Xbox Accessories Configuration profiles don't work in bluetooth

Discus and support Xbox Accessories Configuration profiles don't work in bluetooth in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Before we begin: if you're one of those "Microsoft Community Experts" that has 10,000 resolutions that involve you regurgitating the top result from... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by commiebobo420, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Xbox Accessories Configuration profiles don't work in bluetooth

Before we begin: if you're one of those "Microsoft Community Experts" that has 10,000 resolutions that involve you regurgitating the top result from doing a generic Google search for something vaguely related to my question, please don't bother. We have AI to do that for us now. I have spent the last 2 hours digging into this question, I am scraping bottom by asking here, so please, unless you have some actual real insight into this issue, please, I beg you, do not reply to me. To save you time, here are the top links from doing generic Google searches for something vaguely related to my question:

1. https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help...,Wireless Adaptor or a USB-C cable to connect
    2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-elite-2/d06af05b-5a8a-4f34-870e-b2d786c69bdf
    3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-data-to/b3b4f24e-27d1-4db0-bb5f-e0dfcb5c335a
    4. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ntroller/5ca9d506-5110-4403-a602-244a49b53903
    5. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ntroller/1a13e863-6277-40fa-ac6c-53421ae41d14
    Now that we've all established that I did my research and know how to use Google to search for something vaguely related to my question, let's get to it:

I am trying to use the Xbox Accessories app to invert my Xbox One Controller's Y-axis on the right thumb stick for Microsoft's new game Starfield, a game so modern that it fails to include the option to invert controller inputs without also inverting the mouse controls (monsters!)

The issue is, I can configure my controller via the Accessories app, and it'll work if my controller is connected, but the moment I switch to bluetooth is defaults back to the regular behavior. The strange thing is, the configuration is clearly getting saved, since the profile I created (let's call it "Invert") appears in the list of available profiles when I plug it into a second computer. I can assign it to Slot 1, and it'll work, but as soon as I unplug it, it's back to the default.

Is this intended behavior? If I want custom controls on wireless controller do I have to keep it plugged in? Seems really short sighted if that's the case.

I have tried remapping on a Win11 and Win10 machine with the same unacceptable results.

:)

commiebobo420, Sep 11, 2023
  2. commiebobo420 Win User

The issue with Starfield is they have the mouse and controller invert settings tied, so playing M+K with controller for flying is... Frustrating.

And thank you for confirming that the Xbox One Wireless controller does not support custom profiles when using the controller's wireless feature.

Do you know if the Elite controller allows for custom profiles without being tethered to the computer via a USB cable?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Starfield has invert Y, I set it myself, and I wouldn't play the game without it.

Your issue is probably you're using bluetooth, and most advanced features are only supported via USB or the wireless adapter. You can try using USB so it'll detect, and see how that works for you
  4. commiebobo420 Win User

"Starfield has invert Y, I set it myself, and I wouldn't play the game without it. "

I love love LOVE how you read like every other word of that sentence. Let me re-write the sentence you read, with emphasis on the words you need to comprehend in order to understand the nuance of my question:

I am trying to use the Xbox Accessories app to invert my Xbox One Controller's Y-axis on the right thumb stick for Microsoft's new game Starfield, a game so modern that it fails to include the option to invert controller inputs without also inverting the mouse controls (monsters!)

Now that we've re-read that sentence and thought about the part I bolded and underlined for you, can yiu tell me what the issue is that I'm facing?
  5. xkaIibur Win User

Xbox accessories “configure” not working

Yes the first thing I see when I open up Xbox accessories is a loading circle and the the error code pops up “0x800708CA”. And I have not plugged my controller to my pc as currently it’s getting maintenance.
  6. XBF John Win User

Xbox accessories “configure” not working

After discussing with my team, this is a known error, and a solution is being worked on with no determined release date as of now. If you are not in Xbox Insiders, you can try joining for when the release is tested it will be given to insiders first to do the testing. You can try joining and choosing an Insider Preview for console updates and see if that helps out. Otherwise, resetting your console may be the only temporary solution. When you reset you can do so without having to delete all your apps:

1. Go to System
    2. Select Console info
    3. Choose Reset console
    4. Select Reset and Keep My Games & Apps
    You can join the Xbox Insiders by Downloading the Xbox Insider Hub from the Microsoft Store.

Thank you,

Thema:

1. Xbox Accessories Configuration profiles don't work in bluetooth - Similar Threads - Accessories Configuration profiles

2. XBO controller not found in Accessories app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBO controller not found in Accessories app.: I have an XBO I'm trying to use on my Windows 11 PC. I've been using the bluetooth connection just fine on my PC. I tried connecting it to my Steam Deck and ran into issues. The controller...
  3. Gaming and Xbox accessories

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gaming and Xbox accessories: Is there a warranty on the xbox wireless headset? 74233fef-ed22-4226-85a8-ed1bf5cbb4aa
  4. Xbox Accessories app sign in error 0x80004005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app sign in error 0x80004005: Just downloaded the app to reconfigure my elite controller. It will not let me sign in. I am signed in on the Xbox app/MS store/Outlook, just the accessories app wont let me log in All apps are...
  5. Xbox accessories doesnt find updates

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox accessories doesnt find updates: Hi. I have troubles cause my Xbox one controller cannot be updated, and that's cause Accessories doesnt find any updates for this controller. Does anyone have any tips how to get an update for...
  6. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  7. Can I unbind a analog stick from the Xbox accessories

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I unbind a analog stick from the Xbox accessories: My rights and left stick are busted and I have a game I'm trying to play that just doesn't require the sticks and I have others that don't require them I was wondering if there was a way to just...
  8. XBOX Accessories App Insiders Build - Configurations won´t work without the Controller...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Accessories App Insiders Build - Configurations won´t work without the Controller...: XBOX Accessories App Insiders Build - Controller Elite 2 Win 11 Pro-22621.2134 the additional keyboard option is functioning with the usb linked to the controller without problems this far for...
  9. cant configure my elite series 2 with accessories app

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant configure my elite series 2 with accessories app: This is as far as i get every time. have done all troubleshooting steps, updates uninstalled reinstalled. help would ber great [img] 07ef4543-19a4-4f38-883f-ef417a1e945a
  10. I cant configure my wireless xbox controller on xbox accessories app, How do I turn off...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant configure my wireless xbox controller on xbox accessories app, How do I turn off...: This is how it shows, I cant click on configure and it says “controller is connected to blue tooth, connect with usb to configure it”. I want to turn off my controller vibrations on my xbox X/s...