Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today

Discus and support Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As in title, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clicking on repair etc , nothing, royal pain this is. Just does not boot up when clicked on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Nick Sparkle, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Nick Sparkle
    Nick Sparkle Guest

Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today

As in title, tried uninstalling, reinstalling, clicking on repair etc , nothing, royal pain this is. Just does not boot up when clicked on

:)

Nick Sparkle, Feb 29, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Nick, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Afterwards, please, download the Gaming Services Repair tool:

https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool

Once downloaded, execute the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Follow the prompts and check if the issue was resolved.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool
  3. Patrick_149 Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

This solution is not working in Windows 11 as of today:

Elite S2 5.13.3143.0

Accessories App 300.2202.25001.0

FYI this is what the link in Xbox Assist does: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

It opens the Xbox Accessories app with:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

No option to revert.

Windows 10 Xbox Accessories App does not work with 5.13.3143.0 at all - displays a message saying its being updated come back soon.
    I can confirm that it doesn't work. I tried reinstalling the app but it just opens the regular Xbox Accessories screen.
  4. BritishCharlie Win User

Revert/Rollback/Downgrade Xbox Controller Firmware. There is a way to do this!!! (FULL guide with pics)

This solution is not working in Windows 11 as of today:

Elite S2 5.13.3143.0

Accessories App 300.2202.25001.0

FYI this is what the link in Xbox Assist does: My Xbox controller has connection issues after the last update | Xbox Support

It opens the Xbox Accessories app with:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

No option to revert.

Windows 10 Xbox Accessories App does not work with 5.13.3143.0 at all - displays a message saying its being updated come back soon.
  5. ZachWatts2 Win User

Xbox Accessories App on PC stuck on infinite loading screen or 0% syncing data

Checked all this. Xbox Accessories app still doesn't work. Since I updated Windows 11 to the newest version, my laptop keyboard does not type only in Microsoft applications/settings now. So I think I know who the culprit is. You update one thing so Microsoft can break another thing.

Still waiting on the Xbox Accessories app not working since I didn't change a thing to cause it to no longer work. Microsoft should have that answer since I'm running Microsoft Windows 11, using a Microsoft Xbox controller through a Microsoft created application.
  6. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Xbox series controller acting funky in halo mcc via Xbox app on pc

Hello my name is zahir a independent advisor.

Is the controller software up to date?

Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:

If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

Microsoft Store

Open the Xbox Accessories app.

Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Things to keep in mind

The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.

Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.

If it still does the same. Please download controller tester and check for stick drift.

Regards
    Zahir
Thema:

1. Xbox accessories app no longer opening up windows 11 pro. Worked fine till today - Similar Threads - accessories app longer

2. XBO controller not found in Accessories app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBO controller not found in Accessories app.: I have an XBO I'm trying to use on my Windows 11 PC. I've been using the bluetooth connection just fine on my PC. I tried connecting it to my Steam Deck and ran into issues. The controller...
  3. Xbox Accessories app sign in error 0x80004005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app sign in error 0x80004005: Just downloaded the app to reconfigure my elite controller. It will not let me sign in. I am signed in on the Xbox app/MS store/Outlook, just the accessories app wont let me log in All apps are...
  4. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  5. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  6. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  7. For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks

in XBoX on Windows
    For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks: I’m updated to firmware version 5.17.3202.0 and have updated the Xbox accessories app and are updated on windows, is this only for the console version? I have a Xbox elite 2 controller and it...
  8. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  9. Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?: https://i.imgur.com/BwsatJX.png (Image of the error message that I should update Windows, but it is already the Insider Preview ) Hi, for a few days now, I can't open the Xbox Accessories app...
  10. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...