Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10)

Discus and support Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Suddenly out of no where the xbox app wouldn't open but just close instantly. I tried restarting pc and repairing and restarting xbox app or even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Gaben345, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Gaben345
    Gaben345 Guest

Suddenly out of no where the xbox app wouldn't open but just close instantly.

I tried restarting pc and repairing and restarting xbox app or even reinstalling it.

I even tried reinstalling gaming services and nothing changed.

:)

Gaben345, Apr 26, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Gaben345. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Based on the information you provided, I would like to suggest the following potential solutions. Please try opening the Xbox app after performing each one.

Method 1. Remove the most recent Windows updates. Make sure to disable automatic updates before doing this procedure.
    https://support.microsoft.com/windo...s-update-c77b8f9b-e4dc-4e9f-a803-fdec12e59fb0

Method 2. Run the gaming services repair tool.
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool > Please expand the field that says
    “Downloadable version” and run it once you have the file on your PC.
    Once you run it, the tool can take a while to finish. So, make sure to not close the window during the process.

Method 3. Right-click on the Windows button and select PowerShell (run as an administrator).
    Then, run the following command: (You may want to copy and paste the entire command)

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}.

This command can take a while to end, but when the process ends, you should be able to type in the PowerShell window.
    After that, please restart your computer.

Method 4. Create a new user on your PC and test if you have the same outcome.
    https://support.microsoft.com/windo...-windows-20de74e0-ac7f-3502-a866-32915af2a34d

Method 5. Run the SFC tool on your PC. This tool may help you find and repair potential corruptions.

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. addictgaming360 Win User

xbox app closes immediately after launching it

While testing the beta xbox app and xbox app windows 10 store. It still does it with my gamertag. However not in full screen, the app does not crash. When I was playing around with "all" see first. Seems "clubs first app closes", "friends first app closes",
    "followers app closes" but recent players it does not. That's how I believe.

Does not work. signing in to windows with another account.

does not work, settings, apps and features then xbox app advance resetting it.

does not work, going to powershell removing xbox app get-appxpackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | remove-appxpackage

microsoft help might suggest in doing a clean boot or something.

Nothing to do with the notification within the xbox app. It is the gamertag. I should know I have a dummy gamertag now I have clicked on friends and other see first. No app closes out.

What I think it is causing the app crash on keith03820 is the see first. Because once that loads it would crash in couple seconds but if I place see first to recent players. But on my dummy account I have no issues at all.
  4. Mister Getafix Win User

Age of Empires DE Multiplayer crashes unexpectedly during game

Greetings and sorry to hear about the game crashes!

When encountering crashes on a Windows 10 device we recommend going through the

Windows 10 crash guide
    and following every step listed.

Be sure to double check that all your Laptops drivers are up to date and not on a beta version.

Then reset the game and your Xbox app with the following steps:

1. Open the settings app.
    2. Navigate to System/apps.
    3. In the system sub-menu, navigate to Apps and Features
    4. Search for the app in question.
    5. After selecting the app, select advanced options.
    6. Tap reset.
    7. You may now re-open the app once more

Post back and let us know how that all goes!

5. Catherine Cus. Win User

Xbox App WIndows 10 closing

Hi,

One possible reason as to why you're encountering this issue is due to outdated device drivers. By keeping your device up-to-date, you'll ensure that you're always running the latest software or hardware drivers, as we frequently fix known issues. Refer
    to Update drivers in Windows 10 for the steps.

We also suggest running the Windows apps troubleshooter provided on this
    link
    . This can help resolve issues with built-in Windows 10 apps.

Another solution we recommend is to change your computer's power options. This can help us determine if this is due to the power options configuration. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start then Settings.
    2. In the Find a setting search box, type Control Panel.
    3. Select Control Panel then choose System and Security.
    4. Select Power Options.
    5. Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    6. In the Put the computer to sleep select Never.
    7. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.

Let us know how it goes after performing the aforementioned solutions.
  6. MS Win8 Games Win User

Microsoft Mahjong, Solitaire Collection & Minesweeper not working

Are you guys running this on Windows Phone, Windows tablet, PC, or..? When you say it crashes, does the app just close or is it still running in the background or...?
Thema:

1. Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10) - Similar Threads - App crashing closing

2. Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install: I was using windows 10 (1903) edition on my core i5 6th gen machine. I bought and installed Microsoft Flight simulator from the store and it worked fine. I upgraded my PC hardware to intel core...
  3. PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly

in XboX Insiders
    PC App: Game crashes then a random update constantly: Im currently stuck in a loop where the game Another crab's Treasure will crash once loaded in then on the app will download an 'update' and so on. Weird thing Is I played this morning and...
  4. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  5. Disney app crashes when controller turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney app crashes when controller turns off: The Disney app on my Xbox Series S crashes when the controller turns off if I am listening to audio through headphones wired to said controller. Example: I am watching Disney plus, listening...
  6. Why is the Xbox app still crashing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox app still crashing?: The response thread provided to my previous question did not alleviate my problem. I've repaired, reset, windows store app troubleshot, uninstalled, insured my firewall was allowing it through,...
  7. The Xbox app crashes immediately after opening it

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox app crashes immediately after opening it: The Xbox app crashes as soon as I open the app. I tried uninstalling the app, gaming services, console companion Microsoft Store, updating Windows, using PowerShell, logging in as administrator,...
  8. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  9. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  10. Xbox sign-in window automatically closes/crashes and xbox app services are missing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox sign-in window automatically closes/crashes and xbox app services are missing: Guys, how do I sign into the Xbox App??? The sign-in window just simply crashes when I click sign-in and the xbox app services are also missing in services.msc. Please help. I just want to play...