Xbox 360e brick problem

Discus and support Xbox 360e brick problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; when i plug in my Xbox 360e brick into a power source it turns on with an orange light (not flickering) but as soon as i connect the brick to my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ThomasBoonen, Sep 1, 2022.

1. ThomasBoonen
    ThomasBoonen Guest

Xbox 360e brick problem

when i plug in my Xbox 360e brick into a power source it turns on with an orange light (not flickering) but as soon as i connect the brick to my console, the orange light turns off and the fan starts making a lot of noise and when i unplug the brick from the console the noise does not stop and i need to unplug it from the power source. Is the brick broken or has it got something to do with the console?

:)

ThomasBoonen, Sep 1, 2022
  2. ThomasBoonen Win User

Xbox 360e brick problem

Hi Josef,

I have already determined the brick is ok and after watching some tutorials i have concluded the is a short in the Xbox itself. Probably a couple of capacitors have shorted out for some reason on the stand-by voltage but thanks anyway for responding to my question. I really appreciate it.

Best regards, Tom
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox 360e brick problem

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this ThomasBoonen

Could be an issue with the power brick itself, when it shows an orange light that means something's wrong with it.

If possible please try using a different or new power brick and test how it goes
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Can I buy a new power cell for my Xbox 360 E?

Hi,

Power Cell? Do you mean the power brick, as in the external power supply? There is no 'power cell' in the Xbox 360 consoles.

Microsoft no longer make or support Xbox 360 console power supplies. If you believe your power supply is failing you'll need to replace it. Unfortunately Microsoft no longer sells these, but there are plenty of places you can source a replacement.

I doubt you'll find a 'new Xbox 360E'.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Can I buy a new power cell for my Xbox 360 E?

The Xbox 360E does not use a battery
  6. InitialOsprey3 Win User

xbox 360e no signal problems

Thanks for the reply; I'll purchase another HDMI cable and give it a try. I'm concerned about sending it in for repair since the problems is so sporadic. I'm afraid a casual inspection of the unit won't detect a problem.
Thema:

Xbox 360e brick problem

1. Xbox 360e brick problem - Similar Threads - 360e brick problem

2. i found my old xbox 360E but it’s giving me the red ring of death

in XboX Insiders
    i found my old xbox 360E but it’s giving me the red ring of death: granted i haven’t ran her since the 7th grade, is there anything i can do? i’ve unplugged everything, tried new power cords, took out the hard drive, etc. the button goes from green to a flashing...
  3. Xbox 360E Solid Red Light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360E Solid Red Light: When I power on my 360E, it boots up normally but after about 9-10 seconds the power light turns solid red, and stays that way until I tun it off. It doesnt show anything on my tv. The power brick...
  4. New here...I have 2 Xbox360 consoles, 1 an old Xbox360 02/11/11 and a 360E 01/15/14 - 3...

in XBoX on Consoles
    New here...I have 2 Xbox360 consoles, 1 an old Xbox360 02/11/11 and a 360E 01/15/14 - 3...: The wired controllers do nothing in either console....the wireless shows on the XboxE homescreen but does not connect..... The screen says over and over reconnect controller. I can get it to...
  5. How to reset family passcode for Xbox 360E

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to reset family passcode for Xbox 360E: Ive tried alot to reset the passcode on a newly purchased pre-owned Xbox 360 E how can I solve this problem 7beaeac6-3ffc-4459-849a-762846519889
  6. xbox 360e

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360e: My xbox 360e status report from Microsoft has only 1 limited, games and gaming all others are up and running. But my microsoft removeable hard drive,will not format. Why? I need the 200gb to play...
  7. xbox 360e

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360e: I'm trying to contact an external hard drive to my kids xbox 360e. No port to connect it to can anyone help me b0a25258-f38a-44d1-ab10-22dede710dd0
  8. xbox 360E

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360E: hallo everyone ,i bougth an xbox 360E at a second shop but the box have family code on.can i call microsoft to help me,to reset the family code.please thanx 578d1189-c305-40ef-b179-1c37efcfc047
  9. System update 360e

in XBoX on Consoles
    System update 360e: When im trying to update a xbox 360e thaat I just purchased of someone, but when going on to update page its giving a status code of 4476_0000_0080_0300_8007_000f. Please any idea what it is....
  10. Xbox 360E Red Light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360E Red Light: Split from this thread. Hello,i have a problem with XB360e i have red bottom on power bottom Sorry for bad english im from Serbia. Link [MEDIA] 5b438e7b-4ab8-48f7-af6f-427b0fc98e14