XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11

Discus and support XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Reinstalled windows today (2023-12-02) and unable to install Xbox app, I've downloaded it from the XBox website, and the installer keep looping though... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by user8583, Dec 2, 2023.

1. user8583
    user8583 Guest

Reinstalled windows today (2023-12-02) and unable to install Xbox app, I've downloaded it from the XBox website, and the installer keep looping though the words:

- making things awesome

- pruning the dialogue tree

- divvying up the loot

- loading the good ending

- generating the fog of war

- cranking the difficulty to impossible

:)

user8583, Dec 2, 2023
  2. coolspot Win User

I am not able to install valorant via xbox app

Same, freshly installed Windows 11, only app is the regular Valorant client. Other Xbox games like Minecraft install fine.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to reinstall Xbox app on Windows 11. It looks like you are getting around issues related to Xbox app.

By the way, may we ask for a screenshot of the issue you are getting? We would like to ensure that we are on the same page with your looping through words, you have mentioned. Please conceal your personal information like full name or gamertag.

Check and install the latest update of Windows:

• It is important your PC is up to date. Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
    • Restart device after update.

Install Xbox app:

• Try to install the Xbox app through the link by selecting the Download the App. Link: Xbox App for Windows PC | Xbox.
    • Open the downloaded installer then install Xbox app.
    • Install the Xbox app and let us know if this will launch.
    • Note:
      • System requirements vary by game; performance scales with higher-end systems. Playing games on the Xbox app for PC may require switching out of Windows S mode.
      • ARM devices support the Xbox cloud gaming feature only on the Xbox app. Game Pass Ultimate or a supported free-to-play game is required for cloud gaming.

Next, if issue persists, please try to run our beta repair tool:

• Check the Xbox app version number since you cannot launch Xbox app, go to PC Settings > Apps > Apps and feature > look for Xbox and select the Xbox app. Look for app's version number.
      • Version number is 2311.1001.7.0 or newer (higher), try to download the repair tool for Gaming Services (Beta).
      • For older versions, please update Xbox app through Microsoft Store.
    • Download the Gaming Services Repair Tool on your PC (Beta) by clicking this link:
    Download the Gaming Services Repair Tool for PC (Beta)

Let us know how it went.

If you have other clarifications about this matter, you can get back to us by replying to this post.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

We hope you are doing well.

We receive an update that this Xbox app installation should be fixed by now. Should you still have the same issue, feel free to send feedback to the Team Xbox using the steps on this link: Xbox Support (under report on Windows).

Have a great day!

Regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

We hope you are doing well.

We receive an update that this Xbox app installation should be fixed by now. Should you still have the same issue, feel free to send feedback to the Team Xbox using the steps on this link: Xbox Support (under report on Windows).

Have a great day!

Regards,

Thema:

1. XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11 - Similar Threads - app cannot installed

2. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  3. Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install large games onto my large HDD, since XBOX App requires 4k cluster size,...: Hi, A long while ago (many years), I purchased ONE game from the MS store and after running into so much trouble, I never even considered using the MS store ever again for purchasing games. Now...
  4. Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install or use any Xbox Apps on new laptop: I recently purchased a new Acer Aspire 3 15 running on windows 11 and have been consistently having issues using any Xbox related app. This includes the main Xbox app and xbox gaming services....
  5. Cannot install Xbox app for my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install Xbox app for my PC: Hey, I'm having a really weird issue. I'm just trying to download the Xbox app for Windows. I have plenty of space on both of my hardrives, have a fine internet connection, nothing obvious wrong....
  6. I cannot download/install XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot download/install XBOX app: So I just added a new SSD to my slot 2 on motherboard, properly formatted and tried to re-install Starfield on it, which failed for some reasons. Then I started to get BSOD after startup so...
  7. I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 xbox app pc: I cannot install some of the games the error code ox80073cf3 [img] c725698f-89b7-4651-adea-57caa7703bc1
  8. Cannot Install The Xbox App on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot Install The Xbox App on Windows 10: Hello, I just purchased game pass for PC and am trying to install the Xbox app through the Microsoft store and it refuses to install. It repeatedly gives error code: 0x80070005 ---- PC Specs:...
  9. xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app stuck, cannot finish, pause or cancel game download and installation: I was attempting to download a game, Wolfenstein: the new order, when my PC crashed, causing me to use a system restore point. after windows was restored I turned on the xbox app to restart the...
  10. Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows: Had to open a new thread since the last one was closed too quickly. I recently added a new boot drive to my computer and did a clean install of Windows 11. However, ever since, the Xbox app no...