Xbox app and Ubisoft Connect app

Discus and support Xbox app and Ubisoft Connect app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The Windows Xbox app now launches the Ubisoft Connect app even if you're not playing one of the Ubi games on Game Pass - you can spot it running in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by grooner, Apr 28, 2023.

1. grooner
    grooner Guest

The Windows Xbox app now launches the Ubisoft Connect app even if you're not playing one of the Ubi games on Game Pass - you can spot it running in the task bar system tray.

As a result -

- If there's a login issue with Ubi you'll see the Ubisoft login window pop-up unexpectedly

- If you try to close the Ubisoft app then you get an error message in the Xbox app telling you to open the Ubi app as it "needs attention"

This is very annoying

:)

grooner, Apr 28, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

How i install games from Ubisoft? XBOX Game Pass PC

Make sure you have the Ubisoft connect app installed, and make sure your Xbox account is linked to your Ubisoft account, then start the Ubisoft connect app, and log in with your Ubisoft account. Close the Ubisoft connect app, and start the Xbox app, then find the Ubisoft game you want to install, and select install on it, it should hopefully launch the Ubisoft connect app and start installing the game.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

How can I download Assassin's Creed Origins?

Yes it is still available. If you are trying to install the game on PC, then you need the Xbox app and the Ubisoft Connect PC app installed as well from the Ubisoft website.

Just search for it on the app, then select it to install, and will install from the Ubisoft Connect app for you.
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

Ubisoft taken off of Xbox for PC?

i see no point in starting ubisoft games within gamepass app/xbox app when you have to have ubisoft connect installed and all xbox app does is launch the games within the ubisoft app. as with EA games you will not get achievements and it uses the ubisoft servers.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

No Install Button For Far Cry 6 On Game Pass PC

Hi,

Do you have the Ubisoft Connect App installed? Have you linked your Ubisoft account to your Xbox Account?

https://account.ubisoft.com/account-information

Both your account needs to be linked and you need the Connect app. The connect app is what is used to download the game. Same as it works with the EA app.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Question Regarding external hard drives and games on Xbox App PC

Hi,

Sadly no. The games on the Xbox App are encrypted and can not be shared or moved between different PCs.

This does not apply to the EA games downloaded via the EA App or the Ubisoft titles from the Ubisoft Connect App. These games are not encrypted.
Thema:

1. Xbox app and Ubisoft Connect app - Similar Threads - app Ubisoft Connect

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  4. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  5. Cant remove Ubisoft games from game pass app.

in XboX Insiders
    Cant remove Ubisoft games from game pass app.: I installed 3 Ubisoft games through game pass PC/uplay (R6 Extraction, Wildlands, Watch Dogs 2) and after uninstalling thorough uplay the icons are still present in the installed section of the...
  6. cannot connect to ubisoft app

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot connect to ubisoft app: I have a valid and paid xbox gamepass account and when I try to connect a message tells me: "Cannot authenticate with the Xbox network. Make sure your Microsoft account is linked to an Xbox...
  7. Why is the Xbox App constantly garbage? EA, Ubisoft, Epic, all other platforms work...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the Xbox App constantly garbage? EA, Ubisoft, Epic, all other platforms work...: Ohhhh Ive had a variety of problems with the xbox app and gamepass over its time period. Like many of us have. I Was glad when they started letting you choose custom folders instead of the stupid...
  8. Ubisoft connect app on Xbox one is absolutely atrocious

in XboX Insiders
    Ubisoft connect app on Xbox one is absolutely atrocious: I don’t know if anyone tried this app yet, but an Xbox one X it doesn’t even use the full screen. It’s literally a half screen. In 2020, How does a company like Ubisoft make an app this bad? It’s...
  9. O Erro 0x803f81f5 ao abrir app da ubisoft club

in XBoX Games and Apps
    O Erro 0x803f81f5 ao abrir app da ubisoft club: O Erro 0x803f81f5 ao abrir app da ubisoft club, priciso desse app para jogar The Division 2, só tenho 2 dispositivos na minha conta, um notebook e o xbox one s, só aconteceu com esse app. Error...
  10. Why won't it let me download the Ubisoft Club app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't it let me download the Ubisoft Club app?: My Xbox One won't let me download the Ubisoft Club app however all other apps download just fine. Does anyone know what is happening and how to fix it? It says something has happened on the...