XBox Account In Multiple Countries

Discus and support XBox Account In Multiple Countries in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; If a family has multiple homes around the world, if two of them are located in say Guyana & Suriname (Dutch Guyana) next door to each other in South... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Samantha Deenajeet, Dec 11, 2023.

1. XBox Account In Multiple Countries

If a family has multiple homes around the world, if two of them are located in say Guyana & Suriname (Dutch Guyana) next door to each other in South America, will my XBox Account & Game Pass still work?

I have a PAL XBox One X that I'm currently using on Game Pass in the UK. I also have a PAL Original Crystal XBox & Halo Reach XBox 360 for physical copies of games I own so I don't need the internet to play the best games XBox has in it's library.

Is My OG XBox & 360 only useable in the UK? What if I'm in New York, Paris, Italian residences, Carrabean etc? What if I travel to Asia and other locations, what do I need to do? Can my consoles be made region free?

If some of my games on disk are region free, will they work on a locked console?

Why is console life so complicated!?

:)

Samantha Deenajeet, Dec 11, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hi again

You are right, I did better research and realized that Guyana is not PAL, but NTSC. This is because Guyana was colonized by the Netherlands, which uses the NTSC standard.

As for digital compatibility, if Guyana is no longer listed it means that, in theory, digital games purchased in the UK should not work in Guyana.

However, there are reports that some people have managed to get PAL digital games to work on NTSC consoles. This is because Xbox consoles are relatively flexible when it comes to regions.

Source: https://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_juegos-ntsc-usa-en-consolas-pal-posible_1067780
    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to provide accurate and secure information. Beware of ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before deciding to download and install it.

I hope this information has been useful to you.
    Oskayra
  3. Samantha Deenajeet Win User

When I look online it says Guyana is not PAL but NTSC.

Also when I looked in supported countries on the Microsoft website Guyana was not listed as digitally supported.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Hi Samantha, my name is Oskayra and I would be happy to help.

Xbox accounts are global, so you can use your account in any country in the world. However, the digital games you purchase are region locked. This means you can only play digital games that are available in the region where you purchased your Xbox account.

In the case of Guyana and Suriname, both countries are part of the PAL region. Therefore, digital games you purchase in the PAL region will be available on both consoles.

Your OG Xbox and Xbox 360 consoles are also region locked. This means that you can only play digital games that are available in the region in which you purchased the console.

I would also recommend the ultimate gamepass, here is a link that tells you in detail why but in summary it is a global game pass:

https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-ultimate-faq

and here I share the following page so you can see the lists of games compatible with the different versions of Xbox:

https://www.xbox.com/games/backward-compatibility?cat=all

I hope my answer has been useful to you.

Best Regards,
    Oskayra
  5. Samantha Deenajeet Win User

Thank you for your additional replies, I really appreciate it.

Guyana, Suriname & French Guiana were originally one country, which was then carved up by invaders. Guyana was a British Colony and became independent in 1966. Suriname was the portion colonised by the Dutch and French Guiana by the French of course. It makes sense that Suriname would use what they use in the Netherlands. I suppose Guyana would use what most of South America uses because that's what North America uses.

I read the whole thread from the link you gave me. It is incredibly complicated and still unclear to me. Don't worry, I wouldn't touch any adverts from these websites with a ten foot pole.

I'll let my Husband deal with this. It's too much for my brain.

Thanks again for your help.

Samantha
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

You can see services available in countries at the link below. Please note that when you are in unsupported. countries digital services will not be available.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/regions
Thema:

1. XBox Account In Multiple Countries - Similar Threads - Account Multiple Countries

2. Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...: Console serial number 090189223117 cc7b311d-94ae-4693-8739-bf4e1a02fcd5
  3. Could I possibly trigger a ban if I used the 14 day Xbox trial on multiple accounts at one...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Could I possibly trigger a ban if I used the 14 day Xbox trial on multiple accounts at one...: So Xbox live has a offer when buying ultimate a 14 day trial well my not so smart brother kept using the 14 day trial on like 3 of my accounts my question is that will it trigger a console ban of...
  4. Xbox Series X White Login Screen Multiple Accounts

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X White Login Screen Multiple Accounts: We just got a series x. We added two accounts. Once the system "sleeps" and we start it back up, when we go to login, we get a white screen. It almost looks like the browser is trying to login you...
  5. How to play purchased game on multiple accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to play purchased game on multiple accounts?: So I purchased the Forza Horizon 5 Xbox series X edition for Christmas. My fiance went through full set up yesterday and enjoyed playing his game! I was also kind of excited to play around with...
  6. Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to game share to multiple Xbox’s through family accounts?: Hey so I currently have 3 Xbox’s one for myself and my two sons. Is there a way that I can share my games I’ve already bought to both of their Xbox’s? For example, if we all wanted to play...
  7. Multiple microsoft account to merge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple microsoft account to merge: Hi, I've got Minecraft few years ago with one of my E-mail account (french mail 'wanadoo'). This E-mail is now unactive and I would like to switch my minecraft account to an other e-mail...
  8. I have filled out a microsoft account recovery form multiple times for it just to fail.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have filled out a microsoft account recovery form multiple times for it just to fail.: I need help quickly! I have been trying to recover my account that I lost access to about a year ago for months now, and get the same outcome every time. Every time I try to do the recovery form...
  9. Multiple Netflix accounts on one Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple Netflix accounts on one Xbox: I have been SEARCHING online for an answer to how I can get my Netflix account on my Xbox without signing my partner out of theirs, we have different gamertags and Netflix accounts and would like...
  10. Hi I can't relink my discord account I've tried multiple times but it just won't link.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi I can't relink my discord account I've tried multiple times but it just won't link.: I've tried relinking on my Xbox, on my phone, and even on my computer but it just won't relink Update: it fixed it self! 7b7f7e26-78bb-4f23-b2c6-8e2ca6054f2a