Xbox app and connecting a already existing console

Discus and support Xbox app and connecting a already existing console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m having trouble connecting my console to my Xbox app every time I click set up with already existing console it tells me to turn on my console and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rhysie Joe, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Rhysie Joe
    Rhysie Joe Guest

I’m having trouble connecting my console to my Xbox app every time I click set up with already existing console it tells me to turn on my console and sign in however when I do this it just pops up on my phone saying something went wrong try again later is there a way to fix this?

:)

Rhysie Joe, Oct 5, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this RHYSIE

This can be a bit dumb, but can you try turning off all the remote features (make sure to have instant-on power mode enabled)

After you turn off the remote play features. Power cycle your Xbox console
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, reinstall the Xbox app in your phone and try again

In case you need detailed steps about how to re-configure remote play.
    Use this article:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-s...
  3. Belle B Win User

Connect Xbox mobile app to existing console

Hi Mario

Sorry to hear about that, however, you can try following these steps on your console:

You might need to reset your console but keep your games and apps. This will delete any corrupted data in your console's OS. Ensure that you know your Microsoft account and password before doing so and your console is connected to the internet.

Press Xbox button> Go to System> Settings> System> Console Info> Reset Console> Keep Games and Apps

Once it restarts > Sign In > Choose your last settings

Once done, check your remote settings by going to Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features > Ensure that "Enable remote features" is checked.

See your power mode option if its set to Sleep, if its on Sleep, you can turn on the console and turn it off, however, if its on Energy saving, you can only connect to it if you manually turn the console on.

Then try to connect to mobile data on your phone while your console is connected to your home wifi.

Let me know.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

If I already set up my Xbox Series S with the console, can I use the app?

If you've already signed in to the app, select the Console icon in the upper right corner of the home screen, and select Set up a console > Existing Console.

Let me know if it works!
  5. Photonimus Win User

Updates For Old Xbox Games

Updates that already exist will prompt for download when you fire up the game itself while your console is connected to live.

Updates are completely free.

An official Xbox 360 Hard Drive is required to play original xbox games.
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Issue with HDR on monitor with XBox and freesync?

That’s not likely to happen, however, the possibility exists if the app developer didn’t optimize the app.

Would I know what troubleshooting methods you tried on your console?
    Additionally, did you try connecting your console to another HDR compatible monitor or TV to verify if the same behavior occurs?

Lastly, is your console enrolled in the Xbox insider program?
Thema:

1. Xbox app and connecting a already existing console - Similar Threads - app connecting already

2. My PC Xbox app won’t connect to party.

in XboX Insiders
    My PC Xbox app won’t connect to party.: I tried to repair it and it still hasn’t worked. This happened after the most recent update submitted by /u/truckersmc116 [link] [comments]
  3. How do i connect xbox app to console without a monitor?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i connect xbox app to console without a monitor?: Ive been using my memory on how the xbox menu looks to navigate it, but ive been having trouble connecting the app to the console. It's just stuck on the "Turn on your console and sign in with...
  4. Xbox app connecting problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app connecting problem: On the Xbox app, Whenever I invite someone or try and join someones party, it just says "Connecting...". Sometimes I have no problem connecting and other times It's impossible to join a party....
  5. xbox app keeps getting stuck on connecting (pc)

in XboX Insiders
    xbox app keeps getting stuck on connecting (pc): whenever i try to join a voice chat with my friends it gets stuck on connecting and i cannot join i have tried many fixes but none of them work any suggestions? submitted by /u/Krazykayra...
  6. How do you get the Xbox app on PC to connect to the console?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you get the Xbox app on PC to connect to the console?: How do you get the Xbox app on PC to connect to the console? This was working last week, now it's gone. The console does not appear not does any option related to it....
  7. When my Xbox 360 S is connected to the Internet, will some installed Xbox 360 apps no...

in XBoX on Windows
    When my Xbox 360 S is connected to the Internet, will some installed Xbox 360 apps no...: I have 101 apps installed on my Xbox 360 S. When the console is connected to the Internet, will some installed applications no longer supported be auto uninstalled upon the request of the...
  8. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  9. Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I connect my Xbox to the Xbox app: I’m trying to add my existing console to my library on the Xbox app and it keeps saying “try again in a bit something went wrong.” And I’ve done all the things Google says and it won’t work such...
  10. My Xbox app when trying to connect to an existing console that was already connected to but...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox app when trying to connect to an existing console that was already connected to but...: Even on a different phone says the same thing some dude said he wiped it and fixed it but I can’t do that . I would like to cast to my phone to play games but can’t connect the Xbox was connected...