Xbox Adaptive Controller Profile switch

Discus and support Xbox Adaptive Controller Profile switch in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently bought the controller and am now configuring it with the goal of handing my disabled brother-in-law more controls over his games .... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by house_is_a_feeling, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Xbox Adaptive Controller Profile switch

Hi,

I've recently bought the controller and am now configuring it with the goal of handing my disabled brother-in-law more controls over his games .

We have made a nice setup for him with buddy buttons and a big joystick. It's set uo with three different profiles for several different genre of games.

The thing is he isn't able to reach the profile change switch due to his condition. In the xbox accessories app I can assign pretty much every button except the profile change button to any of the custom outputs.

Is it possible to set up a buddy button for the profile switch ? If not built in as of yet, my suggestion would be to have the option available on the x1 or x2 (extra 3.5mm jacks)

Thanks in advance

:)

house_is_a_feeling, Sep 16, 2018
  2. vectortg03
    vectortg03 Guest
    how to purchase contractors / switches for Xbox Adaptive Controller

how to purchase contractors / switches (compatible) for Xbox Adaptive Controller in france

vectortg03, Sep 16, 2018
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Adaptive Controller button combinations

With the Xbox Adaptive Controller you can customize your experience. Use the Xbox Accessories app on Xbox One or Windows 10 to further customize your experience through button remapping and profiles. Create multiple controller profiles in the app and instantly
    switch between three of them with the built-in Profile button.

M3tal Daz3, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest

Doing some research, it appears that you cannot currently remap the profile change button. You may get some traction by posting the idea at Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

Also there is a lot of reddit activity about the controller, see: Introducing The Xbox Adaptive Controller • r/xboxone

There may be someone there who has a creative workaround, or may be able to assist further.

I hope that your Brother-In-Law enjoys the new controller!!

Echo4Ent, Sep 16, 2018
  5. Hi House_is_a_feeling,

Button Mapping should automatically map to input. If the mapping for the profile is not available try checking the xbox accessories app.

It may not be set up as an option as of yet. Please visit:
    Xbox Suggestions

XBF Jasmine Z, Sep 18, 2018
  6. Up until now he enjoys the use, we're still modifying and trying out different forms of control.

I'll check the reddit and have passed on my idea to xbox uservoice.

thank you

house_is_a_feeling, Sep 21, 2018
  7. Hi Jasmine,

Exactly, it's not specified as an option in the accessoires app. I have put in a request with the Xbox uservoice page.

thank you Xbox Adaptive Controller Profile switch :)

house_is_a_feeling, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: