugging the power cord, waiting for 30 seconds, and then plugging the power cord back in and turning on your console.

4. If none of the above steps work, try resetting your Xbox One console to its factory settings. This will erase all data on your console, so make sure to back up any important data before doing this.

You may check this support article that might help you with your concern: Manage your game clips and screenshots | Xbox Support

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Hello TJRingling,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

4. TJRingling Win User

I tried to find where “my captures” are on the Xbox website, but I am unable to see them anywhere.

On my Xbox all my captures are listed as being on Xbox live, and some website not associated with Microsoft was able to pull them up (but the saving process is annoying so I’d prefer to save off my Xbox app.)

I’ve restarted my Xbox countless times, changed internet, tested connection, all of that, and I don’t want to do a soft rest because I’m guessing I’d have to sign back into all my accounts (my family’s accounts own a lot of games I play, and all that) and I’d probably have to sign back into my apps? I want to try to find a solution other than soft resetting, but if that’s the only way I’ll do it. Right now I just ask where on the Xbox website am I supposed to go to see my captures?
  5. RichieB_ Win User

Hi TJRingling,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please check your OneDrive storage make sure it has enough space to save some capture.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Amanda G1 Win User

Only some captures showing up in Xbox App

I tried logging in on my macbook but it looks like I need the xbox app to view and manage my captures, but there doesn’t appear to be a download available for mac devices.
Thema:

1. Xbox app doesn’t show all my captures - Similar Threads - app doesn’t show

2. Xbox app says I need to update game bar, doesn’t work.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app says I need to update game bar, doesn’t work.: As the title says, when I try updating the game bar as the Xbox App is saying, I try and there isn’t even an update available. Yes, I tried updating it through the Microsoft Store, it’s up to...
  3. The ox Xbox app doesn’t show a pop up when I wanna log in

in XBoX on Windows
    The ox Xbox app doesn’t show a pop up when I wanna log in: So I’ve just had a brand new pc and when opening the Xbox app on it pressed the upper left corner and selected log in. A pop up with “join the Xbox community” showed up with a green button saying...
  4. My xbox app on pc doesn’t work and my game services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox app on pc doesn’t work and my game services: hello i have a problem with my xbox app on my pc it doesn’t work i can’t see my games and when i want to install any game it tell me i need to install game services that i already have i try...
  5. Series X doesn’t launch games or apps, doesn’t download anything.

in XboX Insiders
    Series X doesn’t launch games or apps, doesn’t download anything.: My series x almost 2 weeks ago decided that it was going to stop downloading anything and to stop launching any games or apps. Basically anything relating to the network doesn’t work. Since then...
  6. Xbox app and Microsoft store now downloading anything and xbox app doesn’t show that xbox...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app and Microsoft store now downloading anything and xbox app doesn’t show that xbox...: Basically I tried searching up Crusaders Kings III on the xbox app and it was working great then it wouldn’t download and crashed and I had to uninstall it 100 times and now my Microsoft store...
  7. Xbox app on pc doesn’t show what game I’m playing or unlock achievements

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app on pc doesn’t show what game I’m playing or unlock achievements: I use the Xbox app on my pc but it never shows my friends what I’m playing, simply states “online” plus I don’t unlock any achievements. Been playing Outlast 2 but haven’t got a single...
  8. Gamepass app on iOS doesn’t show game icons at top home page.

in XboX Insiders
    Gamepass app on iOS doesn’t show game icons at top home page.: [IMG] submitted by /u/SillyMikey [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox mobile app doesn’t accurately show whether console is on or not

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox mobile app doesn’t accurately show whether console is on or not: On my xbox mobile app, after the update. The app always tells me that the console is on, even when it is off. As well as, when I turn on the xbox from the mobile app, I can’t turn it off with the...
  10. Inside content doesn’t show up in the insider app on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Inside content doesn’t show up in the insider app on xbox: I recently signed up for the sea of thieves insider program and I was then told I should find it in the insider content page on the insider hub. I do not find anything other than Minecraft and...