Xbox app and Gaming Services not installing from Windows Store

Discus and support Xbox app and Gaming Services not installing from Windows Store in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying for a solid two weeks to get the Xbox app to allow me to install and play games. For the last year up until about two weeks ago it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brian Pavelchak, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Xbox app and Gaming Services not installing from Windows Store

I have been trying for a solid two weeks to get the Xbox app to allow me to install and play games. For the last year up until about two weeks ago it was working fine but out of the blue it started giving me an error when I try to install any app from it. I kept popping up a message saying to install Gaming Services, so I did but one of two things would happen. It would either just sit at either pending or downloading and not do anything, or it would install but the Xbox app would continue to give me the same error message. I have done literally everything possible from uninstalling the apps and reinstalling to using the PowerShell command prompts (including reinstalling windows 10 all together). Now not only is it not allowing me to install the gaming services it isn't allowing me to install the Xbox app from the store either. I have tried downloading it from the web and bypassing the store all together but it still doesn't work (gives me the gaming service message). Not sure if there is anything else I haven't tried yet. I have reached out to Xbox support and they said it had to be on the Windows end and not their side.

:)

Brian Pavelchak, Aug 9, 2023
  2. Farscape247 Win User

Error 0x00000001 on Windows 11

quickest and easiest way to resolve this issue is start from scratch, clean windows install and run all windows updates then store updates then install xbox app then game services then redownload gamepass games.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

XBox App on PC (Win 10)

if you had games listed in companion app they then you either streamed from an xbox or they were installed via the windows store, if the game is not listed in the xbox app then download from the windows store.

you can install the companion app from the windows store too.
  4. iPyrrhus Win User

Xbox PC App: 'We Couldn't Sign You in to Xbox Live (0x80004005)' When Already Signed in Preventing Me from Playing Games

Unfortunately neither of these worked...and for a while solution 1 put me in a loop. After removing RegEdit services, I got stuck in the following loop: Launch game from Xbox app->Windows Store prompt telling me it needs to install Game Services utility->Install Game Services utility in Windows Store->Try again to launch a game in Xbox app->Again opens Windows Store to install Game Services even though it was already installed->Repeat.

Fortunately I fixed that loop with step one of solution 2 (repairing Gaming Services function in the Windows settings>applications tab), but anyone else be warned that if you don't do that part too, the app will get stuck without Game Services able to run, then you can't launch any Xbox app games.

Anyway, yes, back to square one: Still getting the same Xbox Live Sign-In error when launching Wolfenstein after attempting both of those solutions. :(
  5. Gabe Bodnar Win User

I cannot install gaming services for the life of me

i am signed into microsoft store and the xbox app with the same account, my windows 11 and xbox app is up to date, i have used wsreset.exe on the microsoft store numerous times now, i follow each wsreset with an attempt to download gaming services either through the xbox app, or through microsoft store using the gaming services page i can access by putting the "start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN" command in powershell. none of these solutions have solved the problem, downloading from the xbox app still does nothing and the microsoft store still freezes the second i click install on the gaming services page. i cannot update gaming services because it isnt installed, i still cannot get it to install.

For clarification i am not having issues with updating gaming services, i am having issues INSTALLING gaming services. i was having other issues with gaming services before hand and the fix i followed involved uninstalling and reinstalling gaming services, the problem is that i cannot re install gaming services, NOT that i cannot update it. i do not have the app installed and i am trying to install it. reinstalling gaming services is quite literally the last step in the fix of the previous issues, but now i have a different one. (not being able to REINSTALL gaming services)
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Installation error no matter what game that I try and install on Xbox (beta) for windows

There are a couple things we can do to find out where the error is.

First step would be to check your subscription. If you go to your
    Microsoft Account page
    , check under Services & Subscriptions. Verify that your Xbox Game Pass for PC or Game Pass Ultimate is still active.

Are you able to install any apps from the Windows Store? The Xbox (Beta) app uses the Windows Store to install, so if you're able to install other apps there, it's worth checking if you can install the Game Pass games directly from the store, to see if
    it's an issue with the Xbox App or the Windows Store.

Let us know on those, and we can figure out the next best troubleshooting steps.
Thema:

Xbox app and Gaming Services not installing from Windows Store

1. Xbox app and Gaming Services not installing from Windows Store - Similar Threads - app Gaming Services

2. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  3. Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories App "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" when Elite S2...: When i try to configure my elite controller with the "xbox accessories" app, i get an error message saying "failed to sign in using gaming runtime services" it tells me to log into the xbox app,...
  4. Cannot get Xbox app or gaming services to work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get Xbox app or gaming services to work: For a while now I've had an issue where i could not install anything from the xbox app due to gaming services. Now the xbox app no longer launches and is stuck loading until the app crashes....
  5. Xbox gaming services breaks Xbox App/Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gaming services breaks Xbox App/Game Bar: Hi, for weeks now i've been having the issue that the Xbox App is stuck on the logo and can't log into Xbox in the Game Bar. I have tried every solution i could find on the Internet, including...
  6. Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in...: Every time I try to launch Wo Long Fallen Dynasty in PC GamePass on Windows 11 the Gaming Services app pops up in Microsoft Store, and then I immediately get an error. One of these pops up:...
  7. Xbox app and game services is entirly broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app and game services is entirly broken: I have tried EVERYTHING your "technicians" say to do, and not a thing has worked, doing the old Get package command, does not work, i cant even uninstall game services to reinstall it, I SHOULDNT...
  8. Windows 11 Xbox game pass app tells me i need to install xbox game pass services and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox game pass app tells me i need to install xbox game pass services and then...: I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it but now i cant install the game pass app. 669f409c-1ffc-4924-b160-961a33b673d9
  9. Xbox app asks me to constantly re-install game services and doesn't detect installed games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app asks me to constantly re-install game services and doesn't detect installed games: Xbox app keeps constantly re-downloading Game Services and doesn't detect my installed games. I tried eliminating gaming services and the xbox app through commands and reinstalling, as this was...
  10. Gaming Services/other apps not installing on Microsoft Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services/other apps not installing on Microsoft Store: I have an HP All-In-One 24 with Windows 11. I was trying to download Roblox from the Microsoft store, and it would not download, it would start, and then a minute later say there was some error...