Xbox account acts like it's a child account, but Microsoft account doesn't say I'm in a...

Discus and support Xbox account acts like it's a child account, but Microsoft account doesn't say I'm in a... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm trying to purchase Minecraft, but it wouldn't let me do it because of this. It advises me to remove my account from the "family", but when I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Thomas Chap, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Thomas Chap
    Thomas Chap Guest

Xbox account acts like it's a child account, but Microsoft account doesn't say I'm in a...

I'm trying to purchase Minecraft, but it wouldn't let me do it because of this. It advises me to remove my account from the "family", but when I attempt to do so it shows that I am not in a family. What can I do to fix this?

:)

Thomas Chap, Jun 30, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox account acts like it's a child account, but Microsoft account doesn't say I'm in a family group.

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Thomas!

Try this if you're not able to leave the family group and you're alone ;

Create a new account that can be considered as an adult account (try using another web browser or incognito mode).

Once done, add your main account as organizer via the link below. (you can see in the new account an "add member" button
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Please double check that you select your main account as organizer too, not member.

Once successfully added, sign out from your account everywhere and restart your PC
    Then log in your account again and try downloading the game.

Just to double check, please check if birthdate is more than 18 and change it if necessary
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile
  3. ngocphi Win User

Account says I'm a child account, although I'm not.

Whenever I try to change my settings through aka.ms/accountsettings , it always leads me to this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings . Although I am an adult
    account, I cannot access any of the links on this page OR xbox.com that would let me change my privacy settings. Any help?
    You dont first and foremost

Changing the age of your account has no bearing on your account status

You can call support to see what your status is

You can remove the parental account at https://accounts.microsoft.com

However only after the accounr reaches the age of 18 based on when it was originally set when you created the account no sooner

Doing so before the age of maturity will only result in you being locked out until you readd a parental account
  4. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Jackhale4,

If you haven't already, please go ahead and make a new thread
    detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps(if any) you've tried so far. That way we can tailor our support specifically to you.
  5. Jackhale4 Win User

Whenever I try to change my settings through aka.ms/accountsettings , it always leads me to this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026796/microsoft-account-change-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings . Although I am an adult
    account, I cannot access any of the links on this page OR xbox.com that would let me change my privacy settings. Any help?
  6. FoeHammersRing Win User

Hey there, happy to lend you some support in the right direction! I won't be able to look into your account from my end, but it might be a good idea to give the steps on this page a try to start: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/xbox-one-privacy-and-online-safety

But to also reach out to the official Xbox Support Chat/Phone team here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us so they can take a deeper dive into your account and your account settings to see what's going on. They would have the tools to really take
    a closer look. :)
Thema:

1. Xbox account acts like it's a child account, but Microsoft account doesn't say I'm in a... - Similar Threads - account acts child

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it...: my email says it no longer exist but when i try to make a new account with that email it says that email already has an account with but. Also when i use my username to sign into my account it...
  4. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  5. How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account: How do I make a child account on an Xbox to an adult account 173b5633-ff5c-46dd-817a-40edfdbafb61
  6. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  7. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  8. My account was closed without my permission

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was closed without my permission: If I try login into my account it says: "This microsoft account doesn't exist." However, when I try to make a new account wit the same email it says: ".... is already in a microsoft account. Use...
  9. Xbox Enforcement act on my account for no reason !!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Enforcement act on my account for no reason !!!!: so today my Xbox account had an Xbox Enforcement act placed upon it for being called a “dipsh*t” in my messages , so I decided to stand up for myself saying he would talk like this behind the...
  10. How to appeal against Enforcement act that has been Wrongfully placed on account

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to appeal against Enforcement act that has been Wrongfully placed on account: So i came on tonight to my account being Communication banned thanks to my Ex girlfriend, the action ends on the 6th December yet i feel as if this is an Unjustified action against me after she...