Xbox app cant open the specified file

Discus and support Xbox app cant open the specified file in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I cant open the games i have on the xbox app on windows 11 I get the error of windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TideWD, Feb 12, 2023.

1. TideWD
    TideWD Guest

I cant open the games i have on the xbox app on windows 11

I get the error of windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.

:)

TideWD, Feb 12, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

I just want to make sure that you do the correct steps in sorting it out. Please try the step by step resolution from this link, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/-wind...
  3. KuberArora Win User

Xbox sign in issue

I have tried both steps but nothing worked. In xbox app i am still getting flashing screen and in companion app i am getting this error " we couldnt sign you in to xbox live. The system cant find the file specified" and one thing xbox console app is of 40- 50 mb but it downloads instantly i have tried reinstalling it but still it downloads instantly
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi all I cannot launch any game from the xbox app on windows 10 I keep getting this error 0x87e00196 tried to reinstall the app and still the same

Oh my bad. I didn't specify it. You have to enter that command through PowerShell and it should install your Gaming Services app. If not, open the Xbox app. It should automatically install.
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Dead by Daylight Fatal Error Line 684

in the microsoft store, select the game, and then open the xbox app, in the app, right-click on the game that is in the left corner, and in the three points, and files and in verify files.
  6. mike178 Win User

Starfield won't launch error code 0xc000005

- Delete the starfield.exe file from your install location.

- Open the Xbox app and verify and repair files
Thema:

1. Xbox app cant open the specified file - Similar Threads - app cant open

2. I cant open the xbox app. Error 0x80070422

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant open the xbox app. Error 0x80070422: There are no error message but only a code. It's 0x80070422. Tried updating windows, reinstalling xbox app, and restarting. Nothing works. I'm in windows 10. This error message only pops up each...
  3. Xbox app crashes on startup, and cant open game pages on microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app crashes on startup, and cant open game pages on microsoft store: Hello! I've had this problem for 3 days now, when I try to open a games page on the Microsoft Store it crashes, the Xbox app also crashes when I try to launch it Here are the Crash error that i...
  4. why is my xbox one s super laggy and cant open game or apps

in XBoX Accessibility
    why is my xbox one s super laggy and cant open game or apps: so i have factory reset my xbox multiple times and every time i log in the ui is super laggy and buggy and i cant run games 7e72f7ae-d64c-4b17-a7cb-e8757145db36
  5. fix to: This app cant open. there is a problem with minecraft launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    fix to: This app cant open. there is a problem with minecraft launcher: recently i got a new computer, i used my old harddisk. i deleted minecraft, and played on badlion client. but when i tried to make a singleplayer world and enter it, it gave me an error. thus i...
  6. Cant open xbox app and cant install multiple apps

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant open xbox app and cant install multiple apps: So 1 year ago this happend and i asked here but all didnt work then becausa the problem was just for gaming and services and i just wanted play minecraft i install the old launcher so now i get...
  7. How can I fix the problem/error code "this app (xbox app) cant open"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I fix the problem/error code "this app (xbox app) cant open": Im trying to play a game that I need to install on the xbox app, however when I try to open the app the store tells me "this app wont open" Then I try to repair and reset the store and xbox app,...
  8. Cant open or Update Forza Horizon 5 on xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant open or Update Forza Horizon 5 on xbox app: After the series 6 update launched on 31st March, I am not able to open the Forza horizon 5 and there is no option to update it, it's been 2 days since I tried everything mostly, but nothing is...
  9. Microsoft store apps say "This app cant open"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft store apps say "This app cant open": when I try to launch a game from the Microsoft store or the Xbox app it says "this app cant open. I've reset and repaired the store and it still wont open. 8c6f92a8-e33d-4621-99a7-01dedd874e12
  10. This app cant open.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    This app cant open.: so i wanted to play i am fish and when iam clicking play it says This app cant open. please help [img] 681aef10-551f-4add-b7ca-03f097eb43ef