XBOX ACCOUNT NAME WONT CHANGE

Discus and support XBOX ACCOUNT NAME WONT CHANGE in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I ONCE HAD MY XGN(XILEDGAMING NETWORK) CLAN TAG AS THE NAME ASSOCIATED WITH MY GAMERTAG AND NOW WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE IT BACK TO MY REAL FIRST AND LAST... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by alimmosley, Oct 19, 2015.

1. alimmosley
    alimmosley Guest

I ONCE HAD MY XGN(XILEDGAMING NETWORK) CLAN TAG AS THE NAME ASSOCIATED WITH MY GAMERTAG AND NOW WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE IT BACK TO MY REAL FIRST AND LAST NAME IT WONT SHOW UP ON MY PROFILE. I NEED HELP WITH THIS PLEASE.

:)

alimmosley, Oct 19, 2015
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Change your Xbox LIVE account information

Overview

It is possible to change information associated with your Xbox LIVE account like your name, address, phone number or email address.

Note: You cannot change the country that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account. If you have moved to another country and you would like to access Xbox LIVE from there, you have to create a new Xbox LIVE account in your new location.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on Xbox.com

1) Go to My Account and Sign In with your Microsoft Account. (This is the email and password that is associated with your Xbox LIVE account).

2) Make the changes you want to your billings account information and then click Save.

How to Change your name, address, phone number or email on your console.

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Proceed to Settings, and then select Account.

3) Select Your Information, and then go to Billing Information.

4) Sign In with your Microsoft account password.

5) Change your billing account information and then click Done.

In case you want to change the billing name on your Xbox LIVE account, go to Xbox.com

xboxfelix, Oct 19, 2015
  3. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    Account Change Question...

Yes, if he changes the original name to something else you can then claim that name. What i would do is have him change the name now (it's 10$) and right after he changes or shortly after he changes it, go claim your name again with a new email (he can't change email that i know of).

This will save your name, your achievements are tied to your old account though, all digital purchases and achievements are on that account. If you want to give him your xbox, just have him setup a new account. If it's he wants your digital games, you can game share later.

It sounds confusing but it's easy come back when you get your new xbox and we can set you up with that too.

cross44, Oct 19, 2015
  4. XBOX ACCOUNT NAME WONT CHANGE

Hi Ablazing Eigche, how long ago did you try making this change, and is the issue still persisting? It is possible that the system is simply lagging behind and will update in some time. Let me know!

RollinRollin13, Oct 19, 2015
  5. alimmosley
    alimmosley Guest
    I just made this change last night. this may be the reason why it hasn't updated yet.

alimmosley, Oct 31, 2018
  6. alimmosley Win User

I just made this change last night. this may be the reason why it hasn't updated yet.
  7. RollinRollin13 Win User

Hi Ablazing Eigche, how long ago did you try making this change, and is the issue still persisting? It is possible that the system is simply lagging behind and will update in some time. Let me know!
  8. StovetopRuby3 Win User

HELP with EMAILS pleas :'''(

so it wont just change the name it will change the email alltogether ? because i want xbox rewards
  9. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Cant change gamertag

Could it be possible you have an enforcement name change on your account. If you do you wont get a free change and will need to pay the fee to change it as per the code of conduct
  10. SoRoSparrow Win User

name change wont work

Thema:

1. XBOX ACCOUNT NAME WONT CHANGE - Similar Threads - ACCOUNT NAME WONT

2. Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?: Im playing Grand Theft Auto and some guy joins the group chat party with a swastika as his gamertag. He said he’s been reported tons of times and nothing has happened to him. Is there tags...
  3. someone hacked and changed my minecraft account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    someone hacked and changed my minecraft account name: Some spy broke into my computer and changed the name of my Minecraft Java account, I can't revert it or change it again (because of the 30 days), it's a rare name, and I can't contact support on...
  4. How to search for an old account's name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to search for an old account's name?: My Xbox1 got the black screen and I had to reset it, everything stayed fine except my main account was gone, I remember the first part of the name but not the numbers at the end, and I dont have...
  5. I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox in my name but my child cant use his...: I have a microsoft account and have set up a new xbox for my child for xmas but he cant use his headset to talk to friends why is this? 01ac49d7-7f8b-42bc-9b68-95c805540615
  6. Making a new minecraft account using my old unmigrated account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    Making a new minecraft account using my old unmigrated account name: Hi! For the past 4 years ive been studying at school and university and have not really played minecraft. I did not know about this migration and unfortunately have missed the date. Ive had this...
  7. Why is Xbox design lab saying that I need to put my name on my account when I already have?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Xbox design lab saying that I need to put my name on my account when I already have?: I want to order a controller off of the Xbox design lab, but when I hit proceed to check out it says I need to put my first and last name on my account. So I went in and put my name, but it is...
  8. How to get access to an named epic account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to get access to an named epic account: I was wondering why my Xbox said it was already connected to an epic games account, and found the answer here stating that I chose not to connect at the start so it automatically connected me to...
  9. I forgot my email and I just remember my minecraft name what can I do to recover my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I forgot my email and I just remember my minecraft name what can I do to recover my account: I forgot my email and I just remember my minecraft name what can I do to recover my account 536510a7-d891-474d-9bbd-654309c66447
  10. Deleted minecraft account names

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Deleted minecraft account names: If people don’t migrate when will there username become available to use 54cde23c-f066-409e-abf1-028ae8b31fb0