XBOX App, created an install folder with a SPACE in it, can't install games to it NOR can I...

Discus and support XBOX App, created an install folder with a SPACE in it, can't install games to it NOR can I... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I got a new 2TB drive, I created an install directory on it using the Xbox App when installing a game and it let me create the folder "XBOX GAMES"... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by alexander937, May 2, 2023.

1. alexander937
    alexander937 Guest

XBOX App, created an install folder with a SPACE in it, can't install games to it NOR can I...

I got a new 2TB drive, I created an install directory on it using the Xbox App when installing a game and it let me create the folder "XBOX GAMES" (ignore the quotes, but notice the SPACE). None of the games would install on this directory, so I figured it was the space, stupid me, so I tried to change it, but Xbox App will NOT recognize the folder, I can see the drive, but can't switch to it and then change the folder. So I have a huge 2TB drive just going to waste. Please help me purge and restart with this drive. I have tried everything, YES, looked all over the forums and web. Nothing.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

XBOX App, created an install folder with a SPACE in it, can't install games to it NOR can I... [​IMG]

XBOX App, created an install folder with a SPACE in it, can't install games to it NOR can I... [​IMG]

:)

alexander937, May 2, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

XBOX App, created an install folder with a SPACE in it, can't install games to it NOR can I remove or change it, please HELP!!!

3. andersonpassos Win User

XBOX App, created an install folder with a SPACE in it, can't install games to it NOR can I remove or change it, please HELP!!!

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good afternoon

you can try accessing the drive and folder from the Command Prompt. To do this, open the Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + R and typing "cmd" in the Run dialog box. Then, navigate to the drive containing the folder by typing the drive letter followed by a colon (e.g. "D:") and pressing Enter.

Once you're in the correct drive, type "cd XBOX GAMES" (without the quotes) to navigate to the folder. Then, type "rename "XBOX GAMES" XboxGames" (without the quotes) to rename the folder without the space.

If neither of these methods work, you may need to reformat the entire drive and start over.
  4. Buffalmacco88 Win User

Problem recovering my installed game

so u are telling me that i can't clone an HD with Xbox pass game on it? Because i really can't do nothing anymore with my xbox app, i can't install game on that HD nor delete the old one. The only solution that i've found is to force access on that folder
    and manually delete the game, hoping that, then, windows can recognize that folder as empty and allow me to install over there.

Maybe that's a problem Windows need to solve :)
  5. Farscape247 Win User

DIRT 5 not letting me play.

most if not all windows/xbox app games install to windowsapp folder, this is encrypted, if you took ownership or messed with the files then you have broken the encryption and will need to delete the folders and redownload the game. you can't just move windows games into different folders, you can move them to another drive via the apps and programs menu but they have to reside in the windows app folder that is created by the system.
  6. HeisenbergK3 Win User

Game pass for PC save location

Also in this directory / F:\WindowsApps / Im seeing 2 folders of the same size, totalling 100gbs, the game install was 54gbs or so, did the xbox app store 2 installs of this game in this folder? If so why? It's eating lots of storage space.
Thema:

1. XBOX App, created an install folder with a SPACE in it, can't install games to it NOR can I... - Similar Threads - App created install

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  4. Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won’t my Xbox app let me join or create a party anymore?: So I’ve only recently been having issues with the Xbox app where I cannot join or create a party every time I try it just removes me almost instantly even if it’s my own. Never had this problem...
  5. Why Xbox app creates 3 foulders Xboxgames, program files and windowsapp?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Xbox app creates 3 foulders Xboxgames, program files and windowsapp?: Why does it keep creating these foulders? What is the reason for not being allowed to select the disk and install in a custom foulders that i want? what kind of level of incompetence is this? and...
  6. Microsoft and Bethesda should create a "character creator AI app" that could use our photos...

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft and Bethesda should create a "character creator AI app" that could use our photos...: so many people try to create themselves or someone they know as their characters in Bethesda Game Studios games. With Microsoft investment in AI, Bethesda and Microsoft should team up to work on...
  7. When adding the family app and start to create profiles, can the old multiplayer profileds...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When adding the family app and start to create profiles, can the old multiplayer profileds...: I have three boys that have been playing on our Xbox One for a while now and they are always arguing about screen time so I thought the Xbox Family app would help with that. One question I have...
  8. My daughter can't create or join group chats with her friends on the Xbox App.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My daughter can't create or join group chats with her friends on the Xbox App.: Hello, My daughter has started using her own Xbox profile (rather than mine) and she wants to join some of group chats she was part of on my account. However she can't. I've been through all the...
  9. folders created on my drive because of xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    folders created on my drive because of xbox app: Hi, Currently, I'm having a problem with the Xbox app as it appears to create additional folders on the drive which I select to install my games on. It will mess up all my folder structure. I...
  10. Why can't I start or create parties on Xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I start or create parties on Xbox app?: For some reason I can't create or join parties on Xbox app. 13245808-1897-42fc-bb2e-82d4e0be7425