Xbox app doesn't download in the folder i want it too and wont open!

Discus and support Xbox app doesn't download in the folder i want it too and wont open! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently got the Xbox Game Pass PC and downloaded Superliminal but when i tried to open it, it said that Windows could not access it and it shows... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SimplyLemon, Apr 23, 2022.

1. SimplyLemon
    SimplyLemon Guest

I recently got the Xbox Game Pass PC and downloaded Superliminal but when i tried to open it, it said that Windows could not access it and it shows that it downloaded in "WindowsApps" file. I already changed the owner of the folder, added Full control for Users and administrator, but it still wouldn't work.

Any solutions for this problem?

*** Moved from windows ***

:)

SimplyLemon, Apr 23, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi SimplyLemon,

Greetings! Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

To answer your question, Xbox Insider has access to a feature that allows you to choose where you want to save the game. This news can be found at Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App for Windows - Xbox Wire.

If you want to join Xbox Insider, first make sure your Xbox apps (including Gaming Services) are up to date, then follow the instructions below:

1. Install and launch Xbox Insider Hub app on PC.
    2. Navigate to Previews > Windows Gaming and select Join.
    3. Wait for the registration to complete and check the Microsoft Store for updates to the Xbox and Gaming Services apps.
    4. (You may try to restart PC.) Launch the Xbox app on PC.
    5. Select your Gamerpic at the top, then select Settings.
    6. Select General, then go to Game install options and select Use advanced installation and management features.
    Xbox Insider Communities for sending of feedback and ideas (Xbox Insiders):

Xbox Insider Blog

Xbox Insider Subreddit

@XboxInsiders Twitter

Xbox Idea Hub

If you do not want to be a part of Xbox Insider, there will be games that will not allow you to downloaded on different folder or drive.

Please feel free to create a new thread if you have further concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Farscape247 Win User

some game still only install to the windowsapp folder, this is encrypted, now you have took ownership and changed permissions has broken the encryption.
  4. colingibson.m Win User

Cannot Pinpoint or locate Location Of Xbox App In file directory.

I use rainmeter too. If this is for Gameview 2 I use a quick work around that doesn't require locating the actual app .exe file.

Whatever app you want to launch, just create a desktop alias. This creates a .lnk shortcut. If you don't want the desktop shortcut on your desktop, move the .lnk file into another folder. I created a folder in my Rainmeter folder called App Links.

For launching the app, just point to the .lnk file:

B:\Rainmeter\Skins\Gameview 2\App Links\Xbox.lnk

Hope this helps.
  5. Mister Parks Win User

XBOX Music Download Error on W8 PC

Hello BIONIC79,

Sorry for the delay in getting a response to you.

For music that was purchased through the Xbox Music app, in Windows Explorer open the Music folder, there should be an Xbox Music folder there.

For music that was downloaded with your Xbox Music Pass, in the same Music folder, look for a folder labeled Subscription. You'll find the downloaded files there.

Hope this help you out.
  6. Ideoh1 Win User

Xbox 360 apps not working

OK. Some good news. I did what you suggested by going to the Download History and downloading again. When I did it added the app to the My Apps folder and I was able to open and use the apps (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.) from the My Apps folder but the app
    icon in the apps dashboard still gives the error code.

Thanks
Thema:

1. Xbox app doesn't download in the folder i want it too and wont open! - Similar Threads - app doesn't download

2. Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download: My app like I just got dead island 2 I started to download it but is just stuck at saying installing and not moving 8c9ceaed-edeb-40e2-8264-7011d60cfd1b
  3. Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox suddenly doesn't download, open apps and is very slow: So ive tried hard reset and even did a factory reset last night, I was able to download one game from that but this morning it's exactly back to how it was... All downloads just sit in queue and...
  4. Xbox app doesn't continue download my game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app doesn't continue download my game: I have paused download my game on Xbox app for PC ( Window 11). But when I click continue to download it again it won't start and it's keep running the line ( checking for update). Please help me...
  5. When ever I try to download sea of thieves on my Xbox app it doesn't load. I have scoured...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When ever I try to download sea of thieves on my Xbox app it doesn't load. I have scoured...: It was working up until I upgraded to ultimate which was about 2 weeks ago now I am on windows 11 It also always gets stored in my Windowsapps folder I don't know if that might have something to...
  6. How come the Xbox App on PC just doesn't work? and why can't I download games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How come the Xbox App on PC just doesn't work? and why can't I download games?: Its been damn to many years for this App to still be in its "Beta" form. Microsoft claims that you will be able to download and play most titles from its Xbox lineup of games, but in reality once...
  7. Xbox App doesn't let me download and play the Halo Infinite Campaign

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App doesn't let me download and play the Halo Infinite Campaign: It still says 'Pre-Install' instead of just 'install' and when I click it, only the Multiplayer is getting downloaded. What do I have to do to get it working? 058988f2-82e8-498e-be65-2a6dcc86d96f
  8. Dam Microsoft app doesn't want to download on my HDD , my HDD is as fast as my SSD PLS HELP

in XboX Insiders
    Dam Microsoft app doesn't want to download on my HDD , my HDD is as fast as my SSD PLS HELP: So I'm trying to instal Forza 5 but my SSD doesn't have enough space so I'm trying to do it on my HDD that has 1.8 TB left but Microsoft store is too stubborn to do it, Xbox app too submitted by...
  9. Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC App Recognizes External Drive But Doesn't Let Games To Download On It: In Xbox PC App's settings I can see both my drives. [img] However when I want to download games, the E drive only appears in some games, only a few actually. Here are examples from Forza...
  10. Xbox app doesn't download games.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app doesn't download games.: Hey there, I'm trying to download Age of Empires IV (usting the gamepass), Pre-load Forza horizon 5 Ultimate Edition (bought) and Destiny 2 (which is Free) Unfortunately It's stuck on...