Xbox App and Microsoft Store fail after a couple of minutes

Discus and support Xbox App and Microsoft Store fail after a couple of minutes in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having an issue/issues with the Xbox App and Microsoft Store apps. After reboot both apps work for a few minutes and then fail to load new content... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by wommp, Nov 30, 2021.

1. wommp
    wommp Guest

I'm having an issue/issues with the Xbox App and Microsoft Store apps. After reboot both apps work for a few minutes and then fail to load new content (the tiles become empty placeholders).

I've tried the built in troubleshooter, uninstalling both apps (and reset and repair in app settings), I've also tried wsreset in admin mode, removed and readded with powershell and tried sfc/scannow (all is fine). My date and time are synced and I'm on the latest update.

I have a feeling it might be my Microsoft account as I set up a new local user account on my PC and the Microsoft Store app seemed to work fine (although I wasn't 'logged in' to any microsoft account as I only have the one)

Sometimes the Xbox App will tell me I can't log in to xbox live and give various error codes.

Microsoft Store error code is typically 0x80131500.

I can usually tell if it's stopped working as 'my feed' in the start bar will also stop updating and say 'we're having trouble loading your feed' / 'you might be offline'

Thanks,

Phil

:)

wommp, Nov 30, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Well, I suggest you try this:

Open the Settings app it is the gear in the start menu.

Open Accounts

Click Sign-in Options

Scroll down to Privacy

Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

Restart your PC!
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there wommp welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  4. wommp Win User

Hi, I've tried all of this. Still not working. I also have a subscription for Office 365 and when I opened excel today I was told I must register in 4 days despite paying monthly.

Thinking it must be my account somehow?

I also use a VPN but it's in same country so don't think it's this. I've tried accessing the store and Xbox app with it on and off and it seems to work slightly better when it's on.

Any other ideas?
  5. SammyVS Win User

XBOX App stuck on "Preparing 0%"

I see. If that fails, try downloading the game via Minecraft launcher. You can download the launcher through the Microsoft Store app, Xbox app, and the Mojang website. After installing the launcher, log in with your Microsoft account and download Microsoft Dungeons.
  6. Edgarour Win User

Games and apps

It has happened to me that my game does not start, maybe it is because my Xbox needs maintenance, when that happens, I start loading apps or the store so that after a couple of minutes, the game starts normally, such time is your case
Thema:

1. Xbox App and Microsoft Store fail after a couple of minutes - Similar Threads - App Microsoft Store

2. Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abysmal download speed in the Microsoft Store and Xbox App: I am furious! It's been a while that I have abysmal download speed in the Windows Store and Xbox Application on PC. Everything related to Microsoft is just outrageously slow! Flight simulator...
  3. Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app and Microsoft Store app keeps crashing after upgrade of CPU and clean install: I was using windows 10 (1903) edition on my core i5 6th gen machine. I bought and installed Microsoft Flight simulator from the store and it worked fine. I upgraded my PC hardware to intel core...
  4. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  5. Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from MS Store / Xbox app: I recently bought "Microsoft Flight Simulator" on Amazon, with an activation key on the Microsoft Store, but cannot seem to get it to run. System details Windows 11, Version 23H2 (OS Build...
  6. Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x80070005 when attempting to install the Xbox App from Microsoft Store: I've tried multiple times on different days after restarts etc. Anytime I attempt to install the Xbox app I receive error 0x80070005 after the app downloads I'm running windows 10 Pro and there...
  7. Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to reinstall Xbox app through Microsoft store after having to delete it but it just...: Hi, Microsoft community, awhile back I had to delete my Xbox app to fix one of my games from stuttering. It has been a couple of months, and I want to re-download the Xbox app to buy Game Pass and...
  8. Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App stuck on logo and Microsoft Store not downloading Minecraft Launcher: I've been trying to install Minecraft for hours now. The Microsoft store will not download the game ir the launcher and I cannot open the xbox app either. I have tried: 1. Uninstalling and...
  9. Microsoft store will not download or update apps.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft store will not download or update apps.: My overall goal is to be able to install Minecraft I can click install from the Microsoft store page, but it just loads for 10ish seconds and goes back to a blue install button. I went to the...
  10. Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox wont open in Microsoft store and also in Xbox app: Description of the problem: When I click to open it, a window appears with a white background and the roblox symbol in the middle and after a few seconds it closes. When I tried to open roblox...