Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone

Discus and support Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I'm trying to join a party on my phone so I can play on my PlayStation while talking with my friends on Xbox (they refuse to set up discord... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by J TRAIN A COMIN, Jun 3, 2024.

1. Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone

I'm trying to join a party on my phone so I can play on my PlayStation while talking with my friends on Xbox (they refuse to set up discord integration.). However, the Android App will not allow me to use the headset microphone. It doesn't work with any headset I try. I have no issues with other apps

:)

J TRAIN A COMIN, Jun 3, 2024
  2. Christyna64 Win User

Microfone no Fortnite -[Translation - Microphone in Fortnite]

Are you using a headset, or the Xbox app on your phone for party chat?

You can try reinstalling the app, also check that the Xbox app has microphone permissions.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Muc in 3.5mm headset silent

Yes my mic on my headset no longer seems 2 register is sound on the Xbox One.

and I tested my mic on the Android plugged in where did hear me so it's not my mic's physical fault.
    Be aware that there are two standards for headset plugs called OMTP and CTIA.

In both standards the microphone and ground connections are reversed.

If your Android phone uses the OMTP standard, and the OMTP headset works on your Android phone, it will NOT work on the controller which requires a CTIA compliant headset.

Basically, the controller is then "listening" to the ground pin, while the microphone of your OMTP headset is "talking" to the ground pin of the controller.

You could try going to a phone shop or searching online for a CTIA to OMTP adapter. This adapter simply crosses the Microphone and Ground pin (so it works both ways, so you can also get a OMTP to CTIA adapter).

Since this adapter only crosses two wires, the adapter should not cost more than a coffee to go, or you're being ripped off.
  4. XBF - Dom Win User

microphone not working for game bar or Xbox app Windows 11

Thank you for verifying! Have you tried changing your default microphone in both the Xbox app and the Xbox Game Bar?

Xbox Game Bar:

• Open the Xbox Game Bar
    • Go to your "Audio" widget
    • Select the "Voice" tab
    • Change your "WINDOWS DEFAULT INPUT" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    • Change your "DEFAULT COMMUNICATIONS OUTPUT" and your "DEFAULT COMMUNICATIONS INPUT" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    • Scroll down to "More Settings"
    • Click "Xbox Party Chat"
    • Change your "AUDIO OUTPUT" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    • Change your "AUDIO INPUT" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that "push to talk" is not enabled

Xbox app:

• Open the Xbox app
    • Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    • Select "Settings"
    • Select "Audio"
    • Set your default "Input device" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    • Set your default "Output device" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that "push to talk" is not enabled
  5. Coolarj10 Win User

Bug: Microphone doesn't work after disconnecting Windows 10 streaming

Thank you Bestlano!

Another issue I'm running into with the headset adapter + windows 10 streaming:

I docked my surface pro 2 into the docking station, which has a wired PC microphone plugged in. When I start playing (Rainbow Six Siege), the game audio is coming through my headset adapter (via the Xbos Stereo Headset), but the Windows 10 Xbox app is utilizing
    my wired PC microphone instead of the Stereo Headset/Headset Adapter. I can't figure out a way to force the streaming app to use the microphone plugged into my controller...

(not sure if I should document this issue in another thread)

It seems there may be some minor issues between the Windows 10 Xbox streaming application when used with the Xbox Headset Adapter.
  6. LK Guardian Win User

Can I use the Xbox One Controller's 3.5mm jack to plug in my headset for Windows 10 Xbox Party Chat?

Hi, thanks for your response.

I am using the Turtle Beach Ear Force Recon 30X Chat Communicator Gaming Headset.

[​IMG]

I have never tried this setup before using the Xbox App, but feel it should work as every other aspect of my computer can detect and use the headset speaker and microphone. It is only the Xbox App that cannot find the microphone on this headset.

I am trying to use the headset on my computer exactly like it would be used on the Xbox One, through the 3.5mm jack. There is no reason this should not work because my computer finds the microphone just fine.
Thema:

Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone

1. Xbox Android App still forces you to use Phone Microphone and not headset microphone - Similar Threads - Android App still

2. Microsoft phone with a Microsoft phone exclusive android app for downloading Xbox games...

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft phone with a Microsoft phone exclusive android app for downloading Xbox games...: Hi, What if Microsoft considered a Microsoft phone only app that allows for on device downloads of Xbox game titles submitted by /u/DryAd6599 [link] [comments]
  3. XBOX Series X connect with XBOX app (android) problem

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Series X connect with XBOX app (android) problem: I am trying to connect my console to the Xbox app (android) but the app is stuck at the message "Turn on your console and sign in with your account". My console is turned on and i have signed in....
  4. How to view block list on Xbox App for PC or iOS/Android Xbox App?

in XboX Insiders
    How to view block list on Xbox App for PC or iOS/Android Xbox App?: I've google instructions for how to view the block list and all the instructions seem really old. Appears there is no way to view the block list without an Xbox Console. submitted by...
  5. How do you get Family Safety App to report location accurately (Android)?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you get Family Safety App to report location accurately (Android)?: I have the Microsoft Family Safety app installed on my family's phones. Everyone is logged in under their accounts. however, whenever I pull up the app on my phone, it can never find anyone's...
  6. game pass app for android

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass app for android: Need to have the app connect to a different user on xbox one. 6040e9fb-62ab-4e62-bb90-8ed01489c878
  7. Android xbox apps: open a game directly

in XBoX on Windows
    Android xbox apps: open a game directly: Hi. I am wondering if there is any way to launch a game without having to open the xbox app first, and then select the game you want to play. The question applies for in-home streaming and/or...
  8. Game Pass Ultimate Not Showing As Active On Android App

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass Ultimate Not Showing As Active On Android App: Hello, Every time I try to use the android app for cloud gaming it says that I need an ultimate subscription. I do have an ultimate sun active currently and it just the android app that’s not...
  9. xbox app ( android) issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox app ( android) issues: I sat the xbox with the mobile app but the app was working but eventually the xbox was not recognized by the app the app still gets every thing such as trophy screen shots ,records every time I...
  10. Cloud gaming button not showing up in gamepass mobile app (android)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud gaming button not showing up in gamepass mobile app (android): The button to play a cloud game will not show up, whatsoever. 4fbd895c-626f-4790-a482-636673e884ef