Xbox Account Restricted

Discus and support Xbox Account Restricted in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just purchased a used Xbox Series X and it seems to be locked due to an account restriction. Is there any way to remove the previous owner’s account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Shane Johnson3, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Xbox Account Restricted

I just purchased a used Xbox Series X and it seems to be locked due to an account restriction. Is there any way to remove the previous owner’s account and make this Xbox my own, or do I need to try and track down the previous owner again?

:)

Shane Johnson3, Jan 3, 2024
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Restrictions on xbox account?

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. We see you are wanting to change
    permissions on a child account
    . Unfortunately, once it is a child account you are unable to give it full parent access. You can set the privacy setting to adult and allow to make purchases. If you are wanting full access you would need to make an adult
    account.

Hope this helps.

Brad
  3. Renatodibi Win User

Xbox Account Restricted

Hi Shane.

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

In theory, you should be able to input your account and remove the previous owner's unless there are other issues with the console. Personally, I recommend resetting the console to factory settings and then adding your Xbox account.

To reset you console

Press the Xbox button to open the Guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.

You can choose between resetting and removing everything or resetting and keeping games and apps.

In your case you should select to remove everything.

Further information at
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

I hope you can solve your issue in this way.

Kind regards
    Renato
  4. Wishcatcher Win User

Restrictions on xbox account?

5. Georges C. Win User

Xbox account restriction?

6. Georges C. Win User

Xbox account restriction?

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Terry, Have you checked your Online Privacy settings and also checked if you have any sort of ban or suspension?

Xbox device suspensions and bans

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/family-onli...

Go to: https://www.xbox.com/

After entering, click the profile picture in the upper right corner, and choose "Xbox Profile", then on the next page click on "Privacy Settings" and will open the "Privacy & online safety" page.
Thema:

Xbox Account Restricted

1. Xbox Account Restricted - Similar Threads - Account Restricted

2. Microsoft age restrictions Family Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft age restrictions Family Account: I have age restrictions on all video games only because it says I’m under a family microsoft account, but I don't know whose account I’m under. Please Help Thanks!...
  3. If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I remove my son from the family account so he doesn’t have any restrictions will this...: My son is in our family account but I want to remove him as he keeps getting messages that he needs to ask for my permission to use chrome ??? If I remove him can he still use our Xbox account...
  4. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...
  5. This is rated above accounts restrictions

in XBoX Accessibility
    This is rated above accounts restrictions: Hello I have subscribed to the Game Pass thing and many games that are rated above 16 are not showing and I am 23 years old. and when I search for them and try to install them it asks me a...
  6. Cant fix my account restrictions

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant fix my account restrictions: Help! So when I was younger I created a live account and basically since I was too young I was not able to do so without a parent account's consent. so what I did was create a fake email account...
  7. Why does my account have restrictions?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my account have restrictions?: Hello, For some reason my account has restrictions and I'm not sure why. I'm not in a family I am over 18 I own the account 280cd1b1-7774-4b50-8d29-2337062f8430
  8. Account hacked and put into restricted state.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and put into restricted state.: My account has been hacked and the page says that my security info will be changed back to the one before hacking after the restricted state is over. So if I understand correctly that means that I...
  9. my microsoft rewards account is restricted how do i get the restriction removed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft rewards account is restricted how do i get the restriction removed?: my microsoft rewards account is restricted how do i get the restriction removed? i know i havent broken any rules ive got over 60,000 reward points avaliable any help would be great dunno if there...
  10. This is rated above accounts restrictions

in XBoX Accessibility
    This is rated above accounts restrictions: Split from this thread. I have done the 3 above steps (my date of birth was not incorrect and above age 18) and removed myself from a family group. I have repaired and reset the xbox app on my...