Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

Discus and support Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JeansBeans, Mar 26, 2024.

1. JeansBeans
    JeansBeans Guest

Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125

I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being unresponsive.

When I checked out the Xbox accessories app, I saw on YouTube that when u click on the three dots (More options.), there should be a button on top of the vibrating controller button called Firmware update.

Here is a comparison of my app and a persons app:

This one is mines

Screenshot 2024-03-25 225158.png

This is one i found on YouTube

Screenshot 2024-03-25 231424.png

I dont see a firmware update button on mine.

I have Windows 11 installed and for the black screen issue I already updated my drivers.

All i need is help so i can finally get rid of this issue.

:)

JeansBeans, Mar 26, 2024
  2. ClausReich Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

In this case, it wouldn't be a bad idea to update your controller's firmware. You can do this on your Series X or your Windows 10 PC. To do it on the Series X, connect it using the USB cable and then go to Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. Then, select the Firmware version square, and then press Next to start the update process.

To do it on Windows 10, just download the Xbox Accessories app from the Microsoft Store. If you already have it installed, just run it. After opening the app, the procedure to update is the same one as on the Series X, press the "..." button and follow those steps.

Check if your controller works correctly after doing this.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired controller. I need help

Hello JeansBeans,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are experiencing issue with your Xbox Series X controller that is contributing to black screen problem in your computer. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern timely.

If we may ask, are you using Windows 10 or Windows 11?

It is possible that the caused of black screen is not the firmware update of your controller. We should also check if your Windows is up to date to make sure that your Xbox Controller will run smoothly.

The message Update Required will appear immediately if your controller needs mandatory update when connected through USB cable. If there is no update required, then it would mean that the firmware of your controller is up to date.

Here are the troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

Make sure Windows is up to date:

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available.
    including optional updates for your device.

• Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

Uninstall and reinstall Xbox Accessories app.

• To uninstall, type Xbox Accessories app in the Windows search box, right-click and click Uninstall. After uninstalling, restart the computer.
    • To reinstall, Open the Microsoft Store, search for Xbox Accessories app using the search box, and click on install.

Then try connecting your Xbox Wireless controller again and let us know if you are still getting a black screen.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Klofi Win User

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 cannot wake Windows 10 PC via controller

The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 has the newest driver (there's no firmware update in Xbox Accessories app) and the Xbox Series controller has the newest firmware (updated via Xbox Accessories app). Didn't help.
  5. JacoZietsman Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

I am on a PC where can I find the update? My Xbox Accessories app say that my controller is up to date.

my Controller firmware is 4.8.1908.0

The Xbox Accessories app recognise my controller and even register the stick movements when I set up a profile. But in Test Mode no buttons are registering?????
  6. John J.D. Win User

Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button

Hi SomaTGW,

I am , a fellow Microsoft user like you.

I understand that you're having trouble rebinding the share button on your Xbox Series X/S controller.

To start, have you tried updating your Xbox Accessories app and your controller's firmware? Updating these might resolve the issue you're experiencing.

If you're using Windows 11 and haven't downloaded the Xbox Accessories app yet, you can find it in the Microsoft Store. Simply press the Start button, type "Xbox Accessories," or choose it from the list, and sign in to open the app. Here's the link for reference: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

For updating your Xbox Series X/S controller's firmware, you have two options: wireless or USB connection. If you prefer the wireless method, press the Xbox button to open the guide, go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, choose "..." to check the firmware version. If it says "Update," select Firmware version and follow the provided steps. Here's the link with detailed instructions: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I'm here to help you with this.

Best regards,

Thema:

1. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired... - Similar Threads - Accessories app Firmware

2. XBO controller not found in Accessories app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBO controller not found in Accessories app.: I have an XBO I'm trying to use on my Windows 11 PC. I've been using the bluetooth connection just fine on my PC. I tried connecting it to my Steam Deck and ran into issues. The controller...
  3. Xbox Accessories app sign in error 0x80004005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app sign in error 0x80004005: Just downloaded the app to reconfigure my elite controller. It will not let me sign in. I am signed in on the Xbox app/MS store/Outlook, just the accessories app wont let me log in All apps are...
  4. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  5. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  6. For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks

in XBoX on Windows
    For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks: I’m updated to firmware version 5.17.3202.0 and have updated the Xbox accessories app and are updated on windows, is this only for the console version? I have a Xbox elite 2 controller and it...
  7. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  8. Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?: https://i.imgur.com/BwsatJX.png (Image of the error message that I should update Windows, but it is already the Insider Preview ) Hi, for a few days now, I can't open the Xbox Accessories app...
  9. Xbox Console and Xbox Accessories App have different controller firmware updates? Which is...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Console and Xbox Accessories App have different controller firmware updates? Which is...: I have both a Green Recycled Series S/X controller and a FH5 Series S/X controller. I use the FH5 controller mainly on PC and the Green Recycled controller mainly on Xbox One X. I got an update...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 firmware STILL not supported on Xbox Accessories App

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Elite Series 2 firmware STILL not supported on Xbox Accessories App: From what I can tell, this issue has been around for many months, if not for a year+ Previous post on this same topic -...