xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

Discus and support xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required" in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Andrewwarren5, Mar 5, 2024.

1. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version of windows 11 pro with all available updates done. I've tried repairing, resetting and uninstalling with revo completely. Nothing is working. The app worked perfectly 2 days ago

:)

Andrewwarren5, Mar 5, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Andrewwarren5, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, follow these steps:

First, check your time settings, and set it to automatic.

Press the Windows Key + X > Settings > Time & language > Date & time > Enable "Set Timezone Automatically" and "Set Time Automatically".

Then, press Windows key + I to open Settings.

Go to System > Troubleshoot.

Click Additional troubleshooters.

From the Find and fix other problems list, select the following troubleshooters:

Window Update

Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

Follow the on-screen instructions for both of them.
  3. zmaster2XXX Win User

Xbox One controller didn’t finish update, completely unresponsive

Update via PC

Update your controller on a Windows 10 PC by using the Xbox Accessories app:

1. Get the app from Microsoft Windows 10 by searching for "Xbox Accessories."
    2. Launch the Xbox Accessories app.
    3. Connect your Xbox One Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

Note You'll be prompted to update to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition if you haven't yet done so.
    4. When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Note You can also go to Device Info to check for an update.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

XBOX ONE CONTROLLER WONT PAIR

I would suggest you try the update VIA a PC if possible.

Update via PC

Update your controller on a Windows 10 PC by using the Xbox Accessories app:

1. Get the app from Microsoft Windows 10 by searching for "Xbox Accessories."
    2. Launch the Xbox Accessories app.
    3. Connect your Xbox One Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

Note You'll be prompted to update to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition if you haven't yet done so.
    4. When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Note You can also go to Device Info to check for an update.
    Notes

• The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10.
    • Controllers that don't have a built-in 3.5-mm audio port must be updated using a USB connection and must have the Windows 10 TH2 Update (or later).
    • Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.
    • Bluetooth requires a PC running the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. See
      Windows Update: FAQ
      to learn how to get the latest Windows update.
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

Can´t connect two Xbox one controller(No BT) to pc

I'd take a look and see if those controllers are up to date with their Firmware: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

You can update them on a Windows 10 PC or an Xbox One console with the Xbox Accessories App.

Are you trying to use an Windows 10 PC, or is it Windows 7 or another OS?
  6. Andre for Directly Win User

Xbox controller not working properly with Ori and the Blind Forrest

Click Start, type: xbox accessories

Launch the Xbox Accessories app.

Connect your Xbox One Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

When the controller is connected, you'll see the message “Update Required” if an update is mandatory. Install the update.
Thema:

1. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required" - Similar Threads - accessories app wont

2. XBO controller not found in Accessories app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBO controller not found in Accessories app.: I have an XBO I'm trying to use on my Windows 11 PC. I've been using the bluetooth connection just fine on my PC. I tried connecting it to my Steam Deck and ran into issues. The controller...
  3. Xbox Accessories app sign in error 0x80004005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app sign in error 0x80004005: Just downloaded the app to reconfigure my elite controller. It will not let me sign in. I am signed in on the Xbox app/MS store/Outlook, just the accessories app wont let me log in All apps are...
  4. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  5. Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app on PC, No Firmware update button for my Xbox Series X Enwired...: The Firmware version on my Xbox Series X controller is 1.3.139.1125 I needed a Firmware update because my controller kept turning my screen black then back to normal and the controller being...
  6. Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software

in XboX Insiders
    Accessory App change 1: Make triggers remappable by digitizing them vua software: I understand the reason why your standard Xbox controller and the Xbox accessories app won't let you remap the triggers. Because certain games will be deemed either too easy or unwinnable if the...
  7. For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks

in XBoX on Windows
    For the Xbox accessories app on pc I can’t find the feature to recalibrate my thumb sticks: I’m updated to firmware version 5.17.3202.0 and have updated the Xbox accessories app and are updated on windows, is this only for the console version? I have a Xbox elite 2 controller and it...
  8. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  9. Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Accessories app doesn't start anymore (´・ω・`)?: https://i.imgur.com/BwsatJX.png (Image of the error message that I should update Windows, but it is already the Insider Preview ) Hi, for a few days now, I can't open the Xbox Accessories app...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 wont connect to xbox accessories app on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 wont connect to xbox accessories app on my pc: Xbox elite series 2 wont connect to xbox accessories app on my pc with a usb-c cord and the xbox button keeps flashing and wont connect on bluetooth either 7aa901d7-8702-4c78-ba21-2cc5e4476f3f