Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...

Discus and support Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have the Xbox Adaptive Controller(XAC) setup with an arcade type controller from Bluetip Gaming... https://www.bluetipgaming.com/product/axis-1-pro/... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jim Bigony, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Jim Bigony
    Jim Bigony Guest

Xbox Adaptive Controller joystick ports (X1 and X2 inputs on back) are detecting false...

I have the Xbox Adaptive Controller(XAC) setup with an arcade type controller from Bluetip Gaming...

https://www.bluetipgaming.com/product/axis-1-pro/

...I connected all the buttons, D-pad and joysticks to the XAC to make it wireless. This worked for years until recently the joysticks starting acting funny...with no joystick input from me the right stick was acting like it was being pulled straight back or sometime being pushed all the way right, causing the games player(Sniper Elite 5 or Far Cry 5) to look straight up or to start spinning in circles (again this happens with no physical joystick input from me). I then went to the "Xbox Accessories" app on my Xbox One S...this is where you can configure the controller. I clicked on the "scientific beaker" icon and that puts the controller in "test" mode so you can now see what button is being pushed, good for button remapping testing I suppose. This is the puzzling part, in this test mode it is showing the right joystick being pushed to the right but I am not physically touching the joystick!. So I'm thinking the joystick is malfunctioning and unplug the 3.5mm 4 pole plug that is wired to the stick from the XAC and the right stick being pushed indicator disappears. So just for curiosity I unplug the left stick and plup into the right stick port, I now get the same error showing the stick is being pushed with no input from me. I now try to plug a spare 4 pole 3.5mm plug that is used to wire the joysticks into the X1 port on the XAC. This plug is not wired to anything yet but I get the same reading showing the stick being pushed. I now try to plug this into the X2 port and get the same issue. Now I'm thinking the XAC is at fault. I buy a new XAC and go to test mode, exact same issues on both X1 and X2 ports. All controllers and Xbox have the most recent updates.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed as I am running out of things to try! Thanks, Jim

:)

Jim Bigony, Jan 10, 2024
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: