Xbox 360s was freezing, now won't boot at all

Discus and support Xbox 360s was freezing, now won't boot at all in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OK, here's what's happened so far: In the middle of a game, after only a couple of hours (at most) of play, the game froze. We rebooted, started the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DragonsDream1, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Xbox 360s was freezing, now won't boot at all

OK, here's what's happened so far:

In the middle of a game, after only a couple of hours (at most) of play, the game froze. We rebooted, started the game again, and again it froze. Tried again, but this time it froze at the dashboard. Further attempts at rebooting the console would freeze
    somewhere during the opening Xbox logo animation. We researched online. First thought was overheating, so we vacuumed the vents and let it sit for a couple of hours. When we tried to start it up, still freezing at logo screen. Removed the hard drive. Was able
    to get to the dashboard again before freezing (was trying to get to system settings to clear cache). Further reboot attempts result in nothing. The green center light comes on and the fan starts up, but otherwise, nothing. No rings, no signal to the screen.

Other steps taken (all attempted both with and without the hard drive installed):

holding in the synch button while starting. Nothing.

changing from HDMI to the Xbox AV cable. nothing. (this was tried early as well when we could get to the dashboard before freezing, so I know both cables work).

Changing outlets. Nothing. As it's Christmas season and we have lots of lights, I even tried killing as many as I could to see if it was an issue of not getting enough power but, still, nothing.

The power brick shows green when trying to power on in all situations.

We're at an impasse. Is a Microsoft repair the next step? Unit is only 2 years old and probably hasn't seen more than 300 hours use in total

:)

DragonsDream1, Dec 27, 2014
  2. Xbox one not working.

I'm having serious problems as well all of a sudden. Freezing, yes. Won't shut down now. Wouldn't boot until I performed an offline update, but now that it boots it won't let me do anything without timing out or freezing/crashing... then it won't even
    turn off without unplugging it.

Others who are experiencing problems need to speak up. My XBox used to be rock solid until about a couple months ago, when little odd things started happening, and I needed to do my very first manual update to get it boot... it would work fine for a couple
    weeks, then something odd would happen, like apps wouldn't start, or it would freeze, or the X menu wouldn't pop-out, etc. Now, just a couple months after these issues started, the unit is completely bricked... no matter what I do it will not work. It boots
    but ultimately will crash and I can't login so I can't even attempt to run any of my apps. Worthless piece of ****.

CursingArcher3, Dec 27, 2014
  3. Newest update stuck at around 70% install?

My xbox stop at that too but when istalling now I got a green screen loop. It won't boot

Darkwatch1137, Dec 27, 2014
  4. Xbox 360s was freezing, now won't boot at all

I too am having the same issue.

LeakproofPoem68, Jan 10, 2015
  5. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    Get a can of compressed air--This is going to do a much more efficient job at cleaning it.

If your console is freezing during boot, (even with the HDD removed), there's nothing you can really do. Your console is dying, probably the GPU as that's the first thing to go on a 360 logic board. Eventually it may throw an error code at you, but if it's
    the GPU/CPU that are dying, there's nothing you can really do to fix it.

Edit:

I should mention, there's nothing you can do to fix it yourself. If nothing works then yes, open a repair ticket, but they'll probably end up replacing your console anyway as there are really no internal parts to replace in an Xbox 360.

Irixion, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Vankss Win User

Xbox 360 freez and now won't boot up

Ok ok i really appreciate dude thanks you
  7. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Is there anything else I can do for you?
  8. Christopher Revoredo Win User

This sounds like an HDMI issue! And thank you! I'm really sorry about the issue and I totally understand the frustration!
  9. Vankss Win User

Hey sure i might try it do you think this is a hdmi problem or xbox 360 problem

By the way thanks for helping me
  10. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Vankss! Christopher here, an Xbox fan and been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest leaving the console at least 10 minutes unplugged to see if this makes the console boot up!
Thema:

Xbox 360s was freezing, now won't boot at all

1. Xbox 360s was freezing, now won't boot at all - Similar Threads - 360s was freezing

2. How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you get game files off a xbox 360s internal hard drive with the ring of death: I have an Xbox 360/s that's been to the repair shop for the ring of death and was told that it is a temporary fix. It has an internal hard drive and I would like to get the saved game files off of...
  3. Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did Microsoft block Xbox 360s from Xbox Live on 1-11-24?: On Thursday 1-11-24 two of my xbox 360 S and my xbox 360 E stopped accessing Xbox live. I had been using daily until 1-11-24. Prior to the access failure I had made no changes to network...
  4. How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix xbox 360s 4gb memory: My xbox 360 memory had 2 out of the 4 gb used. After turning it on unused for a week it would be stuck on the xbox 360 startup. I waited for an hour and it said that there was a memory problem and...
  5. Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible: So I just was wondering why Xbox/Microsoft decided to stop making Xbox 360 games backwards compatible. There are still so many games that deserve/need to be made backwards compatible especially...
  6. I recently bought xbox 360 s and i know that xbox 360s is coming with 4gb built in but...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought xbox 360 s and i know that xbox 360s is coming with 4gb built in but...: I recently bought xbox 360 s and i know that xbox 360s is coming with 4gb built in but went to check there was not 4gb 92afaf6f-b888-4491-9eff-02ebd3d981c8
  7. I recently purchased a X-Box 360s from an electronic store.

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently purchased a X-Box 360s from an electronic store.: ***Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from description. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy. ***...
  8. Xbox 360S haven't got a Wifi Module?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360S haven't got a Wifi Module?: My Xbox 360S Trinity for some Reason dont recognize the Wi-Fi Module. It says i have to plug in the Wi-Fi adapter, which seems weird since the Xbox should have the Wi-Fi internally . It also have...
  9. Hi guys...i am having a problem with my xbox 360s.....i get a page that says cant sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi guys...i am having a problem with my xbox 360s.....i get a page that says cant sign...: Hi guys...i am having a problem with my xbox 360s.....i get a page that says cant sign in....i have already formatted the hard drive and cleared the cache...is there maybe something else i can try...
  10. Hi there, why isn't Netflix loading up on both my Xbox 360s? I've tried wireless and wired....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there, why isn't Netflix loading up on both my Xbox 360s? I've tried wireless and wired....: Hi there, why isn't Netflix loading up on both my Xbox 360s? I've tried wireless and wired. It keeps trying to load but comes up with "Netflix encountered an error tvq-st-141". I've tried all the...