xbox app billing info page locks me to US when im not in the US and the Microsoft account...

Discus and support xbox app billing info page locks me to US when im not in the US and the Microsoft account... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I wanted to try out game pass for PC I click join for $1 and it shows me window with request to with my email with UNITED STATES next to is and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Dimmz, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Dimmz
    Dimmz Guest

xbox app billing info page locks me to US when im not in the US and the Microsoft account...

So I wanted to try out game pass for PC

I click join for $1 and it shows me window with request to with my email with UNITED STATES next to is and "add profile address" button so I click next and the field is locked to the US and I cant change it.

xbox app billing info page locks me to US when im not in the US and the Microsoft account... [​IMG]

I cant change it, its grayed out:

xbox app billing info page locks me to US when im not in the US and the Microsoft account... [​IMG]

So I go to the settings and nothing there to change this, OK then I probably set US by error when I registered the Microsoft account but no it is set to my home country everywhere I checked, all the addresses in billing are also set to my actual address.

I tried settings new addesses/billing addresses and its still stuck and locked to US

What am I suppose to do? Is there any way to contact their support? it lead me here when I tried

:)

Dimmz, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

xbox app billing info page locks me to US when im not in the US and the Microsoft account is set to my home country

Hi Dimmz! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

The app region is set according to your PC region/location, you could try instead using the site to get the subscription here

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/xbox-gam...

At the bottom of the site you can select the proper region

[​IMG]
  3. Dimmz Win User

xbox app billing info page locks me to US when im not in the US and the Microsoft account is set to my home country

Thanks man that resolved it
  4. D3ATH PRONE Win User

Managing account

5. Marrion_Y Win User

Why is my account blocked

Hi Brian Weber1

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Just to confirm; when you tried also to access the account through the website, you are presented with a message stating that the account is blocked, correct?

To help protect your account from fraud or abuse, Microsoft temporarily locks accounts when unusual activity is noticed. Please see these pages below for details and for the help to unblock the account:

Unlock your Microsoft account or Outlook email - Microsoft Support

Account has been locked - Microsoft Support

Sincerely,

Marrion

Microsoft Moderator
  6. superlullo Win User

Xbox launch countries reduced from 24 to 13

Addional info please read the following
    www.vg247.com/.../xbox-one-games-are-not-region-locked-microsoft-clarifies-import-stance
    my conclusios:

-you cannot link the xbox one to your live gamertag to use the marketplace, when this is linked to a billing address of an unsupported region. Strangely microsoft has detatched the currency, not the billing address. So you can pay in euros and set the locale
    to a supported country, but you cannot use the billing connected to your live account...??

-you can only buy games online or shops of supported countries, sounds like a kind of region locking...nice for all those shops in unsupported countries

-you can only use currency of a supported countries

-in some cases (apps etc) your ip address will be used, possibly causing blocking, when you are in an unsupported country

- transaction in the marketplace require a Live account, and again a problem when this is attached to a billing address

-support is all based on the country of your oive account, so forget support in an unsupported country...

-video and music cannot be bought by credit card that is billed in an unsupported country

-smart glass uses the location set in the device where it is installed, NICE..no smart glass support in unsupported countries!

Microsoft, why the hell did you block locale based payment like a credit card?? How do you advise users outside supported countries to use their gamertag, when it is connected to a live account and so to a billing address?? What about payment like pay pal?
    Sounds all extremely stupid and big brother like to me..
Thema:

1. xbox app billing info page locks me to US when im not in the US and the Microsoft account... - Similar Threads - app billing info

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  4. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  5. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  6. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  7. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  8. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  9. Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD: I just got a xbox series s, I plugged in my 2TB and formatted it like the console told me too, I pick it up on the xbox, I can download onto it, but the xbox app doesn't pick it up. At all. Why?...
  10. the bill for xbox game pass went through but the xbox app says that i dont have xbox game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    the bill for xbox game pass went through but the xbox app says that i dont have xbox game pass: the bill for xbox game pass went through but the xbox app on windows says that i dont have xbox game pass even though the charge went through and i am on the right account. i have no idea why this...