Xbox app does not let me sign in (Windows 11)

Discus and support Xbox app does not let me sign in (Windows 11) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I signed up for Game Pass again, hoping the problem solved itself in the last few months, but it looks like I threw another £8 out of the window for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kim Anisi, Aug 21, 2023.

1. Kim Anisi
    Kim Anisi Guest

I signed up for Game Pass again, hoping the problem solved itself in the last few months, but it looks like I threw another £8 out of the window for nothing. The app does not let me sign in. The sign-in button just briefly disappears, the app flickers, and nothing happens.

I tried all the solutions I found here already (all the xbox services, the IP helper and gaming services are all on automatic), the folder where you're supposed to delete cache doesn't even exist on my computer, so that's not helping.

I cannot remove my account. Windows doesn't even give me the option because I only have this one Microsoft account.

I read through the various posts here who had the same issue, tried all the solutions - but nothing worked, which is odd because when I first used the app half a year ago, it worked for a day. Then it just stopped even though I changed nothing on my computer that day.

Help would be appreciated.

:)

Kim Anisi, Aug 21, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Good to know that it is working now and thank you for sharing the method you perform to fix issue. This will be helpful with the rest of the community member who may encounter this type of issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.
  3. Kim Anisi Win User

I solved my problem with a fresh install of Windows. Nothing else helped, which is really weird because the app worked one day and then just stopped working. I hope it won't happen again!
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Kim Anisi,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you're having trouble signing in to the Xbox app on Windows 11. Here are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure that you have a stable internet connection and that your network is not blocking the Xbox app.

2. Clear the cache: Even though you mentioned that the folder where you're supposed to delete cache doesn't exist on your computer, you can still try clearing the cache by following these steps:

- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.

- Type %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.XboxApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache and press Enter.

- Delete all the files and folders in the LocalCache folder.

3. Reset the Xbox app: You can try resetting the Xbox app by following these steps:

- Open the Settings app.

- Go to Apps > Apps & features.

- Find the Xbox app and click on it.

- Click on Advanced options.

- Scroll down and click on Reset.

4. Check for updates: Make sure that your Windows 11 and Xbox app are up to date. You can check for updates by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

5. Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    3. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    4. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    5. Restart your device and try to install the game again.
    See: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. Ecko-6B2570FA-4302-4 Win User

xbox app on windows 10 does not let me sign in

6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox app on windows 10 does not let me sign in

In this case the best option is use the recently created user.

You can sign in with your account there and if I recall correctly , when you install an app available in the other account, you don't need to redownload it again.

Once you transfer your files to the other user you can delete the corrupted
Thema:

1. Xbox app does not let me sign in (Windows 11) - Similar Threads - app does let

2. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  3. Does the IGN App for Xbox One still work or not?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the IGN App for Xbox One still work or not?: A long time ago, when I launched IGN for Xbox, I got an error saying that the requested content is not available. Does anyone know what is going on? 38bef87a-15fc-4fd3-8490-bacd4d4128c2
  4. Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say im suspended on the xbox app when im not: Anyone knows why its kinda strange cause i checked my enforcement history and i have no bans for suspensions c2ec7c2f-ab27-490f-8465-8968e521376e
  5. So does Xbox just not care anymore about game standards, I mean keep putting free app store...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So does Xbox just not care anymore about game standards, I mean keep putting free app store...: How do I get a Refund especially on a digital game (probably is none) but I wish there where...there has to be a standard for Xbox games.... 0d8cc60e-2bad-4171-bab5-65678aa866e0
  6. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  7. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  8. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  9. Xbox app does not let me click anything [WIN 11]

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app does not let me click anything [WIN 11]: When I launch the Xbox I see the main screen but I can't click anything. I see a message that says that the app require update, but again I can't click anything. What I tried: - Restart PC -...
  10. why does my xbox not have the same gamer tag as my xbox app? it will not let me connect my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my xbox not have the same gamer tag as my xbox app? it will not let me connect my xbox: why does my xbox not have the same gamer tag as my xbox app? it will not let me connect my xbox 794d0c38-9dfb-430f-9d59-8aed0d78f4c2