Xbox App does not retain user-selected installation location preference

Discus and support Xbox App does not retain user-selected installation location preference in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, This question has been askled by various users in various ways over the last couple of years, but all I can see are workarounds and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rich Forbes, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Rich Forbes
    Rich Forbes Guest

Dear Microsoft,

This question has been askled by various users in various ways over the last couple of years, but all I can see are workarounds and registry edits to resolve.
    The issue is that the Xbox app by default wants to install games in a directory on the OS drive (C:\XBoxGames).
    I can change the "default" directory to K:\XboxGames, which is a faster drive with more capacity. I can successfully download and play gamnes installed to this drive, yet when I reboot the computer, the next time I try and install, it reverts to install to the OS disk again.

Xbox App does not retain user-selected installation location preference [​IMG]

This may or may not be related

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-app-doesnt-remember-default-install-location/969ae049-8ab4-446b-856a-fe94a225f9cb?page=1

:)

Rich Forbes, Sep 12, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: