Xbox app and Xbox app (beta) both crash randomly

Discus and support Xbox app and Xbox app (beta) both crash randomly in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Both the official and beta version of apps have been lately crashing randomly. Nothing has changed on my setup and i don't think they have been updated... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jateu, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Jateu
    Jateu Guest

Both the official and beta version of apps have been lately crashing randomly. Nothing has changed on my setup and i don't think they have been updated recently. Xbox app version 24.25.26002.00000 and beta 24.24.9002.00000

:)

Jateu, Feb 14, 2017
  2. iampaulh
    iampaulh Guest
    Xbox app crashes when playing videos

When clicking on a video in the activity stream, or in the store, the Xbox app will crash

If the video begins to play automatically in the activity stream, it will not crash. It's only when specifically clicking on the play icon.

This happens in both the built-in Xbox app and also the beta Xbox app in Windows 10

iampaulh, Feb 14, 2017
  3. nathanc213
    nathanc213 Guest
    Xbox app and xbox app beta crash on startup

As the title says both the Xbox app and Xbox app beta crash on startup with no error code, the app started crashing after i updated it. If it helps i am using a Surface pro 1st gen and am currently updating to windows 10 1607.

nathanc213, Feb 14, 2017
  4. Xbox app and Xbox app (beta) both crash randomly

Hi,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the Xbox app.

The current version of the Xbox app is 15.17.3003.00000.

See
    Verify that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on Windows 10
    for more information.

Keep us posted with the status of your concern.

Catherine Cus., Feb 14, 2017
  5. Jateu
    Jateu Guest
    I did check for updates but there were none yesterday, but now it seems have been updated to 24.26.14000.0 Beta version is still same.

Jateu, Feb 15, 2017
  6. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Let’s uninstall and reinstall the Xbox application:

1. Launch Windows PowerShell as an administrator. To do this, click Start > All apps > Windows PowerShell. Right-click
      Windows PowerShell and click More > Run as Administrator.
    2. In the Windows PowerShell window, copy and paste the following command: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Once done uninstalling, click this
      link
      and download the Xbox app.

Let us know how it goes.

Catherine Cus., Nov 2, 2018
  7. Jateu Win User

I did check for updates but there were none yesterday, but now it seems have been updated to 24.26.14000.0 Beta version is still same.
  8. Catherine Cus. Win User

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Let’s uninstall and reinstall the Xbox application:

1. Launch Windows PowerShell as an administrator. To do this, click Start > All apps > Windows PowerShell. Right-click
      Windows PowerShell and click More > Run as Administrator.
    2. In the Windows PowerShell window, copy and paste the following command: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Once done uninstalling, click this
      link
      and download the Xbox app.

Let us know how it goes.
  9. Catherine Cus. Win User

Hi,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the Xbox app.

The current version of the Xbox app is 15.17.3003.00000.

See
    Verify that you have the latest version of the Xbox app on Windows 10
    for more information.

Keep us posted with the status of your concern.
  10. ChrisCalvin71 Win User

Why is Xbox App still complete garbage?

Sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time with the Xbox App. Have you tried the Xbox (Beta) app? I have both apps downloaded and prefer the beta app.
  11. cybershade69 Win User

Xbox App not displaying conversations.

I am having the same problem with both the Xbox app and Xbox beta app
Thema:

1. Xbox app and Xbox app (beta) both crash randomly - Similar Threads - app app beta

2. Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app/game installation/updates don't download or stay stuck.(Latest Beta update): I wanted find out if anyone else is dealing with this issue. I swear this wasn't a issue with the previous update. Or is this a complete Xbox issue entirely, not exclusive to the insider program?...
  3. Invitation links TestFlight for Xbox mobile beta app (iOS)

in XboX Insiders
    Invitation links TestFlight for Xbox mobile beta app (iOS): TestFlight has limited spots and it seems to be full right now. Where can I check if there are any free spots again. Can I sign up for a list or does it show up in the Insider Hub or do I have to...
  4. Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Ring - The sound of character speeches in some games and apps doesn't play: A few days ago, I was watching some titles on Prime Video and I noticed that the lines were muted. I thought it was an error by Prime Video itself, but then this same error occurred with two...
  5. Can't Unenroll From Xbox App Beta

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Unenroll From Xbox App Beta: I want to unenroll from the xbox app insider program, but I cannot because when I launch the xbox insider hub, it says I need to be 18. Is there any other way to get out of the beta? submitted by...
  6. Discord beta not appearing on the app

in XboX Insiders
    Discord beta not appearing on the app: I downloaded and applied for Xbox insiders and seem to be accepted but I can’t find the location for the discord app and was wondering if anyone know how to help with that. submitted by...
  7. Why is the events app still being forced onto customers as a beta?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the events app still being forced onto customers as a beta?: SE Created on November 8, 2020 Why am I forced to have the events beta app on my xbox? I uninstall it immediately every time, just like the rewards scam, but I'm forced to reinstall it...
  8. Xbox Beta App Update Broken Version 2202.212.125

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Beta App Update Broken Version 2202.212.125: I updated my Xbox Beta App this morning from the Google Play Store (Verion 2202.212.125) which now causes the app to crash after selecting it. All the workarounds tried, but nothing fixes it....
  9. How do I enable mods in the insider beta app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I enable mods in the insider beta app?: I watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcSuTRblhBI But I can't seem to find that option anywhere. [img] It clearly says the game supports mods, but I can't find the option to...
  10. Game Pass mobile (beta): installing a new game from app, triggers reinstall of other games...

in XboX Insiders
    Game Pass mobile (beta): installing a new game from app, triggers reinstall of other games...: ....that were in the "active download" mobile queue with status "concluded" With that, Xbox tries to download the game, but it's already downloaded. The more games you have in queue with status...