Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when...

Discus and support Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have googled and tried just about every fix I have seen. All notifications are on in every area, Xbox game bar, the notification control themselves.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dabcake, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Dabcake
    Dabcake Guest

Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when...

I have googled and tried just about every fix I have seen. All notifications are on in every area, Xbox game bar, the notification control themselves. Focus assist isn't on. The Xbox game bar is on. The service Connected User Experiences and Telemetry is on auto start > delayed. All Xbox services are started. It only happens when I am running dual monitors. Everything works normally when I'm using a single one.

:)

Dabcake, Dec 24, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when I'm using dual monitors.

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem, researching on the internet I was able to find that in the forum, the independent advisor Cartzy, recommends the following steps for a solution.

So far, from the details she provided, she can try the next steps and let us know the result. You can skip the ones you've already done.

Manage Xbox and app pop-up notifications

Manage pop-up notifications from Xbox and apps | Xbox Support

Xbox app

Sign in to your account in the Xbox app.

Select your gamertag and then Settings.

Select Notifications.

Update the checkboxes based on how you want to receive notifications.

Xbox Game Bar

To open the Game Bar, select the Windows logo key + G.

Select Settings > Notifications.

Update checkboxes and radio buttons based on how you want to receive notifications.

If you are still having problems, you can perform the SFC scan now to try to repair corrupted or missing files

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Information source (credits):
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/e04533cd-881c-4b0d-afb5-197e9938ae7f

I hope to be of great help to solve your problem.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  3. Dabcake Win User

Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when I'm using dual monitors.

Checked all those options before I made this post. Ran SFC scan now and system file checker to find no errors. Nothing has changed.
  4. bowski477 Win User

whats the point off zero point achievements

I don't mind 0gs achievements. I just like the sound it makes when they pop. That's probably why it's been my text notification sound for the last 5 years lol
  5. smileskybird Win User

The sound of unlocking Achievements

I find hearing those sounds cute and don't want anything changed about it.

Achievement notifications are fine, but those big fat Windows 8 styled boxed notifications ALWAYS appear on the bottom centre of the screen.

Xbox 360's notification system is SMARTER because it appears either on the top centre, top left, top right, bottom right or bottom left of the screen especially in while playing games. The Xbox 360's Dashboard's algorithms are smart enough to make the notification
    bubble appear on your screen where it less likely interfers with the game. With Xbox 1, you just get a big fat notification box which always comes up in the bottom centre of the screen.

I do like it how you can customize the colour of achievement notifications on Xbox 1, mine's orange.
  6. XBF John Win User

How to disable "Claim your points!" notifications on Xbox game bar social notifications?

Thank you for the clarifications, so it looks like the Game Bar is the only program that does not have a setting to silence or ignore those. I assume, even with the Epic Games store, FH5 is an Xbox game that requires Xbox authentication, so regardless of platform, the system will connect those achievements in regard to rewards all the same.

If that is the case with the Game Bar App I think most if not all other notifications appear in the Xbox App - that is achievements and party invites. I would recommend testing it personally, as I have seen these notifications in the App myself but want to make sure this works for you as well. I've sent an ask to a team about it to see if there is a way to single out these notifications, but overall, it may be easier, for now, to silence game bar notifications completely - not the Mobile or Xbox App on PC and see if the relevant notifications appear there, rather than the Game Bar.

When I have a solution or answer from the aforementioned team, I'll share what answer I can from them.

Thank you,

Thema:

1. Xbox App achievements don't appear in notifications or make a sound on Win 10, only when... - Similar Threads - App achievements don't

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  4. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  5. Xbox PC App - Achievement is unlocked but gamerscore and achievement count wont update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox PC App - Achievement is unlocked but gamerscore and achievement count wont update?: Is there anyone else experiencing this bug where the Xbox app displays an achievement as unlocked, but the gamerscore and the achievement count won't update? I was playing Maquette from Xbox Game...
  6. Xbox App / Gamebar doesn't send notifications when unlocking an achievement.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App / Gamebar doesn't send notifications when unlocking an achievement.: I tried ALL kinds of troubleshooting. Local accounts, install/uninstall, changing around notification settings NOTHING worked. When my friend types I get a notification but never from an...
  7. Achievements Manager on the Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Achievements Manager on the Xbox App: This question is so old but it bothers me to this day, even after 10 years with the Xbox. With all the affection and passion I have for Xbox, I ask the fans to please listen. I just ask that...
  8. How do you turn off Achievement Notifications while playing on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you turn off Achievement Notifications while playing on the Xbox app on PC?: Update: I think I found the toggle in the notifications section of the Xbox Game Bar settings. Haven't managed to test yet. 5629afe6-d572-4eef-9d32-5a594bc2c7f0
  9. I can’t see my or my friends achievements on the Xbox app but I can see my gamer score

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t see my or my friends achievements on the Xbox app but I can see my gamer score: I can’t see any achievements but I could a few days ago what can I do? b1eb0424-3f13-41b3-9a92-1d9b144ac5be
  10. Achievements all gone from Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Achievements all gone from Xbox App: Hi. I can't seem to access achievements in any game in the Xbox app. I can't see them at all, both unlocked and locked ones. This just started today. It was fine yesterday....