XBOX App cant change privacy settings

Discus and support XBOX App cant change privacy settings in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I have bought Forza Horizon 4 on my Microsoft Xbox account. I do not own an xbox and i play this game on windows. In-game, i tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by G.S.2, Oct 16, 2018.

1. G.S.2
    G.S.2 Guest

Hello,

Recently I have bought Forza Horizon 4 on my Microsoft Xbox account. I do not own an xbox and i play this game on windows.

In-game, i tried changing a vinyl wrap for my car, but it said i couldn't due to a parental block. That's weird, Im the owner of the account and i shouldn't be getting parental blocks right?

I tried to change this so i went into my privacy settings on the xbox app, and all it did was bring me to this page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

Every time i try to go on xbox.com to change my privacy settings I cant sign in due to a un-clickable sign in button. I tried this with every browser and i

was able to sign in on firefox. However I couldn't click on "My Account" as it took me to the link mentioned above.

Im labeled as an Adult on my account and ive contacted Microsoft two times and got hung up on once. I spent nearly 90$ of my own money on that game just to get screwed over when i try to solve my issue.

I know Microsoft isn't going to give me a refund so if anybody knows how to solve this please help.

:)

G.S.2, Oct 16, 2018
  2. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest
    Streaming problems

Hey bud there's 2 options to change your settings there's Xbox live privacy and app privacy. If you didn't go into the app privacy, you need to go in there to allow apps like twitch and mixer and stuff like that if your streaming from an app. Try going
    into App privacy instead of Xbox live privacy.

XBF Aaron G, Oct 16, 2018
  3. hossinff
    hossinff Guest
    I cant seem to change my privacy settings on Xbox

I I cant seem to change my privacy settings on Xbox is just goes to the support page whenever I try

hossinff, Oct 16, 2018
  4. XBF Javier R
    XBF Javier R Guest

Hello fellow gamer!

It seems there is an issue with being able to adjust the privacy and online safety settings.

Try this out for us:

1. Sign into a different account that is yours
    2. Follow our Add members to your Microsoft family, you would add your own account into the family as a child
    3. And then follow our Change your child’s Xbox privacy and online safety settings
      to adjust the privacy settings for your main account
    Try this out for us and let us know how this goes.

Best wishes!

XBF Javier R, Oct 16, 2018
  5. G.S.2
    G.S.2 Guest
    I just tried this, and i was only able to edit the privacy settings on the account that i was signed in to. My other account was visible but i couldn't click on it because when i moused over it it gave me a red cross.

G.S.2, Oct 16, 2018
  6. G.S.2
    G.S.2 Guest
    I just tried this, and i was only able to edit the privacy settings on the account that i was signed in to. My other account was visible but i couldn't click on it because when i moused over it it gave me a red cross.

I was able to edit my privacy setting however i got an "Unexpected error" message

G.S.2, Oct 16, 2018
  7. Try to call support an explain to them in detail so you can get some helo...

HyperVenom523, Oct 16, 2018
  8. Arminator
    Arminator Guest

That's weird.

That red cross thing happens with the account of my wife in our family, as she is an adult and therefore I can't change her online and privacy settings.

However, it seems that your original account is regarded a child account.

Be aware, that when you created your account, the birthdate you entered then sets the "age" of the account.

While you can change the birthdate of your Microsoft Account, the birthdate on the Xbox Gamertag will stay the same and can't be changed.

So is it possible, that you changed your Microsoft Account to an adult birthdate, while your Gamertag stayed with the "under 18" birthdate?

That might explain why you can't change the online and privacy settings yourself (as the Gamertag is still regarded a child account), while you can't choose your account with your other family account, because there the birthdate was changed to an adult
    birthdate?

Arminator, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox app privacy settings