Xbox account linked to old college email, servers deleted, can't access account

Discus and support Xbox account linked to old college email, servers deleted, can't access account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When logging into xbox it says I can't log in, that there is unusual activity, and they need to send an email to my email associated with the account... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nicholas Melesko, Feb 28, 2023.

1. Xbox account linked to old college email, servers deleted, can't access account

When logging into xbox it says I can't log in, that there is unusual activity, and they need to send an email to my email associated with the account to help log in. the email is an old nm******@mail.uri.edu account. that email server was deleted from the university years ago, so their IT said essentially everything related to that is gone, so the email that xbox is sending to recover my xbox live is sending it to a black hole. I'll never be able to get an email on that (and I should have updated that email a long time ago, my fault).

I did do the "I don't have this device" thing on the page for recovery, and after answering the questions as accurately as I can, microsoft says we can't help, you didn't provide enough or correct info. well it is correct, it's the only info that exists related to me so.....now what? do I just eat the cost of paying for xbox live and all that and use my "newer" account which was never linked to this old one? Pay for another year? or is there a work around when even the company can't help you...I'm currently paying for xbox live and such, so there needs to be a fix for this rather than locking people out of old accounts (what happened to the classic 3-step security questions haha!)

Any help is appreciated. I'm not sure what to do next other than, like I said, just start paying for all the services again on my 2023 account with my @gmail rather than the old .mail.uri.edu account and loose everything (which is whatever related to the games more so the $$).

:)

Nicholas Melesko, Feb 28, 2023
  2. iTsFx Win User

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

Contact Xbox Support: You can contact Xbox Support and explain your situation to see if they can help you recover your account. They may be able to verify your identity through other means and help you update the email associated with your account.

Contact the email service provider: If the email server for your college email is still in operation, you may want to contact the email service provider to see if they can help you recover your email account.

Try to recover your email account: You can try to recover your email account using any account recovery tools that may be available. If you have any recovery codes or security questions set up, you may be able to use those to recover your email account.

Create a new Xbox account: If you are unable to recover your old Xbox account, you may want to create a new account using a current email address. You will need to repurchase any games or services associated with your old account, but you can still use your old Xbox Live gamertag on your new account.

It's important to always keep your account information up-to-date, especially if you no longer have access to the email address associated with your account. Be sure to update your account information with a current email address to avoid similar issues in the future.
  3. kRevali Win User

Is it possible to get back a Lost GamerTag that is tied to an email address I am using for another gamertag.

If you don't access an account in a determined amount of time it will be deleted but the GT could be still on the servers somewhere. You can change the email associated with a Xbox GT but you have to access that account again in order to do it. This year
    MS did a cleanup on old accounts without recent logins so the bad news is that account has been already deleted
  4. LiBraga Win User

Error 80049C3A - Unable to log in to Xbox Live

The email account I've deleted isn't the account used for my live address (which is a hotmail one).

The deleted email account was an old address I had used for the security proofs (the only security proof that was setup and was jm****@bt****.com).

Effectively I can't add any new proofs for 30days until they all reset.

I can't stop the reset of the proofs because it wants to send a verification to the non-existent email address.

I can't access the old security proof email address (the account has been deleted).

I can't log in to xbox live due to be unable to add new proofs.
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

Old email linked to Xbox account deleted

Hi there,

Have you tried the Account recovery form yet? https://account.live.com/acsr

Provide as much information as possible when completing the form.
  6. Jurgen1488 Win User

Old email linked to Xbox account deleted

Activate your email again, usually just log in.
Thema:

1. Xbox account linked to old college email, servers deleted, can't access account - Similar Threads - account linked old

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54
  4. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  5. I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it...: I want to link my old Minecraft account to my new PlayStation account how do I unlink it from my old one and link it to my new one aeda31a0-b74a-4037-8ead-8cc7d3b55545
  6. I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends.: I have an old Xbox account that I want to link to EA to transfer progress on Apex Legends, However I cant access the Xbox live account anymore because I deactivated the Yahoo email associated with...
  7. I can't log into my live profile and my email that's linked to that account it's old as all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log into my live profile and my email that's linked to that account it's old as all...: I can't log into my live account please help me 5b35fe63-136a-419d-ae01-9acf4628016a
  8. I don’t know my old account that’s linked to Minecraft on my PlayStation.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I don’t know my old account that’s linked to Minecraft on my PlayStation.: Hey, I really want to not connect my old account to my PlayStation. Or delete by any chance to put my new Microsoft account onto Minecraft. By any chance y’all can do that? My PlayStation user is...
  9. I want to activate my 2fa but it’s linked to an old account I don’t know the @hotmail or...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to activate my 2fa but it’s linked to an old account I don’t know the @hotmail or...: I want to activate my 2fa but it’s linked to an old account I don’t know the @hotmail or the password so I’m just stuck a54b66e9-c6ca-487e-9cf0-17e3b794cb2f
  10. No longer have acess to Old Email accounts Linked to Minecraft Account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    No longer have acess to Old Email accounts Linked to Minecraft Account.: I have had Minecraft for a long time now but within the last 2 years the email that was linked to it both the main and back up email have been deactivated and i can no longer have access to. I...