XBox app can't sign in to live only for older account

Discus and support XBox app can't sign in to live only for older account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm pulling my hair out here. Every time I try to sign in to the XBOX app on Windows 10, I get the error message "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by cabullock, Jul 8, 2022.

1. cabullock
    cabullock Guest

I'm pulling my hair out here. Every time I try to sign in to the XBOX app on Windows 10, I get the error message "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live". There are no error codes given, just the option to "Try again" (which doesn't change things) or "Switch Account" (I tried reentering my login details and no change). I googled extensively, messed with my services, cleared my identity cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the xbox app and the identity manager. Got it to work once, but not a second time, so I'm back to square one (tried doing all of that again and nothing). My email is a gmail with extra "."'s (*.*.*@gmail.com) so I tried adding a sign in alias with a different email that doesn't have any extra "."'s, but this didn't help.

On a whim, I tried creating a new account to see if this was something on my end. The new account logs in fine, no issues. I can only assume this has something to do with my account being pretty old, so I wonder if something under the hood got messed up over the years, but there are no error messages anywhere so I have no idea. I'd just use the new account, but I just purchased game pass through my normal account, so I need to use my actual account.

Is there anything else I can try?

:)

cabullock, Jul 8, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, cabullock. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Please try the steps below:

- Delete Accounts and Cache folders at:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\TokenBroker

- Also delete Microsoft Store local cache files at:
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe

- Go to Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options > Privacy > Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

- Click on Start > Search for Credential manager > Windows credentials. Search for Xbl|DeviceKey, click on it and then Remove. Also, remove all the XblGrts and XboxLive credentials.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

Restart your computer. Try to sign in to your account on the Microsoft store, then on the Xbox app. Let me know how it goes, please.
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

Ea Desktop error

then you may have your xbox account linked to an older ea account, that is the only thing i can think off right now. as you have no issues signing into windows or xbox app on pc but you have issues signing into the EA app, that then is defo and ea issue as microsoft have nothing to do with ea logins.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

"apps&games" xbox 360 issue

This seems to be a common issue if you search online...can't find a fix for it though. I have seen mention that the Browse Apps thingy is there if you don't sign into Xbox Live.

I looked at an older thread (2019) on the forum and someone mentioned "all i did is just switched to another account and another profile" and that solved it for them
  5. Becky Jo 113 Win User

ERROR CODE 807B0193 HELP

Hey guys, we were having the same ussue. We signed our live account, and signed into one of oir older accounts, and it let us back in. We are back on netflix and all other apps. Hope this helps!
  6. justJutsu Win User

Here's How to Switch Accounts on Xbox App Windows 10

You can't sign in with another account after signing out on the Xbox App. When you sign out you only have a sign in button that will automatically log you back into the account you were using, as ridiculous as this sounds there is no way to actually switch
    accounts on the Xbox App, that's why I posted this solution.
Thema:

1. XBox app can't sign in to live only for older account - Similar Threads - app can't sign

2. Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to Xbox app, error code 0x80070422: also displays when I open Microsoft Store...: I'm at my wit's end. I've had this problem for almost a year running and genuinely nothing works. No matter what commands I put in an Admin Powershell, no matter how I set Windows Update in my...
  3. I can't sign into the Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into the Xbox App: Everytime I try to sign in, a blank window comes up (I'm assuming it's supposed to be the sign in window) but it immediately disappears. That way I can play games that I already have installed,...
  4. Can't sign in to pc Xbox app!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to pc Xbox app!!!: When I launch my Xbox app on pc I get a message saying "There seems to be a problem with your Store account." so then it asks me to sign in and when I do I use the correct email and when I enter...
  5. Why can't I sign into the xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I sign into the xbox app on PC?: I have tried everything on these so-called forums. I still cannot sign in to the xbox app on windows. So I am unable to install any xbox windows games. Xbox play anywhere does not seem to be...
  6. Can't sign in on Xbox (both app and series s)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in on Xbox (both app and series s): Hi there, I've been trying to sign in for a while now, even unplugged my Xbox and everything, but can't sign in anywhere. The reference I get is 0x87DD0033 - any idea how I can resolved this...
  7. Can't sign in to xbox app on pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign in to xbox app on pc: [img] Tried to repair and reset, reinstall the app, drivers up to date but it still wont let me sign in. On MSFS for example, it is not able to load/sync online data. When I click sign in, it...
  8. I can't sign into the Xbox app on my Samsung Smart TV, what should I do?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into the Xbox app on my Samsung Smart TV, what should I do?: I've tried signing into the Xbox app on the Samsung Gaming Hub, but each time I do, the TV screen says "Couldn't sign you in. Something went wrong.". I would also like to say that there is...
  9. Can't Sign in on Microsoft Store, Xbox App, or Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Sign in on Microsoft Store, Xbox App, or Minecraft: I have tried a multitude of things: I've restarted my computer, reinstalled the Microsoft Store, checked for updates on Windows, troubleshooted the Microsoft Store, and restarted Xbox services on...
  10. Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet"...: "You are not connected to the internet" xbox live says that when I try to sign in and I tried thousands of fixes, I have to mention that I also deleted some or all xbox files by accident 2 months...